Save Big On Open-Box & Pre-owned: Buy "OXO Good Grips Silicone Oven Mitt with Magnet, Lic...” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 28% off the $14.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Pre-owned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
OXO Good Grips Silicone Oven Mitt with Magnet, Licorice Black
|Price:||$14.95 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 600°F heat-safe; Flame, stain & steam resistant silicone grip
- Soft, fabric liner for added insulation and comfort; Non-slip silicone ribs for improved dexterity and grip
- Convenient storage with embedded Magnet and silicone hanging loop
- Easy to clean with a damp cloth
- Machine washable
- 13" length for extra protection
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Resistant to flame, stain and steam, this silicone oven mitt in black from OXO Good Grips can withstand heat up to 600 degrees F and will keep your hand cool and comfortable thanks to the interior fabric. The thick, multi-layer fabric liner brings additional thermal insulation, yet lets your hand breathe to prevent sweating. The mitt's unique silicone rib design improves flexibility and dexterity, and provides a secure grip even on slippery surfaces. Measuring 13 inches in length, the mitt is long enough to protect the wrist and forearm and fits either your right or left hand. It's also easy to store via the embedded magnet--allowing you to hang the mitt on still surfaces--or via the included hook. To clean, just wipe with a damp sponge, or wash and dry in the laundry machine.
Top Customer Reviews
1. The most critical thing is the poor "flex pattern" which makes picking up items and gripping them very awkward. In the least case, I'd order TWO of these if you feel this is the glove you want.. this is so you can use both hands to grip anything you want to pick up.. this is the only way you'll really get much of a grip and be confident that you can move hot items safely to where you're going.
2. This fits poorly. I have largish hands I guess but many men especially will have even larger hands.. the fingers are more than adequate.. they in fact are too long.. 1.5" longer than my fingers.. but it also is very tight around my knuckles (where the fingers join your hand) and even tighter if you try to "grip" something. Though this makes it slightly uncomfortable, the main reason I mention it is that I worry that this MAY eventually pull the seam out..
3. Of lesser issue, but still to be considered is that the material, though tough and rubbery, CAN BE TORN on any jab by a sharp or pointed surface.. and of course once this is done, the glove is pretty much not going to serve it's purpose anymore.
I've looked at other gloves and most have similar or worse problems. I guess we're still just up in the air until someone comes up with the truly functional item.
edit: minor change 7/24/09
Just imagine the way a crab/lobster claw works. That is about the limit to the dexterity you will have gripping pot handles. A better solution for flexibility is to buy a pair of "Ove Gloves".
I have always liked OXO products. This was my first bad experience with them.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Very heavy and we have never been burned by them. The magnet makes storing them and accessing them from the refrigerator door even more convenient. Read morePublished 5 days ago by Maraww Vaoipp
Works very well, but if you touch the cheek when you are done you will end up with black tiger stripes. Really keeps heat from hand, very recommended.Published 6 days ago by TransylvaniaBlahBlahBlah
They should invest a little more into the magnets and put ones in the gloves strong enough to hold.Published 11 days ago by K. McCabe
I have mixed feelings on this mitt. I love the heat resistance of it, the grips and the magnet on it, but it is a little stiff when trying to get my stoneware (without handles) out... Read morePublished 23 days ago by chickie00
It's a little long for the four fingers. Other than that it feels really comfortable. Does a really good job of dissipating the heat.Published 1 month ago by JasonP
The gloves are very firm, and are very difficult to wrap around pot holders etc. They insulate the heat pretty well, but if you can't grab the pot or pan from the over, what's the... Read morePublished 2 months ago by Ryan K
I love this oven mitt, but for some bizarre reason after a few months of use, the magnet always suddenly loses its strength and can no longer hold this up. Read morePublished 2 months ago by J English