Industrial Deals Beauty MagazinestoInspire STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis hots Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno
asked by CASpeedo on July 21, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 19 answers
A
Michael Holoway answered on July 27, 2011
Comment | 7 of 7 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Office 2008 is compatible with Lion, but it needs to have been previously installed on Snow Leopard. The actual installer is PowerPC based (i.e. won't work on Lion).
Adam Westlake answered on July 24, 2011
Comment | 6 of 8 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
2008 Seems to be working fine on Lion but I've had limited use as I've only installed Lion recently. I wonder if Microsoft will adopt some of the new features of Lion (Version saving, etc.) into Office 2011 with an update, if it will be a future version (Office 2014 or whatever) feature or if MS Office will ever support these system features.
R. Beier answered on July 22, 2011
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I just installed Mac Office 2008 on my new Air using an external optical drive. Everything seemed to work.
R. Warren answered on July 30, 2011
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
lashes77 answered on August 20, 2011
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I would say that Apple Pages is a very different animal from Word. If you want word processing and page layout, it's fine and pretty elegant. If you need to work on documents that other people need to work on in Word, don't do it. You don't want to be trying to translate things back and forth.
Rodney Sauer answered on October 4, 2011
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Allen Reinhard answered on November 8, 2011

A
I feel your pain. Apparently Apple isn't listening or they don't care. Either way its an unacceptable situation that could easily have been remedied during the development stage.
Michael Holoway answered on November 8, 2011

A
It isn't quite clear to me if Office 2008 for Mac will work on the new Mac Book Pros (summer 2011) with Lion. David, would you please say what Apple computer you installed your Office 2008 on? Thanks. Another issue is that the new Mac Book Pros come with Intel CPUs, will Office 2008 work with these Intel CPUs?

One more question, is anyone using Apple's Pages instead of MS Office? Would this be a reasonable substitute for MS Word? Thanks again.
Bill answered on August 29, 2011

A
I dumped Word for Pages and have never been sorry. Pages can import and export Word docs easily. But sometimes if odd fonts or odd graphics are used, there can be translation issues that need editing.
The biggest issue for me is that Numbers just doesn't have enough compatibility with Excel to be able to replace it yet. So I only keep Office for Excel.
But Pages and Keynote, IMHO, are far superior to Word and PowerPoint.
And $20 from the App store, it's a no brainer to give them a try!
Blue Apple answered on October 13, 2011
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

See all questions about this product