Industrial Deals Beauty Textbooks Shop women's shoes nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. New Moto G6 64 GB | $299.99. Save with Prime Exclusive Phones. Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry modern furniture and decor Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

Oakley Men's OO9014 Gascan Sunglasses
Color: King's Woodland Camo / Black Iridium Lens|Change

on March 24, 2015
I had a pair of Oakley Gascans (same exact model/color/lenses but "Made in the USA") for 5+ years which I loved but unfortunately lost on the beach last weekend, these new made in China Oakleys feel noticeable different. They have a visible uneven seam along the bottom which you can feel with your finger and it makes contact with my hose. The glasses also feel tighter against my head than my old ones. The lenses themselves don't seem as clear as my old oakley polarized iridium lenses. I had to go online and make sure these weren't fakes, but I guess Oakley has just gone down in Quality.
review image
127 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on January 23, 2018
So I have had these glasses for years. One day in my infinite wisdom I took them off and set them on the hood of my car. Later that evening I realized I no longer had them. The next day I returned to the location on the interstate where I had last seen them. Well, out of everything my glasses had been through they could not withstand the crushing weight of a 18 wheeler. I was devastated. Not only was my heart and soul crushed my eyes were in agony as the sun's rays burned my retinas. While on the hunt for new glasses I found Amazon sold my model!! I couldn't hit order fast enough. I recieved my glasses, put them on, and felt as if my life was once again complete!
6 people found this helpful
on August 1, 2017
Final score: 4.5/5 stars

Very nice sunglasses for the price; excellent value. Plastic body/frame does feel a little cheap but it's very strong. Taking 1/2 star away for lack of 'grip' on the face. Any face movement can slide the glasses off the face a bit. Longer arms would help with possibly some rubberized sleeves. I've been wearing the Det Cord model and the Gas Can model is definitely a bit smaller (by only a few mm's) but the height it nicer than the Det Cord -- which can seem large at times; however, if you want to seal out light completely then the Det Cord is probably better. I do prefer the look of the Gas Can model though.

I purchased the Ruby Iridium lenses and they are ideal for bright skies. My Det Cord's use the Prizm lenses but I can confirm they do scratch easy. After only a couple of months I ended up with scratch dead center in one lens. And I was constantly babying these glasses...
3 people found this helpful
on June 14, 2017
I'm extremely pleased with these glasses. My whole life I have only owned $20-$40 sunglasses and wondered why people pay more. I now have my answer, and I'm never going back to anything but Oakley. Some features I'm enjoying that no other glasses have done for me:
-> These fully shroud the light from the sun. Usually glasses leave gaps at the top and sides that allows sun in, negating the purpose of wearing them. These shut out the sun very well.
-> These are for a larger head. Many other glasses are for tiny heads and cut off circulation during prolonged wear. These fit a larger head very well.
-> I have very long eyelashes, and I hate how all of the other glasses I've owned allow my eyelashes to brush the lenses when I blink which is very annoying. These don't allow my eyelashes to touch the lenses even when pushed all the way to my face.
-> Lens clarity is exceptional, there is really a noticeable difference.
-> They just look freakin' cool.
9 people found this helpful
on October 25, 2017
Ive purchased my fair share of sunglasses and I have to say these are one of the pairs that have stayed with me over the years. theres something about buying glasses that are not from a gas station that make you want to keep an eye on them and not loose them.

The fit is great with these glasses, I know they look kinda bulky but i assure you they are exactly opposite, they rested very well on my head and the ends never bothered my ears after staying on my head for long periods of time.

and unlike the gas station sunglasses THERE ARE ACTUALLY POLARIZED!!!!

Amazing quality!!
2 people found this helpful
on March 15, 2016
This is my second pair. When I lost the first ones, I had to get another. They have made some improvements in the new version. They have a new spring hinge. I also noticed the frame around the lens is a little different. The back upper side behind the lens has a little lip on them. This could be so the lens do not pop out easily, or it could be helpful when changing out the lens. You can find replacement lens online. I like to have different color when I play golf. Easy to change out. Last thing, I really like the temple piece being wide so it blocks out the sun from your peripheral vision.
3 people found this helpful
on July 12, 2018
Got these today (Ships from and sold by Amazon.com) and was disappointed with the lenses.

Description from Amazon page states:
In Stock.
Ships from and sold by Amazon.com.
Color: Polished Black / Grey Lens
Lens Color: Polarized Grey

The box does NOT say LENS: Polarized Grey. It says LENS: GREY

Frames are great, but lenses are not what was stated as to what I was buying. The -2 stars is Amazon's fault not Oakley's or the product they made. It is a great product if it was listed properly.
review imagereview image
on September 14, 2015
Awesome. Love them! !!
review image
51 people found this helpful
on August 8, 2018
I really like the sun glasses. They feel great and look great. The only reason I give them 4 stars is they fall off my head (and I have a big head) if I bend over, and the inside of the arms go white after wearing them for a while. The look and the lenses are great though. Clears up the glare from the road and the water really well. These are great sun glasses for boating since they block the wind well and get rid of the glare on the water.
on August 2, 2017
Other than being a little large for my head, I love these glasses. I am light sensitive so sunglasses are a big part of my life. These aren't "fashion glasses" they are practical and that's what I was looking for.
2 people found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.