Save Big On Open-Box & Pre-owned: Buy "OXO Good Grips Cherry and Olive Pitter, Red” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 22% off the $12.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Pre-owned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $4.50 shipping
OXO Good Grips Cherry and Olive Pitter, Red
|Price:||$12.99 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Splatter shield protects work area from juices and removes for cleaning
- Sturdy, die-cast zinc construction removes pits with ease
- Generous holder accommodates large cherries like bing and rainier, and is recessed to secure smaller varieties of cherries and olives
- Locks closed for convenient storage
- Soft, comfortable non-slip handles absorb pressure
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Compare to Similar Items
This item: OXO Good Grips Cherry and Olive Pitter, Red
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Length||5.75 inches||7.38 inches||8 inches||7 inches|
|Item Package Weight||0.02 pounds||0.35 pounds||0.7 pounds||0.6 pounds|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
From the Manufacturer
OXO Good Grips Cherry & Olive Pitter
Baking a Cherry Pie is No Longer the Pits!
A roomy splatter shield directs juices downward, protecting the work area (and clothing) from unwanted messes.
Sturdy, die-cast zinc and soft, non-slip handles absorb pressure making even repetitive pitting nearly effortless.
Pitter accommodates large cherries like Bing and Rainier, and is recessed to secure smaller varieties of cherries and olives.
Convenient Cleanup and Storage
Dishwasher safe for easy clean-up; Locks closed for convenient storage.
Here's a Good Tip. ..
Northwest Cherries are at their peak from June through August. To enjoy delicious cherries all year round, rinse, pit, and store them in the freezer for later. Pitted cherries make a safe and delicious snack for both tots and adults!
Top Customer Reviews
Kudos to the Oxo team for making some solid product impovements! I'm passing my old Pampered Chef one down the family line.
I went back to my old tried and true pitting tool...A paper clip. Just insert the clip where the stem was, push it down and under the pit. Then scoop/pull/flick the pit back up through the stem hole. Use a small paper clip for sour pie cherries, and a big paper clip for sweet red cherries or Queen Anne cherries. It is way less messy than the OXO pitter, because the only hole is at the top of the cherry. Give it a try and let me know how it works for you...
I've been buying bags of cherries whenever they're on sale (which is practically every week in June and July) and pitting them. Pull off the stem, place the cherry in the pitter with the stem spot facing up and squeeze the trigger. About 95% of the time the pit pops right out. The other 5% of the time the pit is just pushed off to the side or it comes out but gets hung up in the exit hole because it's a little too big. If the pit is pushed off to the side, it's easy to spot and pick out, and if it's hung up it's also easy to pick it out. There was just one time that wasn't true. The pit got pushed into the exit hole and jammed there tight. It took me a couple of minutes with a lobster pick to get it out of there. But I did get it out with no harm done, and that was just one incident in many hundreds of cherries. I do think the exit hole should be just a tiny bit bigger, but that's minor.
The splatter guard works pretty well, but not flawlessly. You shouldn't pit a batch of cherries wearing something you don't want to get an occasional drop of cherry juice on. It seems counterintuitive, but I've found that aiming the pitter slightly sideways rather than straight up and down minimizes that risk.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
We ordered this at the end of fresh cherry season, so we were only able to use it once. It was easy to use and convenient to clean. Read morePublished 2 hours ago by Another Amateur
Works great, I have used on cherries and olives. It tears the olives up a bit to get the pit out. They will not look like the ones you purchase in a jar pitted, but it works.Published 1 day ago by Tiffany
Whoever said to use a beer bottle and chopstick to pit cherries was a dreamer, it sucked and didn't work well at all. Read morePublished 2 days ago by Reb