Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
OXO Good Grips 5-Quart Stainless-Steel Colander
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Soft, non-slip handles for a firm, comfortable grip
- Perforated design for fast and thorough straining
- Nests in Mixing Bowls for easy straining and storage
- Five feet for stability in the sink and on the countertop
- Available in 3- and 5-quart capacities
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Compare to similar items
This item OXO Good Grips 5-Quart Stainless-Steel Colander
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Material Type||Stainless-Steel||Stainless Steel||18-8 Steel||Stainless Steel|
The Oxo good grips 5-quart stainless steel colander's perforated design allows for fast and thorough straining of orzo, angel hair pasta, fruit, vegetable and more. Soft, nonslip, elevated handles allow for a firm, comfortable grip. The colander can be used with any bow but is sized to nest perfectly in Oxo stainless steel mixing bowls for convenient straining and storage. Five feet provide stability in the sink or on the countertop.
Top Customer Reviews
I had a strainer that was clunky and didn't do a very good job of draining. I read other reviews and decided to splurge on this. And yes, to me spending this much on a strainer is splurging. But it is well worth it.
I have used it for pasta, all types. I have used it for fruits, vegetables, boiled potatoes and rice. Have had no problems with water draining. It is easy to clean. It stands sturdy, meaning it doesn't move around if I set it down.
This is very well made, and so far no problems with rusting or other issues.
***Boring Note: I stopped writing reviews on Amazon, because it seemed there were those that thought nothing of slamming reviews simply so that they could move to the top of the most useful review list. Maybe they have something lacking in their lives, or maybe they are trying to get selected for the Amazon Vine program or who knows.
I buy a LOT on Amazon. My number of reviews does not reflect that.
However, sometimes I am compelled to write a review if I think it will help others make up their mind on a product, since I myself depend on reviews in making decisions. So I am including a review here. If people feel the need for snarky comments or hitting the `not helpful' button, I'll probably delete the review. My reviews are my opinions based on my experience. I have no other agenda.
This heavy duty strainer would be perfect except for one fact. The holes are spaced too far apart and there is ALWAYS water left in the bottom. With fruit it doesn't really matter, but when it comes to food that require a thorough draining, I have to tilt the strainer all the while trying not to let the food fall out. This defeats the whole purpose of using a colander.
Mesh strainers may be more difficult to clean but they drain more thoroughly... I will keep the OXO colander, but will buy a mesh one as well.
1. As I have now seen mentioned in another review, the little black "feet" on the bottom are most definitely not "non-skid." If I have a pot full of past and water that I want to drain, if I "dump" the combination into the colander it slides across the bottom of my sink. The first time this happened I ending up pouring much of my pasta into the sink rather than the colander.
2. The colander "stainless steel" is a thinner gauge than I would prefer. When my colander arrived it had been packed with a few other items, and one of the four little black feet had been jammed up into the colander so that it was flush with the stainless steel exterior surface and a resulting bulge was protruding into the interior of the colander. I was able to "pop" it back out with my thumb, but there is a resulting imperfection visible on the interior of the colander.
This is what I wanted in a colander, and this is what I got in this colander!
- Big enough to handle a pound of pasta. (I bought the 5 quart)
- Made from Stainless Steel, which is sturdy, and safe.
- Small enough holes that fine pasta will stay in the colander, but big enough that they don't slow down draining.
- Easy to clean. I can't stand it when the holes in a strainer collect food particles that harden in and become nearly impossible to clean. This hasn't happened at all with this colander. Still looks new!
- Feet that won't scratch my sink, but will also hold the colander up out of the sink to allow water to drain away, rather than being held under the colander and seeping out slowly.
- Handles that don't get hot.
I also really like the shape of the colander. It is deeper than some, but has a smaller diameter, which means that it doesn't take up as much space in my cupboard, and it easily nests with other items that I have in my cupboard (popcorn bowl, steamer, salad spinner, etc.). Also, it is big enough to easily handle a pound of pasta, but because of the shape, it doesn't seem like overkill to use this big colander to rinse a few veggies from the garden. This colander has replaced my other two colanders completely. They are now both in my yard sale box, and this gem has become one of my favorite items in my kitchen.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
OXO has some nice products this isn't one of them.