Bubble Witch Saga 3 Vehicles Review Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18_gno

on October 11, 2017
Perhaps this is too niche of a review, but I want to get the information out there.

Let me start off by saying that if you are just looking for your basic working GameCube controller, this will work great for you. For those Melee players out there, i will now go into greater detail.

All of the buttons were crisp and felt very new and unused. The springs on L and R were in perfect working order and i have no complaints. I leave the springs in, if that matters. As far as dash back goes, it was average, nothing special. When dash dancing across FD it works great. Its just the first dash back when starting the dash dance that gives me trouble. Out of 20 attempts, it worked about 13-14 times on average. The Shield drops were again average. Disclaimer, I'm not someone who hits shield drops 100% anyway. With UCF it was very smooth. All other aspects of this controller are perfect. no wiggle at all in the control stick or c stick.

I was slightly uneasy about buying used but the controller i ended up getting was perfect for me.
on July 24, 2016
I love this controller. The cord is a hell of a lot longer than the cord on my previous controller, which mainly means I can actually play from the couch instead of from the floor in front of the couch. Other than that, it's a perfectly functional controller for Gamecube, and I would definitely buy it again.
on February 7, 2015
This is exactly the ones that came with my purple GC, before I got stewped and painted my original controller thus ruining the insides! After going through many shoddy 3rd party ones that would go completely within a year, or have your guy stray left when the joystick is not turning left, I said "what would hurt if $30 went to an official controller" and thus ended up with this for Christmas. No issues and the cord is longer than the Purple one being this was for the Japanese market units. Like most controllers when new, the buttons are kind of stiff but should break in over time.

If you cant find one for a good price, or yours takes to long from Japan, the Smash Bros U Controller (Here: http://www.amazon.com/Super-Smash-GameCube-Controller-Wii-U/dp/B00L3LQ4B4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1423360991&sr=8-1&keywords=smash+bros+controller) is exactly the same as this only in black and with a Smash Bros logo by the start button instead of the "Nintendo GameCube" text. Being there is an currently available alternative to the Japanese white controller, the cheapo 3rd party ones are so not worth it anymore.
on October 1, 2012
This white controller is, in my opinion, the best controller to have if you play super smash brothers melee for the Nintendo gamecube. The controller is very durable (will last for a long time through button mashing), stylish, and you can perform all the technical skills such as L-Cancelling and wavedashing with it. Anyone who is looking to replace their nintendo gamecube controller to play Melee, i strongly recommend getting this one.
on September 7, 2016
This controller is genuine and well-crafted hardware of quality you expect from a Nintendo Gamecube Controller. I bought two controllers and I do not regret buying it at all! Since this is pure genuine Nintendo quality I would recommend you to buy this instead of other 3rd party products.

One thing to note is that if you plan on playing smash bros. with one of these, they come with a longer cable than the original GC ones. If you play with these controllers though you will notice there is slight differences between these, the original ones, and the reprinted super smash bros. ones. The biggest difference is with these and the older ones as the Z, L, and R triggers are a little different in feel and that as a result, they feel a little bit stiffer than the original ones. However, all of the buttons have much more satisfying feedback.
on January 4, 2015
It's a gamecube controller what more can I say?!

I was hesitant enough to buy two of em coming all the way from japan! even though they were like $30 each I ended up buying two, and I thought I was better off doing that because ones here in USA are like about $100 for a brand new one which I thought they were out of their minds for that kind of price range. And used ones were around $20 with most of em being worn with rubber tops ripped off.

So I decided to buy these even though they came all they way from Japan, And boy I was not sorry for spending my money on these controllers. I still haven't opened one yet but i already have on the other one. Cause i already have 2 other controllers. I mainly bought these cause I wanted to play Smash Bros Melee properly cause I have another used genuine one but it's heavily worn. So if your looking for some genuine GameCube Controllers for your Wii or Gamecube then look no further and buy these babies!! :)
on August 17, 2014
I already own a Gamecube Controller Indigo I use it to play Gamecube games on my Nintendo Wii, but the draw back with the indigo controller is that the cable is too short, so I have to use an extension but that makes the cable too long, then I try a KMD Komodo Shockwave Wireless Black Controller but the Gamecube games that I enjoy (The Legend of Zelda Windwalker and Four Swords), the batteries simply don't last to enjoy those long run games, so I decided to give a change to this white controller.

