Industrial Deals Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis National Bike Month on Amazon

Showing 1-10 of 297 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 347 reviews
on December 16, 2015
I had an OXO locking tongs which works great, so I bought one here, but it totally a different thing! I don't understand why the review here seems so good. Here's my comparison:
pic #1, the left one is from amazon, the right one I bought years ago in a shop, like 12$.
pic #2, the left one is so thin and cheap metal, without even an OXO logo anywhere. You could see the big difference in weight in pic #3.
pic #4, the nylon piece is long and thin without a metal structure, so when you press, it deforms like pic #5
Did I receive a fake one? I'm definitely sending it back!
review image review image review image review image review image
on February 4, 2017
Just an excellent set of tongs with a sturdy stainless steel frame and rubberized insets on the body to allow for good grip and comfortable hand positioning. The nylon tips can handle heat surfaces up to 400 degrees F and the 2 tips meet together with fantastic precision that allows you pick up small and delicate items with ease. There is a very easy to use and effective locking mechanism which makes for convenient storage. My only regret is that i went with the 9" version when really the 12" length is the one I should've went with - oh well!
on July 6, 2015
I personally like them, but my GF wishes I had gotten the longer ones - to be fair, if you're working with a lot of oil, these 9-inch tongs leave your hands pretty close to the pan. Hasn't been an issue for me, but it is for her, so if you're someone who likes to keep your distance from a pan go with the next size up. If I were to get the next size up, though, I'd be happy with the same OXO brand ones.
on February 20, 2017
Huge fan of tongs.
I had several older tongs without the protective coating. These help ensure I don't scratch my pans. Good grip on food, nice handles, good locking mechanism. Spring could be a little stronger but not a big deal.
Not sure why people would complain about melting the tips.... I don't leave them in the pan....
on February 8, 2013
I have tongs in 9, 12 and 16 inches, with both metal and nylon heads. For every thing but the grill and the heaviest oven-roasted foods, I find myself most often reaching for the two 9 inch pairs that I have. They make moving food around in a pan extremely easy--working almost like an extension of your own hand. The shortness of the blades means the wrist movement necessary for grabbing, turning, and moving foods most resembles what you would do if you had asbestos fingers and could just reach in the pan to move things around yourself. These are perfect for snagging a single strand of pasta out of a pot of boiling water for testing, turning everything from delicate shrimp to hefty ribeyes, and distributing hot foods precisely on a plate for great presentation.
on July 30, 2016
Bought these a few years ago. I use at least once a weeks. They have held up well. OXO makes good, reliable kitchen equipment. I'll stock my whole kitchen with OXO if I could. These are a great dize, about 9 ". Have a silicon / rubber tip. This is prefect of non stick pans. You won't be disappointed if you buy these. Buy 2 and have a back up.
on February 22, 2014
The steel used is very thick gauge quality steel. The springs are heavy duty, and the hand grips make sure that the tongs aren't going anywhere once in your hand. The silicon coating is durable and will not scratch your non-stick pans. The eyehook for storage also functions as a lock to keep the tongs closed either while hanging or in a drawer. I used to work in a restaurant where the owner would only by the cheapest tongs and we would go through them like plastic utensils. I only wish I had a pair of these back then! I've had them for a few months now and they are still in tip-top condition.
on July 7, 2014
These tongs are very good. I needed a pair of tongs that are not metal tipped, to safely use on non-stick pans. I bought a cheap pair at the grocery store, with silicone heads. Those were no good because the "hands" were just floppy silicone, so it was hard to get a grip on whatever you were picking up. Kinda like playing a claw machine game. Also, they broke after about a month.

These tongs are much better. The ends are very firm, so I can precisely handle my bacon. The handles provide a good grip also. All in all, excellent tongs. I will probably buy a pair in the longer size also.
on January 18, 2011
The title says it all. I was looking for 9-inch tongs so I could use them for many different purposes. Not too long, not too short. They have nylon tips and will not scratch your pans. They also easily lock in a closed position for drawer storage and drawer retrieval, not only saving space but also not pulling out other things from the drawer with them because they stayed closed. The tongs arrived just in time for Christmas and we used them at one of our Christmas parties to remove sliced ham from a cherished Cuisinart non-stick Stainless Steel Roasting pan. We had 30 guests using these tongs and there was not one scratch on the non-stick surface. People young and old had an easy time using the tongs to quickly select their slices. I have used these for many other purposes since then and they are great. They would make a great gift too.
on August 20, 2016
We use tongs quite a bit for cooking and serving. I wanted to add a pair with Nylon tips and looked at several. There are tons of choices that look similar, but aren't. Most of them worried me because the tips did not look very securely attached to the metal part. Not so with the OXO version. Very well thought out design!