Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon westworldS2 westworldS2 westworldS2  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Start your Baby Registry

Oh, the Places You'll Go!
Format: Hardcover|Change

on November 22, 2016
I have bought 4 of these so far. I use these for my kids. I started my daughters at her baby shower. On one page I had every guest sign the book instead of signing a guest book, then I titled the page with sticker's saying "Baby Shower Guests" everyone wrote a special message. Then I brought it to the hospital and had all visitors sign it and again titled that page "My first visitors" the plan with hers is to do the same as I did with my other children's books but didn't start as early. The front pages are Mom's and Dad's pages to write a letter to our Daughter when she was born and in the middle we are going to have all significant adults in her life sign the book whether it be teachers, coaches, baby sitters, etc. then on the last two pages, Mom and Dad are going to write a graduation letter to her and in the back of the book we have set aside a section for her graduation party guest book. We will use this book at every major event in her life from here on out until she leaves the nest! It comes in a solid case which keeps it protected.
11 comment| 36 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
VINE VOICEon April 19, 2016
What is there to say about this book that hasn't already been said?! It makes a great Graduation gift (I bought 8 of them on Amazon for HALF of the list price!) and is a timeless classic.

This is the exact same quality, hardcover book (with dustcover!) but at half the price. Thanks, Amazon!
22 comments| 15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 9, 2017
This is my favorite Dr. Seuss book. I have read it to elementary students and to high school students; they all seem to like it, too. It is a wonderful gift for a graduating senior to take with him/her on life's journey, to read at will, and to re-read whenever he/she gets discouraged with college/work life. Everyone should read this book at least one in his/her lifetime and heed what it says. I've given away every copy I've ever bought,so now it's time to buy myself another one. "Oh, the places you'll go!"
on December 15, 2017
I gave this book to my stepchildren when they graduated from college. I read it myself in my 30s because I was a freelance writer, and this simple book helped me gather the courage to open myself to all the possibilities. I had a very successful career as a freelance writer of only non-fiction. In my retirement, I need to read this again as I'm now writing and indie publishing serious mid-grade/young adult fiction as Pleasant Oliver and once again, I need its boost of enthusiasm and courage for all the wonderful possibilities and opportunities that are going to come my way! In Spring 2018, I will give it my great nephew as he graduates from high school, and in later years, I will give it my other great nieces and nephews when they graduate from high school--maybe again when they graduate from college!
on December 20, 2017
Classic Dr. Seuss story. What more needs to be said?

We purchased one copy for each of our kids. We have their coaches, teachers, etc. sign the book after each season with a little message. We plan to give them the books when they graduate from high school. What's really neat is they are 6 and 11 and have no clue we have been doing this. Hopefully we can keep that up and it makes a nice surprise and keepsake for them.
on August 6, 2017
AMAZING BOOK!! As a near 40 yr old man i was never given the in depth understanding to the sheer WISDOM of Dr. Seuss. Thankfully I was recently helping a friend of mine prepare to give a graduation racing of this book to get graduating seniors (magnet dance) and WOW!! I thought I was helping her, turns out her reintroducing Dr. Seuss to me was one of the best things time happen all year. PHENOMENAL book that I'm striving to memorize in order to seamlessly regurgitate to my daughter. This reading to high school graduates is absolutely perfect!!
on June 21, 2017
I would say every kid should have this book. We bought two for each of our kids. It is too early for them to understand the book, but we asked their teachers to write some notes each year and we plan to give them the book when they go to college.

The story is not a typical Dr. Seuss story, but the words still are. I hope my kids can eventually understand the wisdom in the book.
on August 14, 2017
We got 2 of these for our son and daughter's teachers to sign as they grow up (to give them when they graduate). We're also writing letters to put within the pages over the years. The books are of great quality and should stand the test of time. I've also seen them used as 'advice books' where guests at graduation parties write little bits of advice for the graduates.
on August 18, 2017
Love this book. Started one for each of my kids. I have their teachers sign them with a little message at the end of the year. Dont worry if your kid is in a later grade, its never too late to start doing it. If your child is a senior, see if the principal, school councilor, his/her teachers, and family will leave an encouraging and uplifting note.
on August 25, 2017
I purchased this as a gift for my Goddaughter's high school graduation. I stole the idea from a good friend of mine! I wrote a personal note for her inside the front cover. She loved it! I recommend this to everyone looking for a unique graduation gift for someone special in your lives (oh, and young kids love the story, too)!