My impression so far is that is the best controller available for Gamecube that I have used, they have an amazing grip, the plastic is awesome, your hand fits perfectly and they don't make you feel uncomfortable at any time and the cable is the perfect size to use the console like I do a 2.5 Meters from the TV.

I already have the opinion that the Gamecube controllers had the best Analog available, I said that with the indigo, now this white controller improves all the features the indigo controller had, so this is the perfect controller.

As a fun fact this controllers are also made in China, as everything else, I expected they were made in Japan due the outstanding quality, and also the instructions coming with them only talks about the Nintendo Wii, so seems they are build for people like me, who don't own a Gamecube and now with a Nintendo Wii wants to enjoy the rich catalog of games that console had.
on September 6, 2016
This controller is made by Nintendo and the build quality is fantastic. I've one of these for over 12 years and it's still going strong.
If you're going to play Melee competitively then this is a must have. The third party knockoff controllers are trash. They won't last nearly as long and are made extremely cheap. The first party Nintendo ones are worth the extra $10. You can even tell the difference in quality just by feeling the materials used. The first party ones feel significantly better.

If you found this review helpful then please hit that helpful button.
on February 12, 2018
Melee player here. Got it used for a great price. It's about as perfect as you could hope for a controller to be for that price. It's not optimal for shield dropping or similar heavily technically gameplay without getting shield drop notches, but that's the case for most great controllers anyway. The only problem is, if you get it used like I did, it might not come perfectly clean, so you might need to briefly clean it first before using it. Far more consistent at things like short-hopping, dash-back, pivots, wavedashing, and L-canceling than the original 2001-2006 era controllers. It seems to have a slightly smaller width of control stick motion, which has its advantages and disadvantages. I find that turn around up tilt is slightly harder on this than previous controllers. But smash DI and dash-dancing are easier. The longer cord is great, except it can be frustrating if it gets tangled. Overall, a very worthwhile investment if you're hoping to move up a bit in Melee compared to where you were on your older/heavily used controller. It should have a good lifespan too, and not wear out on you for quite a few years. Used, it's not quite a top tier controller. But it's pretty near guaranteed to be higher quality than what you had previous if you didn't have a top tier controller, and is a pretty safe investment. New, it's probably closer to a top tier controller, if you think it's worth that much more money.
on July 10, 2013
This controller is a bargain and a life-saver for gamers like myself.

One of the unfortunate problems with older gaming systems like the Nintendo Gamecube is that once newer systems come out and manufacturing slows and stops, the prices skyrocket. So when my Gamecube controller was destroyed in a flood, I was pretty much out of luck. Used video-game controllers are very hit and miss (I've bought several that just flat-out didn't work), and new controllers for the Gamecube cost anywhere from $60-$200 here in the US because they aren't manufactured anymore. (That's the price for official controllers, I don't mess with crummy third-party controllers) I was genuinely sad, because some of my favorite games of all time were released on the very underrated Gamecube, and I was doomed to be unable to play them anymore.

Thankfully, I stumbled onto this and ordered one, and it was a tremendous find and a great purchase, mainly because it is very affordable, only costing about $40 or so with shipping, saving the buyer a significant amount of money.

Even though it's imported from Japan, this official Gamecube controller will work on American Gamecube and Wii systems, so don't worry. It features a very nice white colorscheme that matches the Wii, and has a 10' cord (a few feet longer than the controller's regular cord) which allows the player to sit back a bit more even though they are still corded to the system.

The controller feels good in the hands and is very sturdy. The only slight complaint I have is that the shoulder buttons feel a bit "hollow" and light, but it's nothing to worry about, it's a very minor complaint.

Honestly, if you need a new Gamecube controller, this is the way to go. Don't waste money on the pathetically expensive controllers here in the US... buy one of these, it's the same thing and costs a lot less.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.