Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop now Shop Popular Services americangods americangods americangods  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. National Bike Month on Amazon Ellen

Package Quantity: 1|Color: Black|Change

Showing 1-10 of 657 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 730 reviews
on July 17, 2016
This is a great concept but I am throwing mine away. I have three major complaints. 1) They come with two large stickers plastered to them. The stickers are almost impossible to remove. Here is a picture of mine after I did my best to clean the large measuring cup. 2) The plastic is poor quality. Food sticks to it and it never looks clean. 3) Finally, the measurement scales on the side do not correspond with the measurements on the angled surface. It may never be a critical issue for cooking, but still, it is an indicator of poor quality. For now, I think I'll stick with my tried and true set of Pyrex nesting cups.
on January 7, 2017
Good quality although after about three years of regular wear, the ink will eventually wear off. Photo shows new set on left, old set on right.
on January 6, 2016
Obviously the big selling point of this set is the ability to measure liquids precisely from a bird's eye view. Having spent a good portion of my kitchen life hunched over waiting for liquids to settle and level so I could see how much was in the cup, this is a much appreciated concept. And without a doubt the sloping, graduated markings give a more accurate measurement, especially with small quantities.

The sharply pointed pouring spouts are a HUGE plus. I have come to despise my Pyrex measuring cups because of the wide spouts and rolled edges. With the Oxo cups you can pour with great precision, so even pouring into narrow openings is no problem.

I also like the fact that they nest, although it's not the sleekest arrangement I've seen.

On the down side, the interior contouring inhibits mixing inside the cups. So if, for instance, you want to grab a small whisk to mix up a vinaigrette, it's a much clunkier operation than it would be in a cup with a smooth, evenly rounded interior.

Also, the fact that you can't microwave them with wild abandon (as you can Pyrex) makes them less than perfect. Still, they are a top notch addition to a cook's tool chest, and I recommend them without hesitation.
on September 19, 2016
Bought the set and love them. Never reach for the PYREX anymore. No disrespect. Still love the PYREX baking dishes. Love that you don't have to pick them up when measuring to make sure you've gotten the right amount of ingredient. A simple thing but it matters when you're cooking like a fiend and don't want to pour off/add as your going along. Only thing that would make this or any other plastic product better is if it TRULY could be put in the dishwasher without clouding up after a few times. Won't chance it. Love these and want to take care of them so I hand wash them.
on January 5, 2016
The description for these measuring cups is hilarious. "Eliminates the need to fill, check and adjust"?? Sorry, folks, the cups do not magically fill themselves. You do still need to fill them, you do need to check them (I don't fill them with my eyes closed), and I often add a slight additional pour or pour a little back out (also known as adjusting). What it does do is eliminate the need to bend over to check and I love that feature mightily. The spout is perfect for pouring a little back into the milk container neatly or adding liquid ingredients to a dry in a very thin stream if so desired. Does a great job for a measuring cup and I love that the 3 cups nest.

Cons - these are not a huge deal (I still gave this 4 stars) but here they are:

1) Bought this set almost exactly 5 years ago. They get washed in the dishwasher. The bottoms of both the 1-cup and 2-cup have sprung tiny leaks around the plastic nubbin in the center. My husband is going to put a drop of super-glue on the crack to see if it fixes the problem. If not, I will buy a new set.

2) The red lettering is fine but the white background that helps make the lettering legible has come off in a few spots. It isn't worn off per se. More like it has flaked off. Not anywhere that bothers me too much. As I recall, it happened relatively early on, maybe within the first year. I always figured when it came off in enough spots, I would replace but, after the initial flaking, it has not changed much. It is just a little unattractive.

3) The spout is drippy. I really dislike this. The spout pours beautifully but, when done, there is always a few drops that run down the side of the cup and leaves a messy counter.

4) If you overshoot the mark, especially with an opaque liquid like milk, you may have to bend over anyway to see how far over you went.
on December 27, 2015
My wife really likes these measuring cups. She has had a 1-cup size version of this for about 5-6 years. The angled measuring guide inside the cup lets her see the amount of liquid without having to lift it up and look for the meniscus. That's a real safety advantage when handling hot liquids.

After several years of regular, if not daily, use, some of the markings were fading, so she suggested a new one might make a suitable Christmas present. Finding this 3-piece set at such a good price just made it better.

These are made from a pretty rugged, microwave-safe and dishwasher-safe plastic, but I would like to see these made with Pyrex or similar heat and cold resistant glass.
on February 20, 2017
A++ for design
A++ for ingenuity
A++ for usefulness
D for construction

Mine all failed after a few months. Not microwave safe. Not dishwasher safe. Not drop resistant. And the numbers will wear off over time.

So I recommend ONLY use for measuring cold-warm ingredients and hand wash with a very soft cloth. Else plastic will start to get tiny cracks and the surface can get bubbles and the clear plastic turns grey and cloudy. Wish they made a glass version.
on May 7, 2016
I was pleased with the purchase of this item are made of sturdy plastic and high-quality
on June 20, 2016
This is the first OXO brand product I've ever purchased-I always bought Pyrex..but after long searching it seems Pyrex isn't made the same anymore and doesn't hold up so I decided on these. I Absolutely LOVE these measuring cups! I've searched long and hard, looking for a durable measuring cup. I never seen a measuring cup like these before, so I thought I would give them a try, after reading all the good reviews. I'm happy I did, they are exactly as pictured and stated! They are super durable and measure accurately! I definitely will be looking into buying and trying another OXO brand product next time I come across something I need at a good price!
on February 29, 2016
These measuring cups are perfect for their function - meaning that they definitely are cups that measure accurately. The reason I gave it 3 stars is that meeting this function is just a base requirement for a measuring cup. I suppose this is my fault, but when I ordered it, I assumed that they were neatly stackable for easy storage. Unfortunately, the measuring lines on the inside of the cups prevent them from being stacked neatly. Maybe removing 2 stars for that design is unreasonable, but every other OXO product I own is 5 stars.