OXO Good Grips Multi-purpose Stainless Steel Scraper & Chopper
|Price:||$9.35 & FREE Shipping on orders over $25. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Perfect for cutting dough, sectioning pie crusts, and more
- Stainless steel blade features 1” markings for precise measuring
- Soft, comfortable, non-slip grip
- Dishwasher safe
This item is available because of the Add-on program
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
A great kitchen tool offering a wide variety of uses, the pastry scraper is mainly designed to scrape and split bread dough as you work with it on a board. It can also be used for scraping, crushing, chopping, and even measuring. Inch increments are listed on the blade for dividing cookie and pastry dough. Durably made with a stainless-steel blade and a wide, comfortable nonslip rubber handle, the tool is comfortable to hold and work with. Cleanup is easy since the scraper is dishwasher safe.
Top Customer Reviews
If Oxo made cars, I'd buy one :-)
FYI nobody gave me nuthin' for this review ( and my policy is to not buy stuff with a bunch of freebie reviews. Amazon has to stop this.).
So, after watching a few cooking shows and seeing chefs use this tool, we decided to give it a try and we couldn't be happier with that decision.
- It's large enough for my hands yet not too large for my wife's. I have rather large hands so it's perfect for me. The wife has smaller hands so while it does exceed the size of her palm, it's not excessively bulky.
- It's sharp but not so sharp that it would lay you open (like our kitchen knives.) The blade is plenty thick to sharpen more if desired but because of how this is designed, we haven't seen the need (yet.)
- It has an easy to grip rubber handle. Even when it gets a little wet it doesn't slip.
- It chops in an upright position so you can apply more pressure more easily. With our kitchen knives, a lot of chipping results in sore wrists. With this product, you can chop for hours and not have to worry about wrist pain.
- It has a built in ruler. I'm not sure when we'll ever use this feature, but it's still cool to have.
- The blade is nice and thick. You certainly don't have to worry about this blade ever bending or breaking.
- It holds up well in the dishwasher. Granted, we don't place it on the bottom rack or use heated dry but normal washes don't affect it's integrity.
- It doubles as a scraper. If you're like me, you hate having to pick up small pieces of chopped food after you're done slicing and you hate having to grab raw meat off of the chopping board when you're done preparing. This chopper allows you to easily scrape the food off when you're done.
- (I honestly can't think of any at this moment)
Anytime we want to chop vegetables, fruits, or meats, we use this tool. We both highly recommend this product as personal use or as a gift.
What I found with the technique in the book I mentioned was that I need to not 'disturb' the dough, but rather I needed to cut it cleanly. And none of my regular knives were working out at all.
This OXO chopper works great. It's very sharp and cuts through the dough cleanly.
I would give it Five-Stars except for one thing and that is the black handle. It's well designed as far as shape, but it's made from that junky black plastic that Oxo started using sometime back, and I've found that after a number of dishwashings that the black stuff begins to deteriorate so that it leaves gooky-greasy smudges on other items.
Consequently, since I want it to last, I hand wash.
Definitely recommend. Excellent price (currently under 10) and works well.
Anyway, I use it all the time and the grip still feels comfortable in my hand after eight years of use and cleanings.
I use mine mainly for measuring and cutting out bar cookies and for cutting pastry dough and for trimming roll-out cookie dough (so I can make straight edges rather than always have to bother with cookie cutters).
And it's super easy to clean. Just soap and water and a gentle scrubby-sponge. Yes, the stainless steel has gotten a bit discolored over time, and it has accumulated a few minor scratches — same as most of my other stainless steel kitchen gadgets — but that is to be expected.
All in all, this is a good product I would buy again if mine ever went missing..