BCA Month Salon Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by st vincent PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment outlanders3premiere outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now HTL17_gno

on May 8, 2011
Really high quality luggage. Sturdy and well designed; lots of grab-handles. Pay attention to your airline's carry-on dimensions. This bag is borderline carry-on for a lot of airlines. Technically, the actual measurements are larger than the mfr states. The wheels stick out a little too far --- great for packing, not for fitting into an overhead compartment on a smaller jet. At 11x14.5x23 (measured with the protruding wheels) it doesn't meet United's (or a lot of other airlines) dimension requirements (9x14x22), but I luckily didn't overpack and could squash it flat enough (9") to stuff it in. Wheels "just" fit (14" width dim. is actually 14 1/2") and could still close overhead compartment door. Close call. C'mon OGIO, you make great luggage --- if you say the bag is 10x14x22 that's what it SHOULD be---including the wheels!!!
0Comment| 97 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 22, 2015
This is my favorite bag from Ogio. My last Ogio Layover was stolen (growl) so it was a bitter replacement. I can easily pack several days into it with gym clothes and at least one pair of shoes. Sometimes I take off with this bag with a weeks worth of clothing without hesitation. It fits. The front pouches are also convenient for the stuff TSA likes to look at.
The only reason for 4/5 stars is the handle. They improved the material of the handles to a more sturdy, stout aluminum and it telescopes out in a single stage where many bags have a two stage telescoping handle. What I do not like is the shape of the handle where you hold it. It feels weird and opposite of ergonomic. When I turn my hand upside down, it feels completely good but the way I carry it, it feels off and not ergonomic. Not a deal breaker for me, but I wish the engineers that designed it would have asked someone to try to use it before putting it on the market.
on September 25, 2017
I had the precursor to this bag, which I loved, but unfortunately it fell over and bent the retractable handle arms making it unusable. I figured this would be the new and improved version of what I had. I was wrong. It is new, but it’s actually less usable. The handle does not raise as high causing me to continually kick the bag while I’m pulling it. Inside the bag the front portion has been divided into two sections. This has made that section of the bag less useful because I am unable to fit nearly as much stuff into that section. The zippered covers don’t stretch, again making it less usable. Because of this what I could once use to pack for a five day trip and still carry-on has drastically been reduced. In order to fit as much into this bag as my older version I now have to unzip the extension. Not an issue if I’m driving, but rendering this bag useless as a carry-on for anything less than a four day trip (and I know how to pack efficiently).

This bag is well made, does fit into an overhead (if it is not extended of course), and rolls well with the newer wheels. The new handle extension is also much sturdier and I don’t think it will bend like the older version did after a fall. All of that being said I think this bag misses the mark unfortunately. The negatives outweigh the few improvements. It seems Ogio took one step forward only to take two steps back on this one.
on January 23, 2016
I've had an Ogio Layover bag of my own for several years. It has been all over the country and internationally as well. It does well on business or vacation. This has to be the sturdiest rolling bag I've ever used. The extendable handle is well protected which is important as that is the piece that is most frequently damaged during travel. The zippers are sturdy and always close easily. The material is very strong and I've yet to see any wearing or ripping. If extra space is needed the bag can extend outwards with a well designed zippered extension. This is great for stuffing in extra clothing or souvenirs.

I purchased a second Layover recently for my wife who's always been envious of mine. Her old generic brand rolling bag was literally falling apart and it was time for an upgrade. She's already used her new Layover for several trips and loves it. I'm sure it will treat her well for a long time.

I'd recommend this roller for pretty much any traveler. It is small enough to be used as an overhead bag. I've used it for long weekends as well as 7+ day trips. If you pack efficiently it can handle whatever you need.
on January 26, 2016
Great Zippers! Handles a bit too short, I'm 6ft. Bag is a real hassle to cram into the overhead compartments, wheels stick out too far... Additionally, was on the train in London and the bag was too large for the above storage seating, meaning you have to stand with you bag by the doors for almost 2 hours. It's a well made bag but I would not consider it a carryon.
on May 26, 2016
The handle extends a little less than my previous bag so that is not perfect. The bag also wobbles and falls easily when rolling from the handle - worse than my last bag. But other than that, it is a nice bag for the money.
on February 26, 2016
I travel very often and my samsonite of 15 years has just ripped. My buddy swears by the OGIO Layover and I gave it a shot despite I was looking for a luggage that has 4 wheels. Plenty of space in this luggage and when you unzip the expansion its even better.
I wish it had 4 wheels, its hard to roll this bag when carrying backpack and gift bag.Also I wish it had a bigger outside pocket to stash light jackets..

Other than that.. its a great bag.. I planning on traveling another 15 years with this bag now..
on July 28, 2017
It is okay. I like the size, I dislike that it doesn't have the wheels that go all ways. However As much as I travel, it has held up well
on May 21, 2016
This is now the 4th Ogio product I own. They are a high-quality, durable brand. The bag fit well on Frontier--which has larger overheads--but United and AA are smaller than the the bag, so if it's overpacked it probably won't fit and will need to be (gate) checked
on September 5, 2013
I ordered two of these (one for me, one for my husband) and we both love, love, LOVE this suitcase. My husband says (every time he packs) he is just amazed at the amount of stuff he can fit in this bag... and it still counts as a carry-on (with Delta, anyway). I love mine too, very smart bag, easy to pack, easy to grab (lots of handles), and judging by my husbands last Ogio Layover, it should last me (us) for years to come...

If I had to say something negative, it is that the front pocket is not large enough for a magazine...

The word "backpack" is a mistake (thankfully). This is not a backpack, has no straps like a backpack and I cannot figure out why it is labeled as a "backpack.". It is a carry-on sized suitcase.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.