Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: OXO Good Grips Silicone Oven Mitt with Magnet, Licorice Black
Amazon Vehicles Fall Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Back to School STEM

Color: Black|Change

on December 17, 2013
I learned a long time ago that a wet hot mit is a dangerous hot mit. Enter these OXO Grips Silicone mitts. Durable, workable, and relatively liquid proof where it counts. Since purchasing these, I've not steamed the crap out of my hands a single time.
on December 12, 2009
This oven mitt definitely protects my hand from heat but the silicon is very inflexible so it is difficult to grip the hot dishes in the oven. I still use it but it didn't replace my old pot holders like I hoped it would. I LOVE the magnet (the glove is on the front of my oven right now) but if it were a little stronger it would not fall on the floor when I open the oven door.
on November 29, 2015
The magnet isn't strong enough to hold up the mitt by itself, but if you lean the mitt against the oven handle, it stays put just fine. The mitt itself is great. Love the grips, and there's a considerable amount of time before you can feel the heat of the dish.
on June 1, 2014
My wife bought these thinking they would protect her hands and not leave black stuff on our stove handles like the neoprene gloves she had we're doing. These OXO's are thick, unwieldy, make it hard to grip trays and give little feel for what you're doing. They are a big disappointment and we do not recommend them.
on November 30, 2014
Already had a red one; replaced a burned cloth mitt with this and now I can wrangle everything with confident impunity. Reviews have noted they're not infinitely manipulable, and this is true: they're a little more like armor than the thick apron that insulated fabric mitts serve as. But the absolute certainty of being able to reach any bubbling, searing item out of the oven without fear of an impromptu ER visit is irreplaceable.
on October 4, 2015
I normally like oxo products. This one... Not so much. The finger part of the glove is abnormally long... trust me, I have long fingers. Actually trying to grip pans with this thing is ridiculously difficult, I'm not sure if it's because of the fit or the material itself is just hard to bend without 'folding'. I find myself using my old, ratty, holey oven mitt more than this one. The magnet works really well, but that's still not a reason to love this thing. I do however like that it can be used on the left or right hand. Overall I wouldn't buy this product again, nor would I recommend it. They tried, they failed.
on May 10, 2016
I thought I was getting a pair of gloves, but this is a single oven mitt. At 30 bucks for a pair, these gloves are extremely expensive. They are very stiff and difficult to use. Also, I tried to put them on my fridge, but the magnets are too small to hold up the glove -- they simply slide down.
on May 23, 2016
My grandmother needed new oven mits and someone suggested that something like this would be good for her. They are way too big for us to use. Additionally it's actually hard to get a grip on items using these mits. They were not at all what we expected and they are really hard to use.
on December 31, 2011
I bought this mitt 2 years ago and use it daily, and it still looks almost new. In contrast, I also bought the Calphalon silicon oven mitt at the same time, which is softer and more flexible than this one, but is starting to come apart two years later. This mitt is excellent heat protection, and has stood up well to machine washing. As other reviewers have noted, it is not very flexible. But I rarely use it for a one-handed grab from the oven. I nearly always have a mitt on each hand, because I'm typically bringing something heavy out of the oven like a roast chicken or lasagna. I have had no problems grabbing heavy pans with this mitt - it is very grippy on the parts that come into contact with the pans. For lighter weight cookie sheets and such, I usually just use a plain old pot holder and don't bother with the oven mitt. I've been very happy with this mitt after years of getting burned using traditional padded fabric mitts, and have just ordered another Oxo to replace my falling-apart Calphalon mitt.
on August 10, 2014
These things are fantastic. My only disappointment is that they don't come in pairs. I mean honestly. Who buys one oven mitt? It's far too dangerous to pull that casserole out of the oven one handed. You know your body is going to muscle memory in and support that dish with the other hand and it's going to spell bad times for hand skin.

So make sure you buy two. It'll cost you $30 [at time of this writing] but it's worth it. They are solid cloth mitts like you're used to except they are silicone covered at the parts that matter most. This ensures even if they get a little wet, who hasn't had that happen [ouch!] they're still ready to ride because that water won't get through the rubber. Plus that rubber adds some grippies, yup, not a word, but there they are, gripping away.

The magnet was the thing I didn't even think about when buying them because I saw the hook hanger, but i'll tell you, the magnet is the most convenient part. I love to hang these pups with ease right on the side of the fridge. It's awesome.

They come in different colors, so get on it.