Other Sellers on Amazon
Oddworld Abe's Oddysee
|Price:||$89.49 & FREE Shipping. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- NO MENUS
- NO INVENTORY BARS
- NO SCOREKEEPING
- JUST INFINITE LIVES AND VICTIMS TO RESCUE
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
The graphics in Abe's Oddyssee convey a unique personality, which is often lacking in platform action games. Still, a few pretty game environments will not distract you from the devious puzzles scattered throughout the game. Fortunately, you never run out of lives in Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee. Instead, Abe rematerializes immediately after you "die" and the game continues from the last checkpoint you reached. This approach encourages exploration, which you'll want to do anyway since this is one of the most beautiful 2-D games we've seen. --T. Byrl Baker
- Gorgeous graphics and cut-scenes
- Challenging puzzles
- Entertaining story
- Many puzzles require perfect timing, which can be difficult to master
Top Customer Reviews
The only downside is that if you die, you often have to complete a good portion of the level again. This is not a terribly bad thing, it's just a bit annoying in some of the tougher parts.
Really, it's a steal. You'll have loads of fun.
Abe's Oddysee, as well as its sequels, have a few things in common that make them truly amazing:
1. Beautiful environments. I mean absolutely stunning. The artists working on this game capture an alien landscape with true finesse. There are a few times I just stop and gaze into the distance.
2. Great storyline, with characters to match. It's silly, but not so silly that it masks the anti-industrialist message. The game is something of a metaphor opposing clear-cutting and mass-species-extinction.
3. Refreshing style of play. It breaks from standard games by not having a life bar (one shot death in most cases), but that's balanced by having unlimited lives. Sure the puzzles are hard. Very hard. If you're up to the challenge, the rewards are soooo worth it.
Happy gaming, folks! This is a gem that shouldn't be missed.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
While I received the game promptly, it wouldn't play or even load to title. Totally bummed.Published 6 months ago by Caleb
I loved this game as a kid and It's just as good now. If you're looking for a challenging game that takes patience then this may be right up your alley. Read morePublished 8 months ago by Guitarslim
This game and it's younger brother was my childhood. I regret nothing. Save them all, or gtfo.Published 9 months ago by Kyle
If you haven't played this game before you wouldn't understand. Oddworld is one of my favorite games of all time. Read morePublished 9 months ago by luis s madrid-avila