OXO Good Grips Silicone Basting & Pastry Brush-Small, Multicolor
- Features a unique bristle design and will not retain odors, nor clump during cleaning
- Multiple layers of silicone bristles feature gaps in center to hold liquids better as they are transferred from bowl to food
- Tapered outer bristles allow for brushing delicate pastries with ease
- Silicone bristles are heat resistant to 600 degrees F; angled brush head keeps bristles off the countertop
- A soft comfortable grip makes it a joy to baste; safe and easy to clean in the dishwasher
Consider this Amazon's Choice product that delivers quickly
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
1071062 features: -silicone pastry brush. -Gaps in center bristles hold liquids for easy transport and spreading. Product type: -pastry brushes. Material: -Silicone. Color: -Black. Dimensions: Overall height - top to bottom: -10". Overall width - side to side: -2". Overall Depth - front to back: -1". Overall Product weight: -0. 05 lbs.
Compare with similar items
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
It does everything right. It bastes. It is tilted so it doesn't leave sauce on the counter. It is easy to clean.
Unfortunately this is my 3rd one I'm ordering, because MY DOG ALSO ENJOYS THIS BASTING BRUSH. He steals it out the dishwasher when I'm not looking and tears off all the bristles.
Anyway, the point is, it's good enough that I'm ordering this exact one over and over again and instating a rule that these only go in the top rack.
The pro: You can toss it in the dishwasher, and it lasts.
Maybe I'm just old, but I prefer bristle brushes -- but I hate cleaning them... So, I keep this one.
It is easy to clean and use, didn't rip any of my filo dough, has an angled neck so it rests easily on the side of the bowl! I would habe preferred if it had held onto more butter. Overall, it's nice, even though I prefer a boar bristle brush!
The brush is angled so that the bristles stay off the counter. It's not aggressively angled, but just enough that the bristles won't touch the surface even when weighed down with BBQ sauce.
OXO says the brush is dishwasher-safe, and I had no problems placing it on the top rack.
I haven't used it on anything warmer than 250 F, but it's silicone, which doesn't melt easily.
1. There are two rows of bristles with a row of flat perforated pieces of silicon between them. I presume the function of that middle row is to hold butter or egg wash in the holes. So, it does not hold liquids the same way that a regular brush does. It works, but I am still deciding if I like the way it works.
2. The angled head on the brush is good in one aspect, but bad in another. Good in that it provides an easy angle, bad in that the angle only works in one direction! Try using the other side and it is a real pain in the wrist!! So, you really only have one working side to this brush..
3. It has survived one washing in the top rack of the dish washer. Time will tell how it does over the long haul.
Overall, I like the concept, just not completely sold yet on the execution. That is the way change works sometimes. Maybe I just need a bit of time to get adjusted to it. So, I will give it a four star for now and then adjust it if I need to over time.
Top reviews from other countries
I've used it to put egg-washes on delicate breads, brush water to seal stuffed-crusts on pizza, and to baste slow-cooked brisket - it's always been up to the task. My only complaint is that, as found in the case of the brisket, it can cling on to larger bits of herbs or spice and can be a little difficult to clean. This would be the case with any brush, though, and the transparent bristles at least allow you to notice and deal with it before you end up with unexpected chilli-flakes on your brioche!