Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Listen for a chance to win Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on August 12, 2014
We had some squirrels that got in through the roof into the ceiling. We would hear them crawling around and chew on things. I didn't want to kill them, but definitely didn't want them chewing any wires and living in the ceiling. I saw this and thought i would give it try.

It works by plugging it into a normal household socket. It sends a random signal through the wires that keep little critters away. Im not sure exactly how. The red light shows it is on and the green light shows it is sending the signal. The signal is randomly on so you will see it on and off throughout the day.

I wasn't sure if the signal would go through every wire in the house so I bought two. The bedrooms are on different breakers so I thought the signal wouldn't cross over to other areas. The morning after they were plugged in, no squirrels! We would here them every morning when we woke up. Once we plugged these in the squirrel noises stopped! After a month I did unplug them. Months after that I heard a squirrel in the ceiling. Again I plugged them in and the noises stopped.

One complaint is the red light that flashes when it's plugged in. A little annoyance. You can cover it with tape. And it is a bit bulky. Nothing too bad but thats why I gave it only 4 stars. Other than that it works great! The white bar on the bottom is suppose to be a night light. It's ok.
on April 26, 2016
Living in Florida means BUGS!! We hadn't had ants in our newly built house (in 1990) for 7 years because I treated the stemwall when it was under construction. Suddenly ants were coming out of the outlets and switchplates. My husband stumbled across Pest Offense at Walgreen's and it was the best thing we ever got--no more ants. I have 3 of them in various outlets and they work!! Try it to believe it!! The original one is about 16 years old too!
on February 8, 2014
This is hands down the best electronic pest repeller. In fact all the other electronic pest repellers are gimmicks compared to this product and there is a reason why it is called the original electronic pest repeller. I have used several electronic pest repellers that are cheaper, but not as effective as this in my opinion.

The reason why this is more effective than other pest repellers is because it covers more square feet per floor and is more difficult for pests to out maneuver or adapt to the electronic signal produced throughout the walls. For example Pest Offense covers 2,500 square feet per floor compared to Riddex Plus that covers 2,000 square feet per floor and produces less stronger electronic signal throughout the walls of a house that is less likely to freak pests out to the point that they just leave your home especially big pests like rats.

I had rats that were living the the garage of my house downstairs, so I bought a Riddex Plus because it was cheaper and I thought it would work to get rid of all the rats in the garage, but it did not. In fact the rats were able to out smart the electronic signal produced by the Riddex Plus, so during the day you would not see or hear a rat in the garage, but one would always come out at night and would run away to hide once it saw a human. Also I could hear them running through the walls making noise with the Riddex Plus plugged in especially at night when asleep. I decided to buy another Pest Offense to plug downstairs to see if it would make a difference and plugged the Riddex Plus in another area in the house where it would not have to work so hard or cover much square feet because I believed it just was not strong enough. To my surprise the first day I plugged the Pest Offense downstairs the rats in the walls began to react much differently to the electronic signal produced in the walls. It freaked them out to the point they were quietly trying to get out of my house. I have not seen or heard a rat in my garage since the first day it was plugged in and I feel much safer entering my garage. It worked like magic and I do not know where the hell the rats went. They might have traveled to another house for all I care.
on March 7, 2013
I live on a military base... one that is also a nature preserve. Everyone lives in townhouses, and everywhere we went on base, there was some kind of pest to be fought: sugar ants by the millions, black widow infestations, wolf spiders, field mice, yellow sac spiders, you name it! when you live in apartments or townhouses, it only takes one bad home in the bunch to give every home a terrible infestation!

Right this minute, there are 4 homes in a 1/2 mile radius from my home currently being tented and bombed with pesticides. I haven't so much as seen a single spider in my home in more than a year and a half of living here and using this product.

If you already have a current infestation, this may not phase the pests at all, but it is definitely a good defense system! I have no doubt that this product worked for me.
4 helpful votes
5 helpful votes
on January 23, 2013
Last summer our house got infested by earwigs. We used to see one or two crawling here or there but nothing to panic about until they started invading the house. We would be sitting on the sofa and they would crawl out from between the seat cushions, into our pant legs or up our shirt sleeves. It was quite entertaining to see my wife jump up and down screaming when one of these creepy crawlies found its way onto her leg or arm. It got so bad that Father's Day Weekend we took a day to fog the house after packing all our food and cooking equipment into plastic containers. We sprayed Borax on the outside and had these electronic repellers expedited to us.

