Workplace Solutions Best Kids' Books of the Year Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Stocking Stuffers Get up to $100 back on House Cleaning services TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Platinum artists Shop Outdoor Deals on Amazon Baby Gift Guide

Color: Black|Change

Showing 1-10 of 689 reviews(verified purchases). Show all reviews
VINE VOICEon December 26, 2009
I absolutely love these! I've had them for years with no problems. I find them extremely convenient.

The only "issue" is if you are measuring something somewhat sticky and you're going to need to scrape it out a bit, it can be more difficult with the angled cups, as they are not smooth all the way around. That is the only time I revert back to my glass, regular measuring cups.
33 comments| 41 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 19, 2010
I never thought I would be reviewing a set of measuring cups but to be so ecstatic about the purchase would have sent me into a fit of laughter. Well go ahead and chuckle as I am about to sing their praises. To set the stage, everyone knows how annoying it is to fill a measuring cup then set it down on the counter to check the accuracy of the liquids line right? Continuing on, most measuring cups are glass (plastic tends to lose their clarity if they ever even had any) & glass is heavy without the content. If you then add a problem, any problem (mine is MS), which results in a weakness in your hand the weight becomes even more evident and bigger problem. None of these scenes are earth shattering yet it makes cooking or baking much less enjoyable & time consuming. Well let me tell you, OXO Good Grips Angled Measuring cups are a God send. The cups nestle inside each other so wonderfully needing no space at all, they are very clear plastic of Great quality, durable (I even dropped them on the tiled floor purposly) & the content lines are angled (read Truthful description)so you will never again have to double check the quanity lines for accuracy! I Highly recommend this product & Kudo's to OXO for product design and to Amazon for the great description accuray & availablity. I own a few other OXO products and intend to own more.
Again, Thank You OXO & Amazon.
on July 17, 2016
This is a great concept but I am throwing mine away. I have three major complaints. 1) They come with two large stickers plastered to them. The stickers are almost impossible to remove. Here is a picture of mine after I did my best to clean the large measuring cup. 2) The plastic is poor quality. Food sticks to it and it never looks clean. 3) Finally, the measurement scales on the side do not correspond with the measurements on the angled surface. It may never be a critical issue for cooking, but still, it is an indicator of poor quality. For now, I think I'll stick with my tried and true set of Pyrex nesting cups.
review image
on December 27, 2015
My wife really likes these measuring cups. She has had a 1-cup size version of this for about 5-6 years. The angled measuring guide inside the cup lets her see the amount of liquid without having to lift it up and look for the meniscus. That's a real safety advantage when handling hot liquids.

After several years of regular, if not daily, use, some of the markings were fading, so she suggested a new one might make a suitable Christmas present. Finding this 3-piece set at such a good price just made it better.

These are made from a pretty rugged, microwave-safe and dishwasher-safe plastic, but I would like to see these made with Pyrex or similar heat and cold resistant glass.
on January 5, 2016
The description for these measuring cups is hilarious. "Eliminates the need to fill, check and adjust"?? Sorry, folks, the cups do not magically fill themselves. You do still need to fill them, you do need to check them (I don't fill them with my eyes closed), and I often add a slight additional pour or pour a little back out (also known as adjusting). What it does do is eliminate the need to bend over to check and I love that feature mightily. The spout is perfect for pouring a little back into the milk container neatly or adding liquid ingredients to a dry in a very thin stream if so desired. Does a great job for a measuring cup and I love that the 3 cups nest.

Cons - these are not a huge deal (I still gave this 4 stars) but here they are:

1) Bought this set almost exactly 5 years ago. They get washed in the dishwasher. The bottoms of both the 1-cup and 2-cup have sprung tiny leaks around the plastic nubbin in the center. My husband is going to put a drop of super-glue on the crack to see if it fixes the problem. If not, I will buy a new set.

2) The red lettering is fine but the white background that helps make the lettering legible has come off in a few spots. It isn't worn off per se. More like it has flaked off. Not anywhere that bothers me too much. As I recall, it happened relatively early on, maybe within the first year. I always figured when it came off in enough spots, I would replace but, after the initial flaking, it has not changed much. It is just a little unattractive.

3) The spout is drippy. I really dislike this. The spout pours beautifully but, when done, there is always a few drops that run down the side of the cup and leaves a messy counter.

4) If you overshoot the mark, especially with an opaque liquid like milk, you may have to bend over anyway to see how far over you went.
on January 6, 2016
Obviously the big selling point of this set is the ability to measure liquids precisely from a bird's eye view. Having spent a good portion of my kitchen life hunched over waiting for liquids to settle and level so I could see how much was in the cup, this is a much appreciated concept. And without a doubt the sloping, graduated markings give a more accurate measurement, especially with small quantities.

The sharply pointed pouring spouts are a HUGE plus. I have come to despise my Pyrex measuring cups because of the wide spouts and rolled edges. With the Oxo cups you can pour with great precision, so even pouring into narrow openings is no problem.

I also like the fact that they nest, although it's not the sleekest arrangement I've seen.

On the down side, the interior contouring inhibits mixing inside the cups. So if, for instance, you want to grab a small whisk to mix up a vinaigrette, it's a much clunkier operation than it would be in a cup with a smooth, evenly rounded interior.

Also, the fact that you can't microwave them with wild abandon (as you can Pyrex) makes them less than perfect. Still, they are a top notch addition to a cook's tool chest, and I recommend them without hesitation.
on June 21, 2016
I love these measuring cups. I love that this set comes with 3 different measuring cups. They have a handle to make holding the cup to pour easier. They are also angled to help give an accurate measurement for the amount you are needing. They are stackable as well so I just store them one inside the other and pull out whichever size I need when I need it. These are so handy to have for anybody who makes anything in the kitchen.
on February 29, 2016
These measuring cups are perfect for their function - meaning that they definitely are cups that measure accurately. The reason I gave it 3 stars is that meeting this function is just a base requirement for a measuring cup. I suppose this is my fault, but when I ordered it, I assumed that they were neatly stackable for easy storage. Unfortunately, the measuring lines on the inside of the cups prevent them from being stacked neatly. Maybe removing 2 stars for that design is unreasonable, but every other OXO product I own is 5 stars.
on January 22, 2016
This is my second set. Bought this set for my daughter. The quality is great and the numbers do not seem like they will wear off. It is easy to look at these from above to make your measurements. Can't think of anything I would do to improve them. They don't even retain water underneath when put in the dishwasher. These people have thought of everything. I will never switch to other companies for measuring cups. Yup, they are that good. That being said, I never did actually test them to see if they really do measure the right amount but so far have had no problems with any recipes. I will buy for others.
on June 20, 2016
This is the first OXO brand product I've ever purchased-I always bought Pyrex..but after long searching it seems Pyrex isn't made the same anymore and doesn't hold up so I decided on these. I Absolutely LOVE these measuring cups! I've searched long and hard, looking for a durable measuring cup. I never seen a measuring cup like these before, so I thought I would give them a try, after reading all the good reviews. I'm happy I did, they are exactly as pictured and stated! They are super durable and measure accurately! I definitely will be looking into buying and trying another OXO brand product next time I come across something I need at a good price!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.