Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 47 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 52 reviews
on July 26, 2011
Nice sunglasses but beware some are NOT POLARIZED as listed.
When I purchased these Amazon had nine different pairs listed as Oakley Men's Pit Bull Polarized Sunglasses, Oakley's website only list six pairs polarized. maybe oakley does not have some in stock? Anyway, the ones I bought were not polarized. Hopefully Amazon will have corrected this by the time you read this.

I bought the Crystal Black Frame/Black Iridium Lens from the list and the item description says polarized but they are not. Oakley actually prints POLARIZED on bottom of the left lens, right if you are looking at them. If you go to the Oakley official site you will notice some colorways are not offered polarized. (I should have before I purchased).
Here's the list when I checked it out...

Not Polarized
SKU#OO9127-01 Brown Tortoise w/Dark Bronze
SKU#OO9127-02 Crystal Black w/Black Iridium - (the ones I purchased)
SKU#OO9127-03 Gunmetal FMJ w/Fire Iridium
SKU#OO9127-04 Matte Black w/Warm Grey

Polarized
SKU#OO9127-05 Metallic Black w/OO Black Iridium Polarized
SKU#OO9127-06 Polished Black w/Black Iridium Polarized
SKU#OO9127-07 Matte White w/OO Red Iridium Polarized
SKU#OO9127-08 Polished Rootbeer w/Tungsten Iridium Polarized

Not sure about these two as they were listed at one time.
SKU#OO9127-09 Polished Black w/Deep Blue Polarized
SKU#OO9127-10 Polished Black w/Shallow Blue Polarized

Again, don't know how accurate that list is but the ones I purchased listed as polarized were not.

I like mine and may keep them anyway and use my Fuel Cell polarized pair for when I'm on the water. These are one of Oakleys newest release (April 2011.
Please be aware the item description says - Face Size: large. These are slightly larger than my Fuel Cell's. It seems the trend with Oakley lately is to go bigger lens and frames.

If you like the style and need a pair of sunglasses that will stay on your head (Nose /Temple Pads) while active then these just may be the right ones for you. They are large as stated before but fit my head nicely, light weight and comfortable. Good eye protection as you know Oakley lenses will not shatter. The Polarized may be your best choice but they do have a few drawbacks such as not being able to read LCD displays, GPS, Radio display, Cell Phone, etc. Some people complain the polarized have a rainbow effect when looking through clear or tinted windows or shield. Also some motorcyclist prefer the non-polarized because they can see oil slicks on the road better as the polarized diminish the glare of the oil slick.

Also be sure of what color of lens you choose because it makes a big difference. Here's an article you may like to read about it. - Choosing the Best Sunglass Lens Color
[..]

Overall I'm still not sure Oakleys are worth the price difference of a nice $20 or $30 pair of polarized sunglasses. Perhaps better eye protection and clearer lenses?
You can see a video on youtube titled
Why are Oakley Sunglasses so Great? - Part 1: Stress and Part 2: Clarity
check it out for yourself. [..]
on November 29, 2013
The glasses I bought are no longer available in the pull-down menus here. The glasses I purchased are Oakley Pit Bull Polished Black Iridium Polarized. It appears the polarized ones are not offered here on this particular link anymore.

Coming from a pair of Polarized Oakley Straight Jackets, I was hoping for similar quality with a slightly different style. What I got was less than that. The arms have some semi sloppy hinges that are annoying. It doesn't affect anything while wearing them, but I noticed it immediately after unboxing these. The next issue is about scratching the lenses. I've had the Straight Jackets for over 2 years and have only one teeny little scratch that you have to know about to see. These Pit Bulls have several visible scratches after only a couple months. There are 3 possibilities for this, and it could be any of them. 1) I just got really unlucky about getting scratches so quickly. 2) The lenses are of lesser quality and simply scratch easier. 3) The larger size of the lenses may expose more of the curve past the frames, making it more vulnerable to contact.

The scratching issue is a neutral topic that would be unfair of me to subtract stars about, given that I have no proof the lenses are of lesser quality. However for $190, the jiggly sloppy arm hinges are inexcusable. For that kind of money, and with the Oakley reputation, these should have never made it past the QA dept. I prefer to spend extra cash to get higher quality stuff, when it counts. Here I feel I just lost $150 on a pair of run-of-the-mill $40 glasses.

Having said all that, I will only subtract 2 stars. If I was unhappy with the purchase, I should have returned back to Amazon. That's my fault.
on July 24, 2017
If only it were less in price it would definitely get 5 stars...
on August 28, 2015
It would have been great if they would of actually came in the box. They were a gift and the box arrived without the sunglasses in it. Very disappointed and no where to complain or get my money back or at least the glasses. First time having an issue like this I guess you had better check the people who work for you to see who is wearing them!!!!!!!
on September 25, 2012
I had my previous pair of Oakley's for about 8 years and have been really happy with them. Recently the film on the lenses started to peal real bad. Decided to replace them with the Oakley Pit Bull and I think I made the right decision. They're very well made and fit comfortably. I got the Crystal Black Frame/Black Iridium Lens ($93). The tint is not as dark as I would have liked, sometimes I can't even tell I have them on. But when I take them off I can really tell the difference. So it's not a huge deal. Overall I'm extremely pleased and won't own sunglasses other than Oakley!
on August 5, 2014
I bought these to block out bright light, and they do a great job. They partially block light coming in from the sides of my eyes, which is why I kept them. They are large in my face but not awkwardly so. Highly suggest trying them on, and look at the big tacos and half jackets to find the size for your face.
on August 1, 2015
Larger than my previous Oakley Monster Dog these sunglasses cover more area and feel more comfortable. They look less cooler though so there is a downside. Lenses seem the same with excellent protection.
on March 20, 2014
Was super excited to see that the glasses I received were polarized even though that wasn't expected or advertised. Very happy with them..
on January 17, 2013
Shipment was fast and item received in excellent condition. The sunglasses fits very well although there is an Asian Fit and I'm an Asian just for the info. Won't think that there'll be a difference with the Asian fit at all. Most importantly, the price that I got was way cheaper than the retail price online and the shops that are selling them. Highly recommended.
on May 17, 2014
Excellent glasses, great fit. Brought these after a friend let me try on his. They fit well and completely, no light gets in around the edges and the lenses don't distort your vision.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.