Industrial Deals HPC Magazine Deals Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide $34.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Last Minute Gifts Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon JCVJ JCVJ JCVJ  All-new Echo Save $10 on Fire 7. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Customer reviews

Obstetrics and Gynecology
Format: Paperback|Change

on April 1, 2005
I received this book from the department when I did my Ob/Gyn rotation, and was excited, as I saw the good reviews here earlier. There are a lot of good diagrams, the questions in the back helped direct my studying, and I thought it was a relatively easy read. However, I also read Blueprints simultaneously, and I thought the explanations were much better, and the reading was more interesting. Futhermore, Blueprints is more directed for the boards, so if you are not interested in going into Ob/Gyn, I think Blueprints is preferable. If you do want to go towards Ob/Gyn, I think you'd better read Blueprints and this, but this book alone -- I just dont think its good enough.
on March 16, 2004
This is a great text for 3rd year med student rotations. It covers all the basics and is the easiest reading textbook I've come across during my rotations thus far. The end of book questions are good for basic facts and are extensive, but are not at all board style. This plus Blueprints Clinical Cases, however, provides more than sufficient preparation for the Shelf exam. At times you might need a more extensive reference such as Williams for more detailed info, but I found this to be rare. Even if you're not remotely interested in OB/Gyn, still an excellent option to provide a foundation of information for exams and boards.
on July 3, 2002
This book is absolutely an A+. Of all of the required texts I have purchased this year, this one is by far the best. It is very well written. The information is detailed enough without overwhelming a third year student. The book provided short and manageable chapters that could be read and digested quickly. The questions at the end were a life-saver come test time.
on October 13, 2003
As a medical student I really liked this book , simple yet it includes all the important details you need as a student. Moreover, you can test your knowledge with the MCQs included.I always get asked from where do I study. It is a must have for all medical students. I highly recommend it.
on May 26, 2006
This book is full of inconsistency and errors. The questions in the back frequently give different answers in different chapters. There are several statements in this book that are clear errors. All in all, get blueprints or something else. This book is not worth the money.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 10, 2006
Useful for medical students: easy and clear to study; some topics not enough developed.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse