Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
OXO Good Grips Multi-Purpose Kitchen & Herbs Scissors/Shears
|Price:||$17.95 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Hardened Stainless steel blades easily cut through cardboard, twine, meat, vegetables and more
- Cushioning pads on grip absorb pressure while cutting
- Herb stripper effectively removes fresh herbs from tough stems
- Blades separate for thorough and easy cleaning
- Micro-serrated blade grips items securely and prevents slipping
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
1) Longer blades than the Wusthof - means more cut per snip. Part of the length issue is the lack of a bone notch. You give up the notch (which I didn't use often anyway) - and gain a good 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch of usable blade length that I use all the time.
2) Tough nylon handles with generously sized rubberized grips fit my big mitts perfectly. These are the most comfortable kitchen scissors I've used. The action is smooth as silk and the big beefy blades feel massive and cut with great authority.
3) Excellent edge grind adds a small measure of serration for wicked cutting power. I'm aware that down the road, when I sharpen these (I'm a serious sharpening buff) I'll grind out these little ridges - but this microserration means that these will stay sharp for years. Unlike the rough toothy serrations on a Ginsu knife, these are only located on the bevel - and are razor sharp at the point where the inner grind meets the bevel. The quality of the steel is quite good too.
4) Blades separate for cleaning (should be universal for kitchen scissors, but my Zyliss ones lack this feature).
My only criticism of this scissors is the two herb stripping notches in the inner handle are both too big for either thyme or rosemary - the only herbs I strip. The smaller one should have been twice as small as it is. Basically that's a quibble.
On the issue of the bone notch, Oxo sells a dedicated poultry shears with a pruner type handle and a bone notch.Read more ›
It won't bring about world peace, but they're good kitchen shears.
+ Cuts well. Sharp.
+ Good heft/balance
+ Handles come apart for easy cleaning
+ Come together after that cleaning, and stay together until taken apart again.
+ Have not used long-term, so I can't tell how long they will remain sharp.
+ Serrations add to the cutting power, but may make it difficult to take to a knife sharpener.
+ Definitely can't be sharpened using normal "home" tools.
The handle is large enough to fit a large hand, and the blade is sharp enough to cut easily through every food item I've used these on so far. The built-in herb stripper is also a nice feature.
I'll update my review after I see how they hold up, but they really do seem like a quality product that is built to last.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
These are wonderful. Good grip, good cut, and easy to clean. Really good for small hands.Published 4 days ago by Nicole Aurora
I had no idea what I had been missing all those years not having good kitchen shears. I love that they easily come apart for cleaning and that they are so sharp.Published 7 days ago by Nancy Brown
Using for cutting spices and cutting lettuce, kale. Very easy to clean. Excellent purchase.Published 9 days ago by Sandra dee
These are just what I was looking for to use in the kitchen. I like that they separate so you can wash them easily. Read morePublished 9 days ago by Jennifer
Love these shears Just cant keep from loosing them!! probably my 3rd pair all lostPublished 12 days ago by pelicangirl
Best heavy-duty scissors I've ever owned. They might not cut pennies in half, but they shear easily through clamshell packaging and have a comfortable, ambidextrous grip.Published 1 month ago by Kim Dela Cruz
Great replacements my old kitchen shears. I have never been disappointed with an OXO product.Published 1 month ago by janieknits46