Oakley Plaintiff Men's Lifestyle Casual Sunglasses/Eyewear - Color: Matte Black/Warm Grey, Size: One Size Fits All
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- metal frame
- plutonite lens
- Frame Color: Matte Black
- Lens Color: Warm Grey
- Size: One Size Fits All
- Oakley Plaintiff Lifestyle Casual Sunglasses/Eyewear for Men
- Non-Polarized Model. Polarized Lenses or Eyewear sold separately. Polarized Lenses is an optional purchase. Please check for Availability
Customers also considered
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Oakley PLAINTIFF takes the time-honored aviator look to new heights with dimensional stem detailing and the mechanics of titanium MONO SHOCK hinges. The engineering was inspired by the leaf springs of performance racing machines and it allows the stems to hyper flex when necessary. That means this aviator can handle life's turbulence, so it's more than just a new take on a classic look.
Aviators from the old days had flat lenses, so performance fell flat and style was two-dimensional. Oakley PLAINTIFF has 8.75 base curvature, which means the lenses are contoured for a better look and better seeing. HIGH DEFINITION OPTICS (HDO) makes it possible with innovations like XYZ OPTICS that extend visual clarity all the way to the periphery. Lightweight C-5 alloy takes comfort and durability sky high with unique frame architecture.
- Optimized peripheral view and side coverage of 8.75 Base lens geometry
- Optical precision and performance that meets all ANSI Z80.3 standards
- UV protection of PLUTONITE lens material that filters out 100% of UVA/UVB/UVC & harmful blue light up to 400nm
- Glare reduction and tuned light transmission of IRIDIUM lens coatings (optional)
- Available with Oakley prescription lenses (+2.00 through -3.00 combined power)
- Ultra-lightweight hi-modulus C-5 metal frame material
- Comfort and performance of Three-Point Fit that holds lenses in precise optical alignment
- Custom engineered titanium MONO SHOCK hinge
- Package Dimensions: 6.4 x 3.1 x 2.1 inches
- Shipping Weight: 3.2 ounces
- ASIN: B004NA69G2
- Date first available at Amazon.com: February 11, 2011
- Average Customer Review:
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
First, the stems are soft and pliant. You'll barely feel them and because they "grip" rather than needing to hook over your ears, they're comfortable without shifting. There's also an ingenious little spring that works very well and is stronger than it looks. Once on, they're very nice. The curve Oakley has put on the lenses gives much more protection for the peripheral vision. Trying these on back to back with a pair of normal, flat aviators will surprise you. There is some "edge bleed" around the nose, but no more than on a regular pair, tho significantly more than more Oakleys.
The materials are all top notch, the Oakley logos are subtle, and the look is (again) classic. If you want to look like you're in the X Games, these aren't for you. If you want a great pair of sunglasses, they are.