Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Pimsleur Ojibwe Basic Course - Level 1 Lessons 1-10 CD: Learn to Speak and Understand Ojibwe with Pimsleur Language Programs
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on January 11, 2008
The CD program is excellently prepared and the Native voices are well spaced and carefully enunciated permitting the student time to formulate the sounds and repeat each lesson. The draw back is to remember this is not a fully interactive CD program in that the hearer cannot meter or record his/her responce as can be done in the more expensive language programs. I recomend the program to those who will be in a possition to practise the language with other Ojibwe speakers who can give correction and encouragment. Many if not most Native Languages can prove to be very difficult in the beginning for Anglo-phones or practically anyone whose linguisic history is based soley on European language structure. If the student keeps that in mind, then this language program is an excellent tool in its price range. There are many so called dialects in the (Anishinabe) Ojibwe communities. Do not assume one to be more or less correct that another. The correct way is the way your particular mentor or teachers tell you while you are learning. Greater success will come if the student is open to working through the many different regional dialects.
on August 23, 2011
Hello, it's a nice day!
I recommend this to anyone interested in learning Anishinaabemowin. Agree with reviewer that it is most excellent for people who are able to practice with native speakers. But, if you werent going to use it for that reason, I can't see why you wouldn't use this also. It is easy and you see results right away. I find retention is very good, compared with classroom language learning. Keep in mind, the dialect you hear is Leech Lake, Red Lake and White Earth speakers. I am from Lake of the Woods and our dialect is a little different. I have been trying out some phrases on the elders that I know and they are correcting me. It is much better than learning from a book and when you hook up with a person who is a native speaker you are ready to go!
on August 29, 2008
This CD set is wonderful. I have learned so much. This is one of the best resources for starting to learn the Ojibwe language.
on January 23, 2014
We like the set of ten CDs but wish the narrators provided better instruction in how to say the words through syllables in order they are spoken rather than backwards. For example, they teach you how to say Anishinaabe by having you repeat each syllable backwards several times (i.e., be, naa, i, nish, A) rather than in the order it's be spoken (i.e., A nish i naa be).
on December 22, 2008
The fact that this