I was quite skeptical about whether this electronic repeller would work but, after six months, we have seen maybe five or six earwigs the entire time when, before, we were seeing five or six an hour. We've stopped treating with Borax at least two or three months ago so I can honestly attribute the absence of bugs to this little gadget.

It took a while but we no longer jump up in a panic every time we think there is a bug in the room. This gadget has brought us considerable peace of mind.
on December 4, 2012
I live in the country and battling mice is a constant activity. I've tried everything. Poison pellets under the house: They brought it back in and put it by my dog's food dish. Snap traps: They stuck their front legs in to get the bait instead of their heads so I just ended up with injured mice that lived to strike again. Zap traps: Worked like a dream for the first few months but wore out after killing so many little critters and none of these ever deterred the mice form coming into the house in the first place. I bought two of these repellers out of sheer desperation. After I installed them (which involved plugging them into an outlet) I was laughed at by contractors I had working on my house at the time but I hae to admit, they work! Who's laughing now, contractors? The product packaging stated it could take up to 4 weeks for pests to stop coming into the house all together, but I noticed an immediate decrease in the mouse activity. Please understand, the mice in MY house didn't even try to hide. They thought they were part of the family. After installing these, I didn't see them anymore. They didn't even wake me up in the middle of the night with their scratching and scurrying. PLEASE NOTE: The mice are not completely gone. I still see and hear evidence of them from time to time. Even had to kill a couple by hand I found in my bathtub. But these repellers do SOMETHING and I don't have nearly the amount of critters I used to. Another thing you sould know that I don't think they put in the product diescription is these are NOT recommended for people who have mice, rats, hamsters, gerbils, or guinea pigs as pets.
on July 18, 2013
I have lived in this apartment complex for roughly 11 yrs and have been in 3 different locations and have always been infested in hoards of ants!!! I don't want pest control to come in because I have cats. I tried everything I found on google that was suppose to be safe for animals.

Got these and plugged one in the kitchen area and one by the sliding glass door because I have hummingbird feeders that the ants LOVE. At first didn't notice anything (does say it takes time)...I put ant traps under the kitchen sink and storage cabinets and blocked them so the cats couldn't open the doors. About a month later I saw no more ants. Maybe a combination of the two...all I know is I couldn't have a crumb of anything on my floor before...and always had ants in the cat food dish and bag!!! NO MORE!! I will continue this method as long as it works...I have seen AN ant here and there literally one at a time, nothing more!!

Hope this helps anyone else that has an ANT problem!!

UPDATE: about a month after I wrote this review I started getting ants again..and thought Oh Great Right After I Give It A 5 Star Review It Goes Bad....NOT ...I didn't notice that the green light on both of my repellers Was NOT ON!!! Make sure you watch for this. I simply had to unplug the units to reset them. Now The Ants Are Gone Again!!!
on March 5, 2014
We've only seen about 5 bugs since we plugged them in and 3 out of 5 were tiny babies. We got two of them and moved them around until we stopped seeing bugs in the areas we put them in. Instructions say to centrally locate on a one story, which we have. One is in the kitchen in the front of the house, the other in the living room on the opposite wall and these seem to be the two best locations. We have no idea why. We've read the theories about the circuits and all the other reviews. To the guy who says if we want a red blinking light now's our chance, we say cool, we like the blinking red light.

Most of all no bugs! And so far our nervous systems seem to be fine and normal. I would recommend these to a friend. I don't know how they work or why but we see no bugs for days at a time and that's a lot considering we live in the woods.
on October 21, 2015
I have got to say, I was not a believer until I got these. I have one in one end of the house and one at the other end. The very next day we started seeing dead and half dead bugs on the floor. After a few days just one hear and there. After a few weeks only one or two bugs. I am amazed how well these work. I also was amazed of how many bugs must live in your home and you don't know it.

It has been a while now and I can't say we have even seen one additional bug, dead or alive. I am a believer now!
11 comment|Report abuse
on January 20, 2014
Well somehow the weather stripping under my back door is always a hot mess (it runs over welcome mats, the towels I use to clean dog feet are always managing to get left by the kids underneath, etc). And it seems many kinds of critters were getting in that way. I don't' mean gross bugs like roaches, but typical outdoor things. Ladybugs and crickets, pill bugs and beetles. This thing to the rescue. The only thing it has not stopped is little teeny nuisance ants in the summer, but since my kids can't feed their birds without leaving a trail of delectable ant food aka bird seed everywhere, were I an ant I'd definitely overcome the Pest Offense to come in to my house, too. I've considering removing the kids, dogs, birds and husband but that's far more expensive than this gadget.