- File Size: 17321 KB
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Everlasting Flames Publishing (November 4, 2010)
- Publication Date: November 4, 2010
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B004AYCU0U
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Not Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #73,838 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Iliad, Odyssey, Aeneid, Oedipus, Jason and the Argonauts and 50+ Legendary Books: ULTIMATE GREEK AND ROMAN MYTHOLOGY COLLECTION Kindle Edition
- Due to its large file size, this book may take longer to download
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
There are several drawbacks to this collection, however. As another reviewer has pointed out navigation is incredibly tedious; rather than having a main table of contents and then sub-contents within specific authors and works, the publisher put one single table of contents at the beginning of the whole work which lists every chapter, footnotes etc. for these works which makes the table of contents incredibly lengthy. Just getting through Homer's Iliad and Odyssey is 18 pages on font size 3 on my Kindle.
Also most of the translations of these works come from the 19th century and are quite archaic - many "hath"s "thee"s "art thou"s etc. Most of these works have much fresher translations.
Overall this collection is a good reference work for the money. While most of these works can be acquired for nothing through various sources this collection gathers them in one file for minimal cost.
"Table of Contents" in quotes because it is even more hideously formatted than the Complete Shakespeare collection also from Everlasting Flames where only lobotomized monkeys work in the desktop publishing department. This DIFFICULT to navigate table of contents IS IN ALL CAPS AND EVERY SINGLE CHAPTER OF EVER SINGLE WORK IS IN IT SO YOU HAVE TO SWIPE THROUGH DOZENS OF PAGES JUST TO GET PAST THE ODYSSEY ...
I've found oodles of public domain eBooks people make for free just for the public good that look fantastic. There's no excuse not to take a few minutes and format these collections so they don't make you feel like paying only $2.99 was probably too much.
The history of success in the West is also a history of how well versed their people were in the classics. With this collection for the Kindle as evidence, we have volumes of accomplishment beyond counting yet to write.
This is what the Kindle was created for.
Also included are the complete works of Virgil, Homer. The content runs to thousands of pages, and it would probably be easier to tell you what is not included because it is such a comprehensive collection of both Roman and Greek Mythology, with more than 50 books.
If you were to buy these works separately in paperback or hardback, you could easily end spend hundreds of dollars. Here are a few paperback examples Heroides (Penguin Classics), Metamorphoses: A New Translation by Charles Martin The Aeneid of Virgil: 35th Anniversary Edition,The Tragedies of Euripides, Volume I.
I think you will agree that represents a tremendous value for content. It's well formatted with a very detailed and linked table of contents, and you can also search by unique words, if like me, you wish to research any particular story or character..
I think you will love it and I hope this this was helpful.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
If you wish to read these immortal classics in their different formats,(traditional and modern), then this is a fine collection. Read morePublished 15 days ago by hector varrenti
How could you not give this 5 stars? All the heavyweights are here. Timeless literature.Published 4 months ago by stella y
There are better translations but this is a good reference library of classical literature and poetry.Published 4 months ago by Amazon Customer
(Kindle ed. "Iliad, Odyssey, Aeneid, Oedipus, Jason and the...
FYI . I am now reading the Iliad. The translation is by Alexander POPE.
This is another book, like Folklore that is poorly organized. It is difficult to find specific information. Read morePublished 7 months ago by William Gathergood
If one thinks his religious narratives and main motifs are unique, Mythology Ultimate Collection, serves notice to the idea of nothing being knew.Published 9 months ago by PassionateCoder
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Ancient & Medieval Literature > Ancient & Classical
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Ancient & Medieval Literature > Greek
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Ancient & Medieval Literature > Roman
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Classics
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Historical > Cultural Heritage
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Mythology & Folk Tales
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Short Stories & Anthologies > Anthologies
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Classics > Anthologies & Collections
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Anthologies
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Historical Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Mythology & Folk Tales > Mythology
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Fairy Tales