Amazon Vehicles Beauty Return your textbook rentals STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop now Book House Cleaning americangods americangods americangods  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. National Bike Month on Amazon Ellen

Ocean Group voices are better than Funimation Remastered

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 29, 2009, 3:40:27 PM PDT
Son Goku says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 5, 2009, 1:32:28 PM PDT
Hovi says:
I am happy
Ocean group voices were terrible.
Only Vegeta was better
Roshii & the crew sounded awful.
Funi carried the voices I was used to hearing from the Dragonball series over.
For me it sounds like a natural carry over.
Whereas the over-dramatic Ocean voices & music was too westernized for my tastes.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 18, 2009, 9:15:58 PM PDT
Eric Widel says:
I agree with you, Hovi. Vegeta was definitely better, the rest were pretty awful.

But I disagree about FUNimation's new(er) voices, they seem just as (if not more) western-style dramatic as the Ocean Group's voices. Although, it's a toss-up whether I'd rather hear poor voice-acting or one guy (Chris Sabat) doing almost every character.

Though it doesn't really matter to me. I watch with the Japanese audio and English-language Japanese subtitles.

Posted on Aug 7, 2009, 1:18:09 AM PDT
Hold on a minute here, when you say original music what do you mean? Because they did leave the original music from the Japanese version. Please be more specific when talking about it, because some of us may think you are talking about replacing the Japanese intro, music in episodes, and closing.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 2, 2010, 8:53:19 PM PST
Ultra Magnus says:
Funimation's voice actor's were $ h i t for DBZ. I really hope they find a way to bring back Ocean studio's dubs because at least they did an accurate job of voicing the characters.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 3, 2010, 3:10:53 AM PST
Son Goku says:
You are one of the few people that understands Ocean Studios talent. Hopefully they someday will make a dvd set with those voices. It's just not the same as the old I grew up with. Not to mention the new dragon ball z dragon box dvd set. Just having the japanese music and not bruce faulcner. Will not be the same I think it's also not fair. I mean the japanese did a great job with the series. But a lot of the times they just didn't have the right music that set the moment of the fight or the intensity of the scene.

Posted on Oct 25, 2010, 3:30:42 PM PDT
Erin K says:
I think its funny that Ian is still listed as a credit for this box set, even though its not the Ocean dub

Posted on Dec 5, 2010, 8:08:59 AM PST
I'm a hybrid fan. I prefer what I first saw on television so I only like watching the Ocean dub for the first 60 eps. and switch over to Funi for the rest.

It's worth making the switch anyway for the Falconur score since that started in season 3, plus I feel like Drummond's voice was a little worse when he and the rest of the cast returned to dub the rest of DBZ. I'll never watch DBZ with the Japanese track though (or the music). With Goku's horrible voice, it's a completely different show.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  7
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  May 29, 2009
Latest post:  Dec 5, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

This discussion is about