Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $4.91 shipping
+ $5.90 shipping
OXO Good Grips Solid Stainless Steel Ice Cream Scoop
|Price:||$14.99 & FREE Shipping on orders over $25. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Solid stainless steel scoop won't chip or discolor
- Pointed tip easily scoops even hard ice cream
- Flat edges reach into corners of ice cream containers
- Comfortable, non-slip grip
- Dishwasher safe
- Recommended by America's Test Kitchen
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the manufacturer
OXO Good Grips Stainless Steel Ice Cream Scoop
Elegant Design, Sturdy Construction
Soft, Comfortable Handle
Unique Head Shape
Pointed tip easily scoops even hard ice cream and flat edges reach into corners of ice cream containers.
Sturdy & Solid
Durable stainless steel construction can handle the hardest ice cream and won't chip, discolor, or fade.
The Scoop is dishwasher safe, so cleanup will never deter you from enjoying a cold treat.
OXO Lifetime Guarantee
At OXO, we are so confident in our product development process that we guarantee everything we make! If for any reason you are not satisfied with an OXO product, return it for replacement or refund. Please contact OXO´s customer service department and we will be happy to assist you.
Compare to similar items
This item OXO Good Grips Solid Stainless Steel Ice Cream Scoop
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||yuca USA||Spring Chef||Amazon.com||FirecornerOnline||Amazon.com|
|Material Type||Stainless-Steel||Stainless Steel||Zinc Alloy||aluminum||Zinc Alloy||Stainless Steel|
Dig in with the OXO Good Grips Stainless Steel Ice Cream Scoop. This solid stainless steel Scoop won't chip or discolor, even after repeated dishwasher cycles. A pointed tip scoops hard ice cream, frozen yogurt or sorbet, and flat edges reach into corners of any shaped ice cream container. A non-slip grip cushions during scooping. Dishwasher safe.
Top Customer Reviews
- Wood handle, metal head: bent to the point of being unusable (see pic for side by side comparison)
- Plastic handle, metal scoop with the push button release scraper thingy: that function always breaks
- Plastic handle with metal scoop: scoop eventually breaks away from the handle. Always.
- Anti-freezer core: You can't wash it in hot water! Who really wants an ice cream scoop that you can't throw in the dishwasher!?!
I had finally had it with the cheap generic store brands and decided to search for and buy a real, solid, well made scoop that would work well and last longer than a few weeks. I have had great experiences with other OXO products (see my reviews) so I decided to give this scoop a try. (and no, I didn't get this for free or at a discount for saying so)
Here's what I love about this scoop:
- REAL STAINLESS STEEL! We have thrown this in the wash over and over and over and over and I can confirm that it doesn't discolor or fade or rust or anything like that! The handle is also great and provide a fantastic grip to get the job done.
- STURDY AS HELL! The first time I picked this scoop up I felt like I was lifting the hammer of Thor, and that's exactly what I wanted!! This thing weighs like, a pound, so you KNOW it's going to stand up to even the hardest scooping and most frozen of frozen treats. And indeed it does! If this scoop ever bends or breaks I will eat my hat. And then I will call OXO customer service and I'm sure they will replace it. But seriously, I think this ice cream scoop could survive the apocalypse.
- The design of the scoop is nothing short of brilliant. It's so simple and yet so effective! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the pointed tip and flat sides! It's so easy to maneuver into all corners of the carton and to break the surface to get that first good scoop even when frozen solid. Also, the shape and weight would make it perfect to use to kill zombies with if said apocalypse happens. Just sayin'.
If you're looking for an ice cream scoop and you're reading this review, do yourself a favor and just buy this one. You will be completely satisfied and can pat yourself on the back for being such a good shopper. TRUST!!
I did NOT receive this item free or at a discount
I do wish the scoop portion was a little larger when I'm scooping, but I love that it's not bigger, when I store it in the drawer.
I recommend this - it is stainless, strong and the tapered thin edges cut through the ice cream. You could also heat it up to help melt through it. I use our insta-hot or just place in a cup of hot water for a few seconds - then it glides through ice cream.
I've owned this over a year and it still looks brand new. Great product, OXO!
I pride myself on posting only meaningful and unbiased reviews. I, too, rely on reviews for my personal buying decisions and believe that legitimate reviews are invaluable to buyers. If you found this review helpful, please click “YES” below. If my opinion changes at any time, I will update this review.
Recently, I got frozen custard to serve to about 12 people and bought it a few days early. There is something about that stuff where I swear it turns into concrete in the freezer! I could NOT use any of my scoops and ended up shaving it out using a tablespoon. What a cold mess my hands were! I decided right there that there HAS to be a scoop that works and I wasn't putting up with crap one more day! I think I found it!!!
This isn't fancy with levers or pushers to get the ice cream out of the scoop. But what it does is cut through the HARDEST ice cream where it curls right into the scoop...just like they do at parlors! It isn't a quenelle like they give in fancy restaurants, but it does produce an attractive uniform scoop. (And I think, with practice, you might be able to get a quenelle shape from this!) I don't really fuss with things like quenelles on a regular basis, but don't want a big blob either. This is wonderful.
I like that it has a rubber handle so it isn't hard on your hands (although maybe a little more texture might have been nice.) I hand wash mine because I like it so much that I don't want to risk it in the dishwasher. Also, the rubbery handle has a slight seam where the metal fits in it, and I don't really want that part water laden which might happen in a dishwasher (I don't soak it either.) I mean, it takes about 15 seconds to wash it off, so just like other good tools (like knives) I just wash it as soon as I am done using it. Plus that way, it is ready for me if I want more ice cream before the dishwasher is run! ha ha!!
I really do love it so much more than any scoops I have had. I will update my review if the handle or finish doesn't hold up.