Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Case Star Octopus Style Portable and adjustable Tripod Stand Holder for iPhone, Cellphone ,Camera and Case Star Cellphone Bag-Blue and Black
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer conj2 conj2 conj2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Kiss Rocks Vegas Shop Now

on January 19, 2013
I researched several different camera/cell phone tripods on Amazon, and this one by Case Star was significantly less expensive than the others. For such an inexpensive price, I figured I'd give it a try. Verdict - it's a bargain that functions perfectly.

It works with both my Sony Cybershot camera and my iPhone. I have both a 5 and a 3GS. For the video, I demonstrated with the relatively heavy 3GS with the bulky case in my video, and as you can see, at 5.75 ounces, the tripod supported it with ease. The Sony camera, by comparison, is 3.75 ounces.

The tripod allows for a wide range of angles by adjusting any or all of the three of the legs, as well as the top portion that attaches to your camera or phone. I've found it to be perfectly stable on a variety of surfaces.
1414 comments| 363 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 21, 2012
This little tripod is perfect for the phone. It grabs everywhere and allows for auto pictures with the back camera that it's much better than the front camera. Of course you'll need a timer app.
review image review image review image
11 comment| 76 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 16, 2013
Let me start by confirming the one thing that I wasn't 100 percent sure about when making the purchase: The product came with the tripod, holder, and bag so that nothing else is needed for you to use your iPhone, camera, or other similar sized product with this particular tripod package.

After stopping at Best Buy, Radio Shack, Walmart, Target, and a few cell phone kiosks at the mall, I realized that the online option was going to be the only way for me to get this item, which is weird since I'd think more people would want something to hold their phone in various positions while taking self shots or group shots that you want to be included in. Using the item is super simple and I figured out how to do the attachments within moments of opening the product--without using directions. Don't be scared. Even though my iPhone 4 is within a case that isn't easy to remove, it still fits with room to spare if needed, which makes me believe that it will work with most cases and shells of various phones without you having to remove the case.

Because I wasn't 100% sure that this item would include everything I needed, I bought a few other similarly priced items just in case. Take it from me, though, you won't need to. The tripod can stand on all three legs, but all of the "balls" along the legs are jointed so that you can flex the legs into a wide variety of positions--even on surfaces that aren't flat. The last thing that I'll point out is that you can adjust your camera or phone from side to side or back to front just in case you need to take a picture at a weird angle. This will let you do it!!! It's perfect for me to use for self shots for my humor blog.

Michael Rochelle
0Comment| 119 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 19, 2013
I love this mount and I use it to take panoramic pictures or to duplicate myself with iPhone apps such as Split Pic. I do a lot of photography but I hate lugging around a huge camera. This tripod and mount make it a lot easier to take pictures when travelling. The only minor flaw with this device is that the rubber tab at the top will eventually wear out and break.
review image
on February 3, 2013
Like some of the other reviewers, I was skeptical of this product's low price compared to similar tripod models. However, when the product arrived containing everything needed for use (the tripod itself, a small camera mount, and a bag), I immediately slipped my iPhone in and started recording some videos. This product works as described and is an excellent, reasonably-priced tripod for holding small devices steady.
on June 21, 2013
This is a great tripod. it will attach almost anything. I attached it to my treadmill and now I can watch my Netflix.
on May 3, 2013
This will hold an iPhone if you position it perfectly and haven't moved the joints too much. I've used mine a few times, but now it's hidden in a box somewhere and it'll probably stay there.

The joints on it have an extremely weak hold. Once you put it in a position, there is only a 10% chance it will stay there. The top joint on mine popped off a few times and now pretty much swings freely making this nearly useless.

I would never trust this to wrap around a pole and hold tightly. This is an example of "you get what you pay for". If I have a real need for something like this, I plan to get the GorillaPod
on November 14, 2012
I was a bit skeptical since this was so cheap. But I couldn't be happier. This is NOT for big cameras. But I bought something I could use with my cell phone(android) or my wife's(iphone) or our little Sony CS. It works with all of them. We take it out on the trail hiking with us. It's great to use with the self timer on my phone, or if I'm using skype or something like that. It's actually pretty sturdy. It's so cheap, I would be happy if it lasted at least a year. I wouldn't mind buying another.
on July 5, 2015
The first one arrived with broken joints. I emailed the seller with pictures and they sent me another one very fast! I've traveled with this tripod and I like it a lot! Very handy and good enough for travelers who wants to take photos with extra stability for time lapse videos and other angles. I also used it as GPS and Gopro holder wrapping around the rear-view mirror- it works great!
review image review image review image
on February 1, 2014
i got this to make Youtube videos from my iPhone and this holds my iPhone 5c with a Otterbox case the tripod will help me with my YouTube videos i would get this if you are going to make YouTube videos from your iPhone i just wish they had one for an iPad but worth the money i put into this tripod