Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-8 of 8 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 14 reviews
on February 14, 2016
Wonderful book of activities that my daughter and I use with my grandchildren. A big variety...some old ideas, some revamping of old ideas, and some I hadn't heard! Something for all ages! All in one concise book...I think the Forward, or Introduction, says it simply...it's not to replace the electronics to which we are so attached to, but rather, to find activities to get us away from those tablets even if we are using the Kindle to read the book! LOL!!! Delightful, fun activities! Pay attention to the little graphics corresponding to the activity. For example, the spool activity (#2, or #3)...it said "see a" and "See b"...and I'm going "Where????" I don't see any of that...but finally noticed that the drawing at the beginning showed steps a and steps b...DUH!! Highly recommend for enjoying with the children so that they can have on-hands experiences apart from their computers, tablets, etc
on May 19, 2012
Decent collection of non-computer, non-gadget activities for children which I (ironically) read on my Kindle. While there are a few building and craft activities, the book's emphasis is on word games. Most of the activities are too advanced for my three-year-old, but I will certainly come back to this book for ideas as she gets older.
on March 13, 2014
sometimes my wife downloads these books and never takes the time to even start reading them. I have the habit of reading half then stopping so cant say much
on February 9, 2014
This book is wonderful! It should be given to all parents because nowadays we need more ways to get our kids away from screen time! Great book and well written!
on March 24, 2012
Winter certainly can last what seems like an eternity. This book gives many ideas for childrens activities. The instructions are easily followed with items most of us have around the house.
on May 26, 2012
I have a Gramma camp each year for my grand kids and this book has several good ideas to help keep them busy . I look forward to seeing how much they enjoy them.
on January 4, 2013
Good info. Easy read. Nothing to rave about but as a free kindle download, I enjoyed it. Would recommend to anyone.
on April 18, 2012
I wanted this book for ideas to entertain my gransons. The oldest gets bored quickly. These games and crafts reminded me of the games my grandmother played with me and my sisters. And we always had a great time with her.