Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 33 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 45 reviews
on February 18, 2012
This Review is for the Fives squared "Ducati" glasses with polarized lenses.

I must say I love these glasses and feel that they rank among the best frames I've used, even better than some of the other metal framed Oakley's too. Now before you get your pitchforks and torches! Please hear me out as to WHY I like them, THEN feel free to burn me.

Firstly, they're comfortable... I have a big head (not my fault, I blame genetics!) and the shape and construction of the frame accommodates my face so well that at times I forget that I'm wearing them. They don't fit loosely, they fit snug, and this is because the frames expands slightly while gently applying tension to sides of my head effectively hugging it, plus they're very, very light. Considering that I enjoy mountain biking in winding singletrack trails often and the fact that these frames hold on and feel comfortable is pretty slick. They've yet to fly off my face. I think if your head is medium to large then these frames will suit you just fine. Realistically though, your results may vary.

Secondly, they look great. The Ducati model in particular features a Ducati red "O" on the side along with a nice matte black paint coating the frame. Another added touch is the mirrored smoked "plutonite" lenses along with a "ducati" laser etching on the lower part of the left lens. With the exception mirror coating the added touches are strictly aesthetic...but still pretty sick.

Thirdly but most importantly, the lens quality... Oakley in my opinion has always delivered the best in the lens quality department consistently. Once you've worn Oakley's (in case you haven't) other glasses tend to seem muddy in lens comparison whether it may of be $10 "gas station" quality, or in my experience, the $200 designer (I'm looking at you Bolle!). I simply love these lenses, and if you can, go for the polarized. The equiped lenses are on the darker tint so I find them very effective on sunny bright days, and the clarity and contrast is amazing! Aw Heck, it may just be the Oakley Kool-Aid talking, but I do feel you do get what you pay for as far as the lens quality goes.

Lastly I can vouch for the durability. For example, just the other day I carelessly left the frames close to the edge on my night stand, which in turn led to them falling on the floor, which in turn led to me inadvertently stepping on them. I didn't apply my whole weight, but just enough to hear an audible "pop". After much expletives I was relieved to find out that only the leg popped out and that was easily reattached (I wished that would've been the case with my Spy's when I stepped on them too...). So yeah they're tough, but I certainly don't think these glasses are indestructible and I feel I got off easy that time so caution is encouraged, they're glasses after all.

In short despite the price I'm very happy with my purchase, and while looks may be subjective these do look hella dope.
on August 27, 2012
The sunglasses are very lightweight and comfortable. I ordered them online and was concerned that they would look effeminate on me after reading one of the reviews from a woman who brought a pair for her boyfriend. She said they are "women's sunglasses; not men's." I found out to the contrary that I look masculine with them on when I looked in the mirror. They fit snug, but it's okay. I would recommend them to anyone.
on August 1, 2012
I've had these sunglasses now for about a year and they have been one of the best pairs of Oakleys I have owned. I really do like the polarized lenses, this is my first pair with polarization They also fit my face very well and they're very comfortable, I can wear them all day without any fatigue. I've owned approximately 10 different pairs of Oakley's over the years and their quality is always been high and always comfortable to wear, these, are no exception. Did I really need the limited Ducati sunglasses probably not but the red O is cool
on February 21, 2014
these are some great sunglasses. Mr. watch is a very reputable company and spoke with them on numerous occasions regarding various products. Quality with the glasses are fantastic and while still using mine currently that I have had for over year I will probably purchase another.
on December 3, 2011
I am really satisfied with my new sunglasses. They are REALLY light, you can easily forget you are wearing them, they are dark enough for a really bright day and at the same time they are not too dark to interfere with your vision on a cloudy weather. They are fashionable and versatile, you can wear them as an informal, casual or formal accessory. Great design, great optics and great comfort! ...and Oakley's "one size" concept works pretty well.
on November 18, 2016
Arrived on time, worked as advertised. I would suggest this to someone else to purchase. Good product!
on January 31, 2015
Had these for 2 years now. Fit perect. Very comfortable. I've gotten several compliments. After I scratched one lens, it sucks that I can't buy replacment Ducati lenses.
on October 28, 2013
The Oakley Men's Fives Squared Polarized Sunglasses are the best fitting shape of sunglasses I have ever owned. Lightweight, good sun reflection, and I hardly notice I'm wearing them. I liked them so much, I bought three pairs!
on January 8, 2013
These sunglasses are excellent, especially for someone with a more narrow face. They are very comfortable and quality is good. Very happy with the price paid as well.
on May 30, 2012
My husband tried these on in a high dollar glasses store and loved them so we were very happy to find them on amazon for much cheaper :) he loves them and gets many compliments on them, we are buying another pair !

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.