Your Garage Luxury Beauty Killers of the Flower moon STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning animespring animespring animespring  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Package Quantity: 1|Color: Black|Change

Showing 1-10 of 645 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 717 reviews
on July 17, 2016
This is a great concept but I am throwing mine away. I have three major complaints. 1) They come with two large stickers plastered to them. The stickers are almost impossible to remove. Here is a picture of mine after I did my best to clean the large measuring cup. 2) The plastic is poor quality. Food sticks to it and it never looks clean. 3) Finally, the measurement scales on the side do not correspond with the measurements on the angled surface. It may never be a critical issue for cooking, but still, it is an indicator of poor quality. For now, I think I'll stick with my tried and true set of Pyrex nesting cups.
review image
on January 5, 2016
The description for these measuring cups is hilarious. "Eliminates the need to fill, check and adjust"?? Sorry, folks, the cups do not magically fill themselves. You do still need to fill them, you do need to check them (I don't fill them with my eyes closed), and I often add a slight additional pour or pour a little back out (also known as adjusting). What it does do is eliminate the need to bend over to check and I love that feature mightily. The spout is perfect for pouring a little back into the milk container neatly or adding liquid ingredients to a dry in a very thin stream if so desired. Does a great job for a measuring cup and I love that the 3 cups nest.

Cons - these are not a huge deal (I still gave this 4 stars) but here they are:

1) Bought this set almost exactly 5 years ago. They get washed in the dishwasher. The bottoms of both the 1-cup and 2-cup have sprung tiny leaks around the plastic nubbin in the center. My husband is going to put a drop of super-glue on the crack to see if it fixes the problem. If not, I will buy a new set.

2) The red lettering is fine but the white background that helps make the lettering legible has come off in a few spots. It isn't worn off per se. More like it has flaked off. Not anywhere that bothers me too much. As I recall, it happened relatively early on, maybe within the first year. I always figured when it came off in enough spots, I would replace but, after the initial flaking, it has not changed much. It is just a little unattractive.

3) The spout is drippy. I really dislike this. The spout pours beautifully but, when done, there is always a few drops that run down the side of the cup and leaves a messy counter.

4) If you overshoot the mark, especially with an opaque liquid like milk, you may have to bend over anyway to see how far over you went.
on January 6, 2016
Obviously the big selling point of this set is the ability to measure liquids precisely from a bird's eye view. Having spent a good portion of my kitchen life hunched over waiting for liquids to settle and level so I could see how much was in the cup, this is a much appreciated concept. And without a doubt the sloping, graduated markings give a more accurate measurement, especially with small quantities.

The sharply pointed pouring spouts are a HUGE plus. I have come to despise my Pyrex measuring cups because of the wide spouts and rolled edges. With the Oxo cups you can pour with great precision, so even pouring into narrow openings is no problem.

I also like the fact that they nest, although it's not the sleekest arrangement I've seen.

On the down side, the interior contouring inhibits mixing inside the cups. So if, for instance, you want to grab a small whisk to mix up a vinaigrette, it's a much clunkier operation than it would be in a cup with a smooth, evenly rounded interior.

Also, the fact that you can't microwave them with wild abandon (as you can Pyrex) makes them less than perfect. Still, they are a top notch addition to a cook's tool chest, and I recommend them without hesitation.
on December 27, 2015
My wife really likes these measuring cups. She has had a 1-cup size version of this for about 5-6 years. The angled measuring guide inside the cup lets her see the amount of liquid without having to lift it up and look for the meniscus. That's a real safety advantage when handling hot liquids.

After several years of regular, if not daily, use, some of the markings were fading, so she suggested a new one might make a suitable Christmas present. Finding this 3-piece set at such a good price just made it better.

