Ocean Kayak 12-Feet Malibu Two Tandem Sit-On-Top Recreational Kayak
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Capacity of one, two, or two plus a child, 375-425 lbs. maximum capacity, perfect for a couple with a child. Length-12'. Width-34 inch
- Three seating position, bow, stern and middle for paddling solo, tandem, or tandem with a child. Overlapping foot wells,allow for a center seated paddler to have comfortable foot bracing with side carry handles
- 2 Comfort Plus seats, three molded-in seat wells, gear straps, patented overlapping foot wells, molded-in handles, skid plate
- Hull and deck design allows easy stacking of multiple hulls for easy on dock storage,Comfortable whatever your leg length may be
- BOW SEAT WIDTH: 18.5", STERN SEAT WIDTH: 20.25",CENTER SEAT WIDTH: 16.25",BOW LEG LENGTH: 44",STERN LEG LENGTH: 42"
Frequently bought together
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
The most popular compact, lightweight tandem sit-on-top kayak in the world. Stable and versatile, it can be paddled solo or tandem. Fits two adults plus a small child or pet. FEATURES: 2 Comfort Plus seats, Three molded-in seat wells, Patented overlapping foot wells, Bow & stern carry handles, Gear straps, Skid plate SEATING: Seats two adults, plus a small child or pet. Can also be paddled solo from center seat. SPECIFICATIONS: LENGTH 12' 0", WIDTH 34" SEAT WIDTHS stern 18.5"/47.0 cm, center 20.25", bow 16.25", WEIGHT 57 lbs., MAX CAPACITY 375-425 lbs.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
If you need paddles, we're really happy with SeaSense X-TREME II Kayak Paddle, 84-Inch, Orange and Yellow.
As far as car racks, we don't love what we bought. The kayaks are really solid and heavy, so the dual rack we got feels a bit flimsy for them. When you find a better solution, leave it in the comments for me. ;)
As far as customizing, there are options but you will need to get creative due to the lack of space. I'm looking into mounting a track system for more options in regards to fishing and pole placement. You will want to add more deck loops/eye pads. It's not a fishing kayak but you can probably make it work if you need to.
Ocean Kayaks can last decades if properly taken care of and the Malibu Two seems no different. The stock seats are fairly nice for the average person without back issues. The paddler does sit high and its a wide yak, so 240-250cm paddles should definitely be considered.
I have owned an Ocean Kayak Scrambler XT in the past, but wanted a tandem for my wife and I to take out together that we could easily carry/load onto the cars. After a lot of research I purchased this over a Perception tandem. You have to pay a little more, but this is significantly lighter and 12 ft long instead of 13.5. This is definitely a premium product over all the other tandems I looked at.
Not a ton of room for storage with 2 paddlers on the kayak, but I plan to install a couple 8-in Gaspachi hatch cover for additional storage in the hull.
Also, free Amazon Prime freight shipping! Everywhere else wanted $150 for shipping. (Are you kidding?)
PS - It wasn't in stock when on Amazon when I first checked, but I looked every couple days and 7 magically were in stock after about a week. They were already sold out by the time my kayak had been delivered a week later.