Industrial Deals HPC Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Ski Trip Essentials nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop modern furniture and decor Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now

on February 5, 2015
Low rating has nothing to so with the SW, it is the installation. I spent a whole afternoon trying to download and install. I did not have my password and had to get a new one. I had to wait for emails or Text messages to be sent with special confirmation numbers. When I finally got the number the install had timed out. Then if you get on number on time you have to get a mother for confirmation. Same problem. I finally found an old disc and installed the SW the old fashion way. Worked fine. Apple will be in my future, FOR SURE!
on April 14, 2014
Bought Office for Mac several months ago, and everything's fine and dandy until MS, in its relentless "wisdom," decided to update. In the current version of Powerpoint, everytime you hit the return key, you are sent into Presentation Mode. I've searched and searched, and apparently there is no fix. I am now migrating to Keynote, but it has its own hangups, and I would like to be able to use the product I paid for!!
on October 24, 2014
Microsoft sales staff misrepresented this product despite my detailed questions. Tech staff delayed their responses until the product could no longer be returned. Based on my experience, I won't be buying a Microsoft product any time soon. Suggestion? Don't make a purchase unless you have high level of knowledge, expertise on the product. If you have to eat with them, use a very, very, very long spoon, as a good friend of mine says.
on April 28, 2017
I can't give this product a zero because that's not a choice, but it's worthless when downloading the software is impossible. In typical fashion, Microsoft wants you to buy their latest, which for the Mac is Office 2016 with an average product review rating of barely over 2 stars. So I decided to buy a product that has proven itself on my computer for installation on the computer of another family member. Should be easy, right? Follow the instructions, download, install, and you're off and running. Oops. Not so fast. The links don't work, they hang up, with lots of "try again later" messages, and at the moment I've got nothing to show for the money spent. Special Note to Amazon: Don't sell stuff that customers can't use.
on February 5, 2015
This is a review of the Microsoft key card version of Microsoft Office for Mac 2011: Home and Student edition. The truly terrible issue I had with this program was getting it downloaded from Microsoft's website. I have wasted at least 12 hours of my life trying to get this version installed. I have downloaded the program over 30 times on 3 different computers and with 3 different browsers. I have received checksum errors every time I clicked on the downloaded file. This is a known issue: https://www.google.com/#q=checksum+error+when+downloading+Microsoft+Office+for+Mac+2011. I was unaware of this when I purchased this version from Amazon. Also when I initially searched for Office for Mac on Amazon the option to get the program on disc was not displaying. This would have been my preferred option for a number of reasons, my present problems included. At least with no Internet connection I could have still installed the program.

Finally last night I was able to resolve my issue. One of the tech support persons in the Philippines told me that Microsoft had issues with downloads via my ISP Mediacom. I actually thought of a solution that worked which I suggested to him. I had to leave the call after telling this person about my solution but was able to implement it later that evening. I had my son who lives in another city with a different ISP download the file into his or my Public Dropbox I forget which. I then dragged the disk image file onto my desktop and was able to install the program. It is worth noting that when he download the file it was the correct size hence no checksum error. The program installed without issue. I was also able to update the program through the update feature and the update downloaded using my ISP without issue. So I really don't know where the fault lies with respect to this issue. It is not as simple as it seems.

One warning. The program included an icon for Outlook. I was curious because it was not listed as coming with the Home and Student edition. When I clicked on it and it asked for a product key. This appears to be an attempt to get you to purchase Outlook. Based on other posts I stayed away from the offer to connect to Office 365 and MicroSoft Document Connection. I seemed to remember other reviewers having issues with these features.

I am admittedly an Apple fan but I was very favorable impressed with the quick look I took of Excel and Word. They are much more feature rich than Numbers and Pages the Apple equivalents. They also have a much `busier' interface and the icons in the menu bars did not have elegance that one associates with Apple design sensibilities.
on September 17, 2015
It is not the professional version that I was use to using previously. However, I'm retired and what I use spread sheets, word processing and presentation software for now, this is sufficient. I was a County Budget Manager and did extensive analysis and presentations. Now I'm our church treasurer and my analysis and presentation is on a much lower level. Therefore, I'm finding this version more than enough for my use. I'm a new Mac user, consequently, I'm still getting use to the Mac operating system and navigating. I have previously always worked (20 plus years) in the Microsoft environment. It's a new learning curve and I'm enjoying the challenge. I don't have a new Window version of Office to compare to this 2011 student Mac version. I'm not sure if they are similar or what the differences might be. Again, it's a learning curve. With many tasks, they are simpler and more user intuitive and then other tasks are more menu dependent versus a tool icon. However, I've only been using this series of Word and Excel for a couple of weeks. With more experience, perhaps some of the tedious tasks will become easier when I know the software better. Overall, I'm well satisfied with this software package and it integrates with the Mac operating system so far with our flaws.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 4, 2013
I bought my first Apple iMac a few months ago---decided to make the switch based on the Microsoft 8. Figured if I had to learn something new, I should probably move to Apple and get something with a proven rating and all my friends were raving about. So, after I got down the basics, I needed Office for Mac to transfer all my previous files. I purchased the download version and it worked great--no problems and up and running within 15 minutes total. Very happy with it and I like to view of the screen better than the regular microsoft version. Highly recommended for those with Apple and need Word, Excel, Powerpoint.
I was afraid to switch over to Mac from Windows because I thought I was going to lose my absolutely necessary lifeline known as Microsoft Word Document. But I made the leap and am SO glad that I did. This software feels JUST like the Word document I was used it, but it actually ran well because it was on a Mac and not a junkie Windows laptop. I honestly am so happy with this program and would highly recommend it!
PS. For anyone unfamiliar with Microsoft Word Document...it is THE BEST word software out there. It trumps Word Perfect, Google Docs, EVERYTHING. It is the very best--easy to use, makes sense, and extremely versatile. Perfect!
on February 3, 2017
I don't know what got into me, but I decided I could buy a Mac computer after working on Windows my entire career, and just pick it up!! What is that about an old dog and new tricks?? 🙃 I immediately ordered this for my Macbook, and surprisingly I have "somewhat" taught myself to use a Mac; but I had to have Office there just to give me confidence. I haven't had to use it much, but when I did it was truly a life-saver. It works well and is very easy to install for those of you who want to really decide which operating system is the best after all!! I personally have no comment!! LOL
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 23, 2014
For many years, this PC user pondered the move to a Mac. Just recently, my daughter gifted me her (slightly-used) Mac Mini. After some tug-o-war moving old files and photos with some help from my Mac-friendly brother, I was in business. Trouble was, I had no word processing software. I tried a free software download suggested by a friend, but I found I just really missed good old Word. So I bit the bullet and purchased this product from Amazon. I was pretty nervous about using it as I am far from tech-savvy and recently retired, so I have no IT guys to call on for help. Amazingly, this thing worked perfectly and I was able to download the works: Word, Power Point, and Excel very easily. I'm pleased and proud -- and delighted to have Word back!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.