These are made from a pretty rugged, microwave-safe and dishwasher-safe plastic, but I would like to see these made with Pyrex or similar heat and cold resistant glass.
on November 22, 2013
These are some of the best measuring cups I have, other than the basic metal cups with handles that you can pick up at Walmart. I love that you can put the cup flat and still see the measurement. These also pour spectacularly well. They do not spill over past the spout part, like so many other brands do. You can actually pour liquid without spilling it over the rest of the edge. Good handles, and these cups have been able to take boiling liquids with no problems at all. They are dishwasher safe, so that's a plus as well. I purchased these when we lived overseas and could not take them back with us, so as soon as we moved back here, I bought some more. This is the first set I've ever had that has a 4 cup measuring cup in it, and it's as easy to hold and pour from as the one cup container. It is great to be able to measure four cups at a time, as all the other ones I've ever had have either been one or two cup capacity. I highly recommend and have yet to find an OXO brand product that I'm not pleased with.
on June 20, 2016
This is the first OXO brand product I've ever purchased-I always bought Pyrex..but after long searching it seems Pyrex isn't made the same anymore and doesn't hold up so I decided on these. I Absolutely LOVE these measuring cups! I've searched long and hard, looking for a durable measuring cup. I never seen a measuring cup like these before, so I thought I would give them a try, after reading all the good reviews. I'm happy I did, they are exactly as pictured and stated! They are super durable and measure accurately! I definitely will be looking into buying and trying another OXO brand product next time I come across something I need at a good price!
on September 19, 2016
Bought the set and love them. Never reach for the PYREX anymore. No disrespect. Still love the PYREX baking dishes. Love that you don't have to pick them up when measuring to make sure you've gotten the right amount of ingredient. A simple thing but it matters when you're cooking like a fiend and don't want to pour off/add as your going along. Only thing that would make this or any other plastic product better is if it TRULY could be put in the dishwasher without clouding up after a few times. Won't chance it. Love these and want to take care of them so I hand wash them.
on January 6, 2011
I am in the pool biz and have literally spent hundreds on measuring cups that have all died long before their time from contact with the harsh chemicals. They either only had raised lettering to identify the measure that soon became scratched, and the printed ones wore off after little use from scooping as the printing is on the outside of the measuring cup. Most of all the handles were too short, not reinforced, and snapped off as soon as pressure was applied to break up the "cake" that inevitably formed six inches into the 100# drums. If they did hold up, they were uncomfortable in your hand when pressure had to be applied. Most of all, we had to sacrifice speed to be precise; and we had to raise the cups and their contents much closer to our faces. All problems solved with these measuring cups. Sturdy, long handles with the luxury of comfort. Adding measures on an indented diagonal was sheer genius. The shape of the cup will buffer the impact on the diagonal measure marks, and there is an extra layer (the white behind the diagonal measures) that will keep it limping along much longer under such harsh conditions, AND improve visibility. More importantly, nothing gets within a foot of anybody's face anymore, and we can be much more precise without ever lifting the cup up. Way better return on investment. Just for kitchen use? It's still the best dang measuring cup I've ever seen or held, if you don't mind the higher price tag.
on December 9, 2011
We received these as a wedding gift and absolutely love them.

The three sizes are perfect. Standard two-cup (same as your heavy Pyrex measuring cups in your cupboards today), the small one-cup which is great for accurately measuring smaller amounts, and the large four-cup for large recipes and soups.

Easy to read? Yes! So much easier. If your Pyrex glass measuring cups look like mine (hand-me-downs from Mom when I left for college) they are scratched up and hard to read. Plus the thick glass distorts the measure and you always try and find the meniscus (remember that from Chemistry?). Not to mention you have to bend down to get to eye level to see the measurement.

With these, you simply look down. No bending, easy to read due to the good contrast between the red text on white background, and it somehow seems more accurate (though that's probably a perception thing).

We do keep a couple of the glass Pyrex cups around in case we need extras and in case we need to microwave something, but these are a must have for active cooks.
on February 29, 2016
These measuring cups are perfect for their function - meaning that they definitely are cups that measure accurately. The reason I gave it 3 stars is that meeting this function is just a base requirement for a measuring cup. I suppose this is my fault, but when I ordered it, I assumed that they were neatly stackable for easy storage. Unfortunately, the measuring lines on the inside of the cups prevent them from being stacked neatly. Maybe removing 2 stars for that design is unreasonable, but every other OXO product I own is 5 stars.