Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,723 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,003 reviews
on January 6, 2016
Obviously the big selling point of this set is the ability to measure liquids precisely from a bird's eye view. Having spent a good portion of my kitchen life hunched over waiting for liquids to settle and level so I could see how much was in the cup, this is a much appreciated concept. And without a doubt the sloping, graduated markings give a more accurate measurement, especially with small quantities.

The sharply pointed pouring spouts are a HUGE plus. I have come to despise my Pyrex measuring cups because of the wide spouts and rolled edges. With the Oxo cups you can pour with great precision, so even pouring into narrow openings is no problem.

I also like the fact that they nest, although it's not the sleekest arrangement I've seen.

On the down side, the interior contouring inhibits mixing inside the cups. So if, for instance, you want to grab a small whisk to mix up a vinaigrette, it's a much clunkier operation than it would be in a cup with a smooth, evenly rounded interior.

Also, the fact that you can't microwave them with wild abandon (as you can Pyrex) makes them less than perfect. Still, they are a top notch addition to a cook's tool chest, and I recommend them without hesitation.
on July 17, 2016
This is a great concept but I am throwing mine away. I have three major complaints. 1) They come with two large stickers plastered to them. The stickers are almost impossible to remove. Here is a picture of mine after I did my best to clean the large measuring cup. 2) The plastic is poor quality. Food sticks to it and it never looks clean. 3) Finally, the measurement scales on the side do not correspond with the measurements on the angled surface. It may never be a critical issue for cooking, but still, it is an indicator of poor quality. For now, I think I'll stick with my tried and true set of Pyrex nesting cups.
on January 31, 2017
We retired our old Pyrex cups and ordered these as replacements - I keep two of every size standard measuring cup on hand. I decided to try this design and it works reasonably well. The plastic is sturdy and remains clear even when run through the DW. The markings are readable.

Note that if you are measuring clear liquids, it's sometimes easier to read the measurements on the side than the ones marked on the top, however. My spouse, who suffers from poor vision, found trying to measure water from the top markings too disorienting.
on December 10, 2016
over time the plastic changed color. i'm not sure why but it appears defective.
on November 6, 2015
I love this thing!! I use it every time I cook anything.

I have used it multiple time as a mixing bowl many times, and it hasn't shown any signs of wear. Despite using forks, going in and out of the microwave, and just generally scraped and abused as many kitchen gadgets are, this thing still washes up to look new.

I also like the size. Although I practically never need to max out its capacity, but it still makes it nice to use for mixing, as I don't have to wash as many bowls and such.

I also appreciate the handle being soft/rubbery. It really makes a difference when making things such as pancakes, which can be heavier.

All in all I will repurchase, and would recommend to anyone.
on April 13, 2017
I find this measuring cup acceptable, but annoying for two reasons. First, when measuring, the ounce and cup demarcations do not align. For example, when I fill to the 1 cup line, it appears slightly below the 8 ounce line. Second, this is much more difficult to clean than my old pyrex because of all of the different angles. So when measuring viscous liquids like honey, it takes much more effort to wash.
on May 13, 2017
Used it to store essential oil for 1/2 hr. The plastic has peeled off. See attached picture. This is a terrible product.
on September 19, 2016
Bought the set and love them. Never reach for the PYREX anymore. No disrespect. Still love the PYREX baking dishes. Love that you don't have to pick them up when measuring to make sure you've gotten the right amount of ingredient. A simple thing but it matters when you're cooking like a fiend and don't want to pour off/add as your going along. Only thing that would make this or any other plastic product better is if it TRULY could be put in the dishwasher without clouding up after a few times. Won't chance it. Love these and want to take care of them so I hand wash them.
on January 5, 2016
The description for these measuring cups is hilarious. "Eliminates the need to fill, check and adjust"?? Sorry, folks, the cups do not magically fill themselves. You do still need to fill them, you do need to check them (I don't fill them with my eyes closed), and I often add a slight additional pour or pour a little back out (also known as adjusting). What it does do is eliminate the need to bend over to check and I love that feature mightily. The spout is perfect for pouring a little back into the milk container neatly or adding liquid ingredients to a dry in a very thin stream if so desired. Does a great job for a measuring cup and I love that the 3 cups nest.

Cons - these are not a huge deal (I still gave this 4 stars) but here they are:

1) Bought this set almost exactly 5 years ago. They get washed in the dishwasher. The bottoms of both the 1-cup and 2-cup have sprung tiny leaks around the plastic nubbin in the center. My husband is going to put a drop of super-glue on the crack to see if it fixes the problem. If not, I will buy a new set.

2) The red lettering is fine but the white background that helps make the lettering legible has come off in a few spots. It isn't worn off per se. More like it has flaked off. Not anywhere that bothers me too much. As I recall, it happened relatively early on, maybe within the first year. I always figured when it came off in enough spots, I would replace but, after the initial flaking, it has not changed much. It is just a little unattractive.

3) The spout is drippy. I really dislike this. The spout pours beautifully but, when done, there is always a few drops that run down the side of the cup and leaves a messy counter.

4) If you overshoot the mark, especially with an opaque liquid like milk, you may have to bend over anyway to see how far over you went.
on March 24, 2016
I bought a cup like about 6 years ago and was very happy with it. It worked great, survived a lot of washes and was microwaved often yet still looked good. Unfortunately, it accidentally ended up in my sink garbage disposal unit and got very scratched, yet it was not leaking and could still be used. What a survivor! That thing grinds bones. So I ordered exactly the same one and it seems just as good as my old one.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.