Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Limited time offer Try it first with samples Handmade Last Minute Gifts Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon life life life  All-new Echo Save $10 on Fire 7. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

on December 30, 2013
I have always loved Oakley products, especially their polarized sunglasses. I've previously owned a polarized Half-Jacket which I misplaced - then went ahead and bought a couple of other cheaper polarized sunglasses. Needless to say, after experiencing Oakley, none of those were really good enough. I really missed the quality of the polarized lenses and the comfort of my lost Oakley. I guess there is a reason that Oakley products cost so much (and boy do they cost a bomb! I had to convince myself over many times to get another pair).

This polarized Whisker is officially my second pair of Oakley sunglasses and from the moment I put it on, I knew I was going to love it. I've had it for over 6 months now, and still look forward to putting it on every chance I get. Don't let the thin-looking frames fool you, they are pretty tough and extremely comfortable to wear (though I would still advise against lumping them together in a bag with other hard stuff). I mainly use it while driving, and they do an excellent job of cutting the glares and reflections from other vehicles. They are also great when at the beach or other sunny spots - I live in a tropical country so when I say sunny, it gets very bright, especially at mid-day. At times like that, nothing beats the look and comfort of these Oakley sunglasses.

The sunglasses come with a soft micro-fiber pouch that also doubles as a cleaning cloth and this is where I feel compelled to remove the 5th star. For a pair of premium sunglasses that costs this much, Oakley could have at least provided a sturdy / hard case free of charge, because if you are not extra careful it's easy to get the lenses scratched.

All things said, these are definitely the best sunglasses I have ever owned. When it reaches its end of life, I would probably still go out and get another pair of Oakley!
on March 28, 2017
You would think that $200 sunglasses would have qulity lenses, but from day one until now the scratches and abrasions from simple normal and limited usage have now made these unusable. I won't be buying another Oakley product again. Ray Bans and Maui Jim only.
on April 7, 2015
I had previously owned a pair of these for a few years and loved them. Went on a hike one day and left them on the roof of the car on my way home and they were long gone. I couldn't find a pair in stores but found the identical pair here for cheaper than I paid in store. Score! If you're on the fence about whether or not you need the polarized lenses, let me save you the trouble; you do. So much clearer, no glare. It's a thing of beauty.
on October 5, 2012
Fairly decent pair of sunglasses, for the money. My only complaint is that like others had noticed, these are a tight fitting pair of sunglasses. The optics are nice, I just wish they had some arm flexibility in the form of a spring mechanism. These definitely won't come off during sports or other activities. I got them for 110 on a special from amazon, and don't think they are worth much more than that. Also, I think at this price they should include a case instead of some cheap fabric sleeve. Luckily I still have the case from my old Maui Jim's to use.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on July 7, 2015
Some shades remain excellent over time! Lost my first pair of polarized whiskers in downtown Chicago 2 years after they traveled with me to Haiti on medical mission. Titanium brown discontinued but the iridium black suffices... My loss is restored. Hint : keep DEET sprays away- etches the plastic mirror lenses!
on June 21, 2015
I have an older pair of the Whisker's polarized lenses. These are much more lightweight and are just as good at the old pair I have! Great in the sun because the polarized lenses allow to see clearly in blinding/glaring sunlight! Perfect for driving or just being outdoors!
on March 1, 2015
I love Oakley glasses. I owned a older version of these glasses for 13 years and lost them over the summer. I am happy to have these back on my face. The fit is better than older ones and these are polarized. Perfect because I am outside often and sun bothers my eyes. Thanks!!!
on August 4, 2013
These are my favorite glasses ever. Yes, they are a bit more expensive than most, the weight and fit are perfect on my face. The clarity of the glass is beyond anything I've used before.

I've had the glasses a while now, and am happy to report that the glass has not been scratched yet in normal use.
on April 29, 2015
These were an anniversary gift for my husband to replace a pair that were stolen during a trip we took. They are reliable and fit him perfectly. He loved the old pair and these are identical and just as well built as the older pair.
on May 26, 2015
I have just started wearing them and already love them. I've been hesitant to pay that much $$ fora pair of sunglasses, but glad I finally pulled the trigger. Great sunglasses!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.