BCA Month Beauty altText This Week in Books Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on April 28, 2017
Great retirement gift! My in-laws love to just hit the road and see where they end up... so this was a great addition to their trips. I even found a couple places I would like to venture to, on our next road trip.
on January 13, 2017
love this and use it all the time in our travels.
on October 1, 2016
I discovered the Maryhill Art Museum through "Off the Beaten Path" and that was worth the cost of the book alone.
on September 30, 2017
We have had a copy of this for years and used it all the time -- one of the best thing ever given to us as a gift. We travel as much as possible and have found this book a treasure full of fun things to see and do. We actually bought this for our friends because they are now traveling and we wanted them to have their own copy.

Anyone who goes traveling and wants to see some things that you won't find at the Visitors Center -- We recommend this book!
on July 6, 2013
This is a great book with roads and places off the beaten path. We bought it for our motorhome travels but found it too big and heavy to carry along. Not the fault of the book and had some very interesting reviews and places to visit. We gave it to friends with a large motorhome and they love it. It would be easier to just Google the part of the country you plan to travel and find places "off the beaten path" The book itself is impressive with lots of great photos and commentary, just wasn't what we needed for our travels. I would have given the book itself easily 5 stars, but for our purpose only 3 stars.
on December 28, 2016
I like the book...it's a gift for my mom who is retiring. I chose this book over the 1,000 places to see in the US before you die ( I have the 1,000 Places to See in the World and I love it). I feel like my mom's generation will like this, but I felt like I could have gone onto a lot of national park websites too to organize some of the trips. It has great ideas though that are off the beaten path....
on August 8, 2017
Bought this for my sister and she loves it. She displays it on her coffee table.
on May 28, 2016
Nice book for local out of the way places across the states. So far so good, but it's more of a coffee table book, I wish it was the same size, (12x12 ish?), but soft cover, I can't see pulling out the hard cover, and imagining the dust cover tearing and stained, on a road trip with the family.
on September 29, 2017
Great book!! Have selected places to visit based on it's recommendation!!
on August 16, 2016
Sorry, no characters in this book. If you want a good guide for traveling off the interstates, this is the book for you.