OXO Good Grips Stainless Steel Food Scale with Pull-Out Display
|Price:||$49.95 & FREE Shipping. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 11-lb capacity Scale measures in 1/8-oz (US) and 1-g (metric) increments for greater accuracy
- Zero function allows for zeroing Scale before adding additional ingredients and display pulls away from base to prevent shadowing from large plates or bowls
- Easy-to-read, large display numbers with optional backlight makes display easier to read and a convenient indicator displays how much capacity is left on the Scale
- Platform can be removed and washed by hand only and thin profile allows for easy storage
- 4 AAA batteries included
- Highly recommended by Cook's Illustrated
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Compare to Similar Items
This item: OXO Good Grips Stainless Steel Food Scale with Pull-Out Display
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Moderna Housewares LLC||KSCOSupply||Etekcity|
|Dimensions||2.12 inches x 11.25 inches x 8.6 inches||6 inches x 8.25 inches x 1.75 inches||1.75 inches x 7.25 inches x 9.25 inches||5.51 inches x 7.09 inches x 0.71 inches|
|Item Package Weight||2.5 pounds||1.05 pounds||1.35 pounds||0.7 pounds|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
Top Customer Reviews
1. Back light can be turned on if you need it. That way you do not run down the battery if the light is not needed. Good feature if there is a glare or you need to see the display from a distance.
2. Obviously, the pull out display. I wasn't sure if this was a needed feature, but once I put a dinner plate on the scale it was well worth it. Display pulls out from scale easy and fits back on scale nice and snug.
3. Zeroing option or tare feature.
4. You can switch between weights with the touch of a button. No turning on and off to reset.
5. Scale will go into a sleep mode after 3 minutes, but retains all measurements. Simply push a button to wake it up and keep working. Auto shut off after 45 minutes.
6. Easy to clean. Scale plate comes off.
7. Can store almost anywhere with the slim build.
The only thing people might find a problem with is cost. It does cost a little more than some other scales, but I would recommend it for the features I listed above that the other scales do not have or do not perform as well. You can always justify not needing a certain feature or paying a little more. But it sure is nice having a scale that works great and does everything you need.
change the reading options. IE
for 2 1/2 ounces would like to see 2.5 diplayed
This gets harder to calculate intake etc when it
shows readings such as 5/8 etc etc
- The enclosed batteries were no good (why bother enclosing them if battery life is not guaranteed? It's more frustrating to have dead batteries than not having batteries at all)
- The scale is not as accurate as expected, and the weight measurement actually changes on the same items from one measure to the next. I have a set of old brass weights that I put on the scale to test the scale's accuracy. The first time I put a 100g weight on it, it measured it accurately as 100g. Then two minutes later I put the same weight back on the scale and it showed only 99g. It did the same with all the weights I have from 20g to 250g, showing the accurate weight the first time, then 1g less the second time. I can't figure out what that's about.
- I erroneously assumed that the scale can be stored on its side, rather than laying flat. Wrong. It must be stored laying flat, which was disappointing. It's true that in the product description there was no indication one way or another about storage restrictions, so my fault for hoping that it can be stored upright, but it would have been nice to know for a fact about storage restrictions.
I'm not dissatisfied with this scale, but I will look around for other options when I need to replace it.
I've found this little machine to be quite intuitive, you can set it up with the included batteries and get right to work without so much as a glance at the instructions.
11/23/2009 update: My previous comments were from around 1/19/2009, when I first bought this. That power save mode doesn't actually work all the time. Sometimes it will go blank with a weight on it but after being woken up will reset to 0 instead of the original weight.
4/17/2010 update: That power save mode can be annoying. Today I filled a container partially then left it for a couple minutes to get something else. When I came back to resume filling the container, the display was still turned on. As I continued filling, I watched the display tick up as it normally would, and then all of a sudden it went blank. When I turned it back on, it was back to 0. This makes no sense since the device should have been able to detect that I was actively using it.
On the bright side, the readings on this thing are still consistent after a year. I can see they're the same every time I put the same container on, and after filling the container if I remove the container and put it back the reading will go right back to 0 and then back to the previous weight. The Soehnle scale I used to have would become skewed by a few grams when items were removed from it and put back.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I was happy to finally a scale that measures in so many different ranges and conversionPublished 8 days ago by Ulrica
Lightweight and awesome scale. I'm not sure how I survived without a kitchen scale for as long as I did.Published 11 days ago by do-re-mi
I have never had a digital scale to use before, but Cooks Illustrated rated this as the best, so I got it and really, really love it. Read morePublished 11 days ago by rainbeacon
I love this scale. However, I've owned two of them, each only lasting about a year before they stopped working. I won't buy another because of their poor quality. Read morePublished 12 days ago by Deborah Douglass
I love this scale!! I'm an avid baker and I use it to measure dry ingredients, mostly for yeast breads. I love the pull-out feature -- ingenious! Read morePublished 13 days ago by MARCIA M HUNTER
I simply love this food scale. I am currently on a weight reduction plan that uses macronutrients versus calories for the plan. Read morePublished 14 days ago by Christy Snodgrass
I liked this scale a lot while it worked, but after only two years, the LED screen became completely unreadable. I expected a scale at this price point to be much more durable.Published 14 days ago by D. Hundley
I bought this balance on the recommendation of the Cooks' Illustrated/Americas Test kitchen crew, so I was prepared to love it, and I do. So simple to use, store, and clean.Published 15 days ago by Amazon Customer