Industrial Deals Rebound Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon westworldS2 westworldS2 westworldS2  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now SWMTVT18_gno

on February 23, 2018
In 2007 my father rented this game from a Movie Gallery (back when they were still around) under the impression I might like it. I remember looking at the box art and thinking "Wow, this looks okay". "Okay" is an insult to this masterpiece. I remember the exact moment I left the Imperial Sewers after the tutorial. There was wide, beautiful vista of tress, mountains, and ancient ruins. In fact I spent the first 6 hours of Oblivion running along the road surrounding the Imperial City. I remember being amazed that I could harvest plants. I had never played a game like it before then. Oblivion is my most game played on any console, where I've easily poured 1,500 hours into it. 10+ years later I still play Oblivion. It'll always have a special place in my heart.
on May 27, 2016
This game is my favorite of all time, it may not be as pretty as Skyrim but this game brings back so many memories for me. I am a sucker for games with character customization first of all. Second, I love the wide open world of Cyrodiil. The lore is fantastic, I am a huge Elder Scrolls fan but this game will always have a special place in my heart.
on December 9, 2013
Bless the Nine for this game! This is the first Elder Scrolls game I have played and I was impressed. This game is massive and it's not just empty space, there are copious amounts of dungeons, capes, inns, and most importantly quests. The main story is epic and many side quests are just as epic as the main one. This game is and always will be considered one of the greatest Action-RPGs ever.

The Story:
-So you are a prisoner and fate has brought you and Emperor Uriel Septim together as he had a dream about you being someone to trust as he needs to escape through your prison cell. You are freed with it because the emperor entrusts you with the Amulet of the Kings as he fears he will be assassinated.
- The emperor gets assassinated and you have to go find the new heir or all of Cyrodil and Tamierel (Elder Scrolls land) will be destroyed by the Daedric God Mehrunes Dagon.

Pros:
- Very strong story with amazing depth, the side quests add to the backstory of the area and game.
- Very addicting gameplay, feels a lot more complicated than it looks whether you are cast spells of destruction, summoning creatures to aid you, or fighting with a sword. There are a lot of factors that go into combat and gameplay. In the end it looks like you are just flailing and running in circles though.
- The AI is pretty decent considering how long ago this game came out. NPCs aren't annoying to work with in this game (except for following Baurus to the sewers, goodbye hour of your life)
- Every dungeon is different and unique in their own way, while there are a couple of styles, each layout is unique.
- Your enemies level up along with you so that way the game is always challenging. Of course there is a cap at like level 30, but at that point you know pretty much everything about combat.
- The game explains in great detail what each attribute does for your character when creating it.
- The main quest is rather short as far as most main stories go, but there are a plethora of questlines. It's not an achievement, but it should be just to complete every quest.
- Every person has voice dialogue that's not annoying.
- You can fast travel to any location you've discovered.

Cons:
- There are quite a few glitches in the game, most of the don't effect anything, but there are a couple that make it impossible to finish quests. I recommend you check the Elder Scrolls wiki should you think there's a glitch.

Other:
- On one playthrough I got all 1250G, (game of the year edition gives the Shivering Isles DLC which is the only DLC that gives any achievements). It's not hard because the achievements all revolve around quests.
- The Game of the Year edition comes with a DLC disk for the Shivering Isles and the Knights of the Nine questline
- Other DLC doesn't provide extra achievements and not so much extra story, just somewhat decent equipment.
- I've played 74 hours so far and I'm nowhere near to done with the side quests.

Buy this game if:
- You want to play an epic, amazing, and beautiful Action-RPG.
- The game is under $20 (Game of Year version)
- Haven't played Skyrim yet

To me there's no reason why you shouldn't buy this game except for price.
on November 26, 2017
This does work . If original Oblivion is installed simply uninstall and reinstall disk 2 of this and shivering isles and knights of the nine will install properly. Im playing on x box 1 now because I got addicted to Skyrim and never knew about this game , beat Skyrim to the point I have every artifact and every unique item but Oblivion on x box 1 is not bad at all about to be 100% done after like 3 play throughs . Even got the gladiator weapons and the emperors robe this time lol.
on September 28, 2017
Great game. It has held up well in a market that favors current generation games. The graphics aren't great, in some respects, but they aren't awful either. Strong story lines and multi-facetted characters make for a terrific experience. If I'm not the last one to play this, I highly recommend it. ;)
on September 24, 2015
Bethesda has set the bar or all RPGs. With Fallout and the Elder Scrolls series they have not gone wrong. I played this game before and loaned it. This was the best way to get back, and play the DLCs that I missed.
on November 30, 2015
This game, while nowhere near it's counterpart Skyrim, is definitely a work of art. Bethesda had it together even before Skyrim, even if the graphics are worse than what we're used to! Great storyline, great combat, and overall a wonderful game!
on December 28, 2017
I played skyrim before playing this, so I started out with my expectations really high. I just starting gaming, so I didn't realize how far the quality of games has gotten so quickly. I love bethesda, and play fallout as well. The games are really well thought out and fun.
on November 10, 2016
It was exactly as described, brand new. Still in factory shrink wrap and no bumps or dings or signs of wear from handling/shipping. Installed directly to hard drive without any issues both main game and the extra content disc. It was a good buy.
on August 16, 2013
I completed this game 100% at close to 150 hours of gameplay, so just the time I got out of it alone was worth the $20. The world was very nice looking and for it's time the graphics are decent.

As for the story and quests I think I prefer Morrowind (which for those that don't know was the game before this one). The story was just okay and the quests themselves were not really anything new compared to Morrowind. The new Quest log is amazing compared to Morrowind though and was a much needed feature! Guilds were always one of my favorites parts of Morrowind. Oblivion didn't seem to have as many of them that had things to do and moving up in rank was way way way too easy compared to the previous game where you also had to meet skill requirements. Oblivion left that out so you just do quests and go up in rank after so many from a guild.

Battles annoyed me. I liked Morrowind's system better, even though in this game you can hit something each time unlike Morrowind where you need to build your skill up to have a better change to hit the enemy. The battle may have been better if you actually had something to battle. Outside of the caves/forts/etc it was rare to run into an enemy to fight and travel got boring.

The extra DLC that is included was pretty fun. The Knights one was entertaining but it felt like it was a replacement of the Temple Guild quests from Morrowind. Shivering Isles could be worth $20 almost on it's own. The story was so much more fun than the Oblivion story line and it made up probably close to 25-50 hours worth of gameplay all on it's own. The world was decent sized with lots to discover and there was plenty of new quests to work on.

Overall, the game is well worth the $20 price. I just wish they had done better with the main story line and kept the skill requirements for the guild ranks to give it more of a challenge.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.