Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by The Lone Bellow GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 110 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 229 reviews
on January 19, 2017
Edit: I bumped My rating up to 4 stars after their warranty dept did a great job repairing the broken board and sending it back fully charged. Still a bit bummed about paying for the repair. But I must admit they are a solid company!

I bought two rovers for my kids. The boards work very well. They look nice and are really easy to ride. The app is easy to use and music sounds good when you play it on the HB speakers. I gave it 3 stars rather than 4 or 5 because within 1 week of giving my daughter hers the case cracked. The "frame" is aluminum, but the casing around the foot pads is cheaper plastic. My 50 pound daughter squatted down while riding the board and put her weight on the fenders. The casing around the right pad cracked in about 5 places and pieces of plastic fell off. I wasn't worried because these boards are advertised to have a great warranty and that they are "indestructible". But when I contacted them, they said the casing (the most vulnerable and likely to break part) is not covered under warranty. I had to pay $150 to have it repaired. That was very disappointing as I paid a few hundred extra to avoid exactly this type of problem from cheaper boards. The other board is great and have had no issues. And the "broken" board is still fully functional. But with the case cracked, the innards are exposed to the elements. I feel that there is a defect in the broken board and was really bummed to have to shell out more money almost immediately. My kids don't ride aggressively. Mostly just around the house.
review image
33 comments| 36 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 22, 2017
This is my third hoverboard I have been riding ever since the seventies when you actually had to push and this is by far the best hoverboard yet they do not exaggerate my dog loves to run and as long as you can control yourself you can go just right next to the dog and even slow down and go up and down dirt Hills and it's very enjoyable to ride there's literally nothing to clean as long as you keep it out of the mud it stays charged for what seems like an eternity and it sounds and looks great the bag that it comes with is far more than just a duffel bag it's got for hard sides and it's molded to fit the exact model that you get I highly recommend this hoverboard over any other brand and even over the larger hoverboard that this company makes unless you're a bigger person I'm not very large at 200 lb this board is perfect for me so ride safe have fun and get a Halo Rover
on June 19, 2017
This has been the hit of the summer. The setup is quick and easy and using the app is easy. Able to use right out of the box and instructions are easy. The Halo performs well in grass around the lake as well as on the pavement and sidewalk. I was concerned that the Halo would be an overpriced slightly improved hover board, but was pleasantly surprised by quality and operation. Has hundreds of hours in three weeks with no problems and battery outlast three teenagers every day.
on February 27, 2017
Bought this as a gift and he loves it. This wasn't cheap but it seems to have all the features that could possibly be needed. Other than the price, I would purchase again.
on May 28, 2017
My daughter loves her hoverboard!! She uses it all the time! She does her chores while on it to get more practice. It has become an extension of her legs. It took her a matter of minutes to get used to it. I on the other hand fell off immediately and don't plan to try again for a while. So be careful! It's not easy! But kids figure it out quickly. It's pretty impressive. It's heavy duty. And the fact that the battery is safety certified makes us all rest easy. It was worth the money in my book.
on January 4, 2017
Bought this for my 9yr old for Christmas. Very easy to use. She had no problem at all! Only drawback is it's very heavy.
on June 25, 2017
Super quick shipping. My 13 yr old daughter loves it. It rides well on the grass only losing a bit of speed. She picked up on it quick. My 9 yr old rides it on beginner and it's much easier. Totally worth the money. My only comment is the charger unit gets very hot so we make sure not to charge it longer than the directions advise. It also makes very tight turns and turns on a dime. I'm glad we chose to wait (my daughter saved a long time) and bought the better tires and hover board with a case. The video was taken about ten minutes after we got it.
on January 17, 2017
What a absolute best board. My son loves his present and has had a great time with it. Deliver and product was spot on. Thank you .
review image
on May 8, 2017
My sons 13th birthday we gave him the Halo Rover he loves it the speakers are clear and loud he drives it up the hill and through grass a great product a little pricey but worth the value.
on January 4, 2017
Product is so much fun. Ive ridden this and another name brand. This board being off road version, I feel its got a little bit of a roughness that is characteristic of its features-I put that in a GOOD way. It rides smooth, carries my 46 year old 200lb body perfectly. Up my driveway slope, easy enough, goes wayyy to fast in expert mode, I cant keep up so I keep it in Intermediate mode, which is faster than a walk, but slower than a run. I mean 10 mph, thats fast when you actually get going. So far, I love it, the speaker is a cool option, however Id liken it to my 1970's style AM/FM radio speaker. Yes it sounds perfectly fine, but its not STEREO-if it is then its not that great, which is what almost everything is these days. I know, preserve battery, but Id prefer to just use my phones speaker to play sounds/music as the boards is not that loud. I had to get this one because I got my kids one of their own, not this version tho. Im a big kid still and I use it almost daily to put around, so much fun. However, if I had to do it all over again, I think I would just get the normal street versions. The off road just adds to the possibility of an emergency room trip. Oh, and a voice of experience. Us Older folks...DO NOT RIDE THIS WITH A BACKPACK ON! It throws your balance wayyy off kilter and YOU WILL FALL! You and your backside will thank me... :-)