Amazon Business Books with Buzz STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery March Birthstone Shop Popular Services animestrike animestrike animestrike  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEM

Format: DVD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 208 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 239 reviews
on April 25, 2015
What new can anyone say about The Office (the Steve Carell seasons)? The more we learn about government at all levels, the too-big-to-fail banking institutions, investment advisors and their corporations, the educational-industrial complex, large, successful, bureaucratic charitable foundations--the more hilarious "The Office" becomes! As the Season One DVD byline puts it, "Petty Behavior... Zero Productivity... All in a Day's Work." It's EVERYWHERE all around us in the real world!
Are we going to laugh or cry? I'm going to LAUGH! I'm right in there with Jim and Pam, expectantly going into the conference room to witness the next self-humiliating Michael Scott meeting presentation...but I get to bring POPCORN!
on February 12, 2013
Ah, the season we've all been dreading. After seven glorious and hilarious years, Michael Scott, played by Steve Carell, is leaving for good. His farewell season isn't as strong as previous seasons, namely two through four, but still offers a lot of laughs and guest appearances. A few of the appearances to note are Kathy Bates as Jo, the head of Sabre and lover of giant dogs, Timothy Olyphant as Danny Cordray, a successful traveling businessman trying to poach clients away from Dunder Mifflin, and Will Ferrell as DeAngelo Vickers, the temporary branch manager that makes Michael look like a business guru.

The majority of the season deals with Michael's departure and who is going to take over. There's a lot of hijinks that occur as a result of potential managers that interview for the branch manager position. The final two episodes have A TON of cameos from well-known comedians, and are hilarious to watch. In true Office fashion, the Halloween and Christmas episodes are some of the best of the season, which is appropriate as they'll be Michael's last. A few other standout episodes for me include "Andy's Play", in which Andy is part of the community theater's rendition of Sweeney Todd, "Threat Level Midnight", the long overdue and hilarious feature film by Michael, "Goodbye Michael" as the touching and appropriate sendoff for Carell, and the two-parter "Search Committee" in which the office searches for Michael's replacement.

This show has always belonged to Carell, who was SO good as the incompetent boss whose awkwardness knew no bounds. I understand the desire to pursue other projects but Steve will truly be missed. I write this review a few season after the fact and can safely say that the show is not the same without him. This is a great final season for him to be featured in.

The set itself contains a lot of funny extras, including blooper reals, deleted scenes, and webisodes. The set also contains the essential extended edition of "Threat Level Midnight."
on February 15, 2014
I love love love the Office. Especially up to about season 4. The only reason I purchased this was because a.) it was cheap and b.) I only had up to season 5 and for the price it was worth completing the collection. That being said, the latter half of the run isn't horrible. I can't seem to pinpoint the moment the show "jumped the shark", it just seems like at some point they just found a spot that had a ton of sharks circling the waters and just hung out there and tried to jump all of them. I really feel like the series finale was one of the best and successfully brought closure to the characters and the show as a whole. I'll still keep watching from season 1 to 9, even if some of the later seasons are a bit painful.
on March 2, 2014
As an Office fan, I loved season 7. However, the packaging on these is unacceptable. I've ordered every season of the Office through amazon and whenever they come individually packaged they are always scratched and slightly torn up on the edges because of the cheap packaging. I've complained to amazon about this and they said that they weren't the ones who sold it to me, but they could give me a refund if I wanted to return. No amazon, I don't want to return it..I just want it to look nice on my shelf. That being said, when they are ordered in a bigger quantity (multiple seasons at once) they are not scratched or torn because they come in a box, not the manilla envelope. My advice: if you plan to own all the seasons, try group your orders together to avoid cheap packaging and damages to your Blu Ray.
on July 12, 2015
This is the season that Steve Carell left, and while still a decent season, the show was getting even more ridiculous with its premises, plots, and new characters. If you have been watching from the beginning you must absolutely follow it all the way through (even after Steve left), but just be prepared for ever-waning quality.
on October 27, 2015
Have you ever wanted to laugh so bad but felt like if you did..you would never stop? No, probably not...but this series did that for me...or
should I say to me. It is brilliant!! Just plain brilliant! Casting was perfection!
on March 2, 2017
Good quality, worked well
on January 11, 2013
The Office is one of my all-time favorite series! I can put it on and watch it anytime and I'm never ever disappointed! I will miss Michael, but all good things come to an end. I have all of the available seasons to watch his brilliance!

This whole series is worth watching over and over...you'll have your favorite episodes, and even seasons...but it's worth watching all of them because there are always funny little nuggets that you might not have noticed on a previous viewing.
The whole cast is just so funny to get to know and watch their actions and reactions and getting to know them is a joy!
on April 10, 2013
I feel that this season is much better than the 6th. of course by this time everyone knew Michael would be leaving the show and everyone who watches this just has to wonder when the proposal is going to be and when he Is actually going to leave. I feel that it gets to be a huge mess once he does leave what with having Dwight be manager then Creed, then no one, it just got a little hard to follow and it made me wish Michael would just come back. the US version was pretty much started so it could star Steve Carrell. so is it really the office without him?
on June 17, 2013
I'm glad I got this product . . . finally and after the 2nd time ordering it. However, I had to order and pay for it TWICE, because I never received it the first time I ordered it from you. I used the tracking number to try to locate it, but that said that it had been delivered to my house on May 18th. I do not work and am home all the time. I did not receive it. I went to both post offices shown in the tracking, but the DVD was not at either of those locations. I have no idea what happened to the first DVD I had ordered.