Your Garage Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning animestrike animestrike animestrike  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 56 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 62 reviews
on October 25, 2011
I have never spent over $100 on a pair of sunglasses before until now. I have always bought either Oakley's on clearance that weren't polarized, or really cheap sunglasses that were polarized but made of horrible quality.

These glasses were my first dive into expensive eye wear, and I am not regretting the buy at all. I haven't had a single migraine since wearing them, I am pretty sure that the radiating light bouncing up from the roadways and other vehicles were penetrating my old sunglasses and causing headaches.

Also, go fishing with these things on. You will see further into the water than ever before. It's unreal!!!

Great quality, great glasses, and they look good. These are an excellent buy.
on July 11, 2010
I replaced my broken Oakley M-Frames with this pair. So far, I am quite pleased with the fit and the lenses. I liked the M-Frames for their wide lens and good peripheral vision coverage. Oakley Flak Jacket glasses also provide full peripheral vision coverage, but are not quite as good as the M-Frames for wind protection. I do find that the Flak Jacket frame fits a bit better and otherwise feels more secure.

This is also my first pair of polarized lenses. I stayed away as I hated the artifacts (depth illusions and shimmering) in other polarized lenses. Oakley lenses have the least such artifacts, and I really have to attentively look to notice them. For example, they put the Native polarized lenses to shame.
on October 24, 2011
The premium price of the The Oakley Flak Jacket Polarized version may turn away some but they are a great set of active wear sunglasses. You do pay a lot more for the Polarized version. However, they are light, sturdy and the strategic rubber nose and over the ear components grip well. The polarized lenses are impressive and perform great in sunlight, against glare and on water.

I'm awaiting a replacement since the ones that arrived had a manufacturing flaw on the left lens where the coating seems to have shifted a bit during production and there was something in the center of the lens. I can't wait to get the replacements, they are a great set of glasses.

Having worn the Half Jacket XLJ Polarized model for running which are a bit smaller and has curved arms that wrap around the head a bit more I was worried about the Flak Jackets. They are just a tad wider and they bounced on the nose bridge at first however it's true they grip better as one starts to perspire.

Also the hydrophobic coating on the Flak Jacket is a great feature. Sweat, rain, moisture and most things just fall right off without any streaks or marks. The Flak Jacket comes with the kit to keep the coating fresh. The kit can be used on any set of glasses and it also makes them hydrophobic.
on November 6, 2012
I was looking for replacements for my old Half Jackets. I liked the Flak Jakets, but not the price at Sunglass Hut ($210). I was skeptical that they were actually polarized and included a case, but I stand corrected. This is a great pair of glasses and an even better price!
on December 14, 2012
these glasses are light weight but extremely effective. Blocks all the sun perfectly. I will definitely purchase these again when and if I need to.
on June 2, 2012
I finally broke down and bought a nice pair of sunglasses, after living with cheap sunglasses for too long I decided it was time for an upgrade. I was looking for a sharp looking pair that would stick on my head through physical activities and let me tell you, the Oakley Flak Jackets are just that. While a pair with polarized lenses can cost you a pretty penny, it is well worth the cost when you can actually see properly in bright sunlight. I use these glasses at work, while biking, playing softball, outdoor hockey(The reduction of glare from the sun on the ice makes an incredible difference.) These glasses have -never- slipped off of my head during any of these activities, never ever. I've owned them for just over a year now and there is not a scratch on them. So if you are in the market for a new pair of sunglasses and looking to take it to the next level, I would highly recommend a pair of Oakley Flak Jackets.
on August 24, 2011
These are the best sunglasses I have ever owned. They're much less bulky than the Oakley X-Rays I used to have, easier to fit in pockets when I have to dress up. Despite the smaller size they still protect the eyes, I see no appreciable glare below the lenses. I sprung for the polarized lenses and I highly recommend that feature as well. The glasses stay on without sacrificing comfort, they're comfortable and sweat free during sports, and they seem just as durable and sturdy as the other Oakley glasses I've had in the past. I recommend them highly, first rate product.
on May 21, 2015
The glasses were not as snug around my nose as I wanted when I first tried them on, but when I switched out the nose pads for the larger ones, it fit much better. The glasses are dark enough to keep you eyes from becoming fatigued by bright sunlight and reflective surfaces but still preserves color, depth perception, and sharpness. I mainly use these for running and I know these will protect my eyes and the skin around them from harmful UV rays that can cause skin cancer. These are polarized as well and are a joy to have while driving in bright conditions; Nothing will painfully glare into your eyes because the glasses tame all reflective and bright surfaces. The only reason I gave this 4 stars instead of 5 is because the carrying case has no foam padding on the inside, especially foam padding with two slots for extra lenses.
on June 14, 2013
These glasses are short in that they leave uncovered a lot of field of vision at the bottom. Perhaps the XLJ lenses would be better but I don't know - I bought and tried on only these based on the high reviews online but just trying them on my apartment shows that these are inappropriate for bright conditions because of the limited coverage: a lot of light will come in through the bottom. The glasses are attractive and appear durable, so it's a shame. I am going to try the Oakley Racing Jackets instead.
on October 17, 2013
They shouldn't advertise these as men's sunglasses they are way too small. I had my daughter try them on and they were way too small for her as well. I would return them but the box was inadvertantly thrown away.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.