Ocean Kayak Frenzy One-Person Sit-On-Top Recreational Kayak
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Responsive and stable, this one-person kayak is playful in the surf but behaves well on flat water.
- Ocean Kayak's renowned Tri-Form hull combines primary and secondary stability, with a long center keel to keep you going straight.
- A durable, four-way-adjustable Comfort Plus seat supports all-day paddling, with comfort for any body type.
- Store gear, food, and other items using the stern tank well with removable bungees and bow deck bungee.
- Easily carry the Frenzy from boat to launch using the molded-in side handles and bow and stern carrying handles.
- Measures 9 feet long and weighs 43 pounds for easy transport on a car top; capacity of 275 to 325 pounds; lifetime warranty on the hull.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Offering big fun in a compact hull, the Ocean Kayak Frenzy sit-on-top recreational kayak is a versatile choice for ocean or river adventurers. Responsive and stable, this one-person kayak is playful in the surf but behaves well on flat water. Ocean Kayak's renowned Tri-Form hull combines primary and secondary stability, with a long center keel to keep you going straight. A durable, four-way-adjustable Comfort Plus seat supports all-day paddling, with comfort for any body type. Store gear, food, and other items using the stern tank well with removable bungees and bow deck bungee. Easily carry the Frenzy from boat to launch using the molded-in side handles and bow and stern carrying handles. Measures 9 feet long and weighs 43 pounds for easy transport on a car top; capacity of 275 to 325 pounds; lifetime warranty on the hull.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Cut to a few weeks later when hurricane Hermine came a knocking. She made landfall late September 1st early September 2. Water started entering the house and didn't stop. We escaped out of the house on the kayaks with a dog each.
If I can safely paddle in the pitch black thru a hurricane with a forty pound dog who is 100% sure the worst place to be is on a kayak, and not tip over and not get swept away my second time being on a kayak? Then I made a damn good choice in said kayak purchase.
Thank you Ocean Kayak.
1) Delivery - This was the largest item we have purchased on Prime with a nominated day/time for delivery. The deliver service was a third part shipping company, which was first class, with excellent communication starting 2 days to 30 minutes before delivery. The kayak's were well packaged.
2) Quality - Made in USA (need I say more!), these boats are very well made and finished. The fittings for the seats and handles are metal and very robust. The material and stitching on the padded seats is also high quality.
3) Handling - The boats are very stable on the water and track in a straight line even when taking large long strokes (other kayaks I have used will tend to track from side to side with heavy rowing).
We have nicked named the Kayaks "OUR BRAVE LITTLE BOATS" - on the second outing with kayaks we started out when the water was calm and about an hour later the wind picked up significantly and we had to paddle into the wind and waves to get home. The water had a significant swell with some waves breaking over the bow. At no point did we feel unsafe in these kayaks, they remained very stable and continued to glide through the water.
I would highly recommend them for beginners.
I was slightly concerned by some reviewers saying the seat is narrow & uncomfortable for larger folk during longer paddles. I'm a solid size 12-14 female & I think there's plenty of room. It's snug, but not the least bit tight or uncomfortable. I don't think I would want any more room to wiggle around. I'm 5'5" & there's plenty of room to stretch out. The storage areas in front & back can hold all kinds of stuff. The only bummer is my dog doesn't really fit with me. She's a large dog & would fit, but then I would be stuck in one spot & wouldn't be very comfy.
Another thing I was concerned about with choosing such a short kayak is how it would track. All the other ones I was considering were 10-12 ft, so this was my shortest option. I ultimately decided to prioritize ease of transportation over quality of ride on the water. However, I really don't feel like I lost much. This thing tracks really well for being so short. I mostly paddle around lakes on day trips, so it's not like I needed some kind of serious touring model. I'm also excited to try it out in the surf. Never tried that but it looks like fun.
My only negative mention is the shipping time. To be fair, they do say shipping could take 1-2 months (it only took a month), so it's not any surprise. It's just a long time to wait.