Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Country Heat GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon howardsend howardsend howardsend  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now TG18PP_gno

on January 7, 2017
Good quality although after about three years of regular wear, the ink will eventually wear off. Photo shows new set on left, old set on right.
review image
11 comment| 35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 6, 2016
Obviously the big selling point of this set is the ability to measure liquids precisely from a bird's eye view. Having spent a good portion of my kitchen life hunched over waiting for liquids to settle and level so I could see how much was in the cup, this is a much appreciated concept. And without a doubt the sloping, graduated markings give a more accurate measurement, especially with small quantities.

The sharply pointed pouring spouts are a HUGE plus. I have come to despise my Pyrex measuring cups because of the wide spouts and rolled edges. With the Oxo cups you can pour with great precision, so even pouring into narrow openings is no problem.

I also like the fact that they nest, although it's not the sleekest arrangement I've seen.

On the down side, the interior contouring inhibits mixing inside the cups. So if, for instance, you want to grab a small whisk to mix up a vinaigrette, it's a much clunkier operation than it would be in a cup with a smooth, evenly rounded interior.

Also, the fact that you can't microwave them with wild abandon (as you can Pyrex) makes them less than perfect. Still, they are a top notch addition to a cook's tool chest, and I recommend them without hesitation.
on July 17, 2016
This is a great concept but I am throwing mine away. I have three major complaints. 1) They come with two large stickers plastered to them. The stickers are almost impossible to remove. Here is a picture of mine after I did my best to clean the large measuring cup. 2) The plastic is poor quality. Food sticks to it and it never looks clean. 3) Finally, the measurement scales on the side do not correspond with the measurements on the angled surface. It may never be a critical issue for cooking, but still, it is an indicator of poor quality. For now, I think I'll stick with my tried and true set of Pyrex nesting cups.
review image
11 comment| 39 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 19, 2016
Bought the set and love them. Never reach for the PYREX anymore. No disrespect. Still love the PYREX baking dishes. Love that you don't have to pick them up when measuring to make sure you've gotten the right amount of ingredient. A simple thing but it matters when you're cooking like a fiend and don't want to pour off/add as your going along. Only thing that would make this or any other plastic product better is if it TRULY could be put in the dishwasher without clouding up after a few times. Won't chance it. Love these and want to take care of them so I hand wash them.
on January 12, 2017
I bought a set myself somewhere else and liked it so much I got a set for my sister and a set for my son for Christmas. Now this is the same son that keeps telling me to stop buying him things for the kitchen because he just doesn't use them. Thought I'd give it one more try and BINGO! I finally FINALLY did something right! He loves them! Yes they are hard to mix in but just use another bowl AND I don't put these in the dishwasher...I always wash out by hand. I've had mine for years and they've held up beautifully. Pros and cons to everything, I guess, but whenever mine do wear out...I'll be replacing them with another set.
on December 27, 2015
My wife really likes these measuring cups. She has had a 1-cup size version of this for about 5-6 years. The angled measuring guide inside the cup lets her see the amount of liquid without having to lift it up and look for the meniscus. That's a real safety advantage when handling hot liquids.

After several years of regular, if not daily, use, some of the markings were fading, so she suggested a new one might make a suitable Christmas present. Finding this 3-piece set at such a good price just made it better.

These are made from a pretty rugged, microwave-safe and dishwasher-safe plastic, but I would like to see these made with Pyrex or similar heat and cold resistant glass.
on May 7, 2016
I was pleased with the purchase of this item are made of sturdy plastic and high-quality
on December 23, 2017
The best measuring cups around. My mother has a set that just now broke down, I snapped a handle off. So I purchased a set for her and for me, to replace the one I broke. She's had them for 5, maybe more years, and the numbers had not worn, nor had the plastic discolored. A solid, easy to read choice for measuring cups that will last a lifetime if you're not a gorilla with hams for hands like me.
on June 20, 2016
This is the first OXO brand product I've ever purchased-I always bought Pyrex..but after long searching it seems Pyrex isn't made the same anymore and doesn't hold up so I decided on these. I Absolutely LOVE these measuring cups! I've searched long and hard, looking for a durable measuring cup. I never seen a measuring cup like these before, so I thought I would give them a try, after reading all the good reviews. I'm happy I did, they are exactly as pictured and stated! They are super durable and measure accurately! I definitely will be looking into buying and trying another OXO brand product next time I come across something I need at a good price!
on February 25, 2017
I have always wanted to try these. I was in love with my Pyrex measuring cups, but the measurements were always a little difficult to see. These are so cool! I've heard of the OXO brand before so I knew the quality was pretty good, but these cups are really great. The only downside is that they are plastic and not really meant to be microwaved or anything. They don't last as long as the Pyrex glass ones, but they are still much easier to read. They are much more lightweight. I like the handle on these also. Makes holding on easier when they are full and heavy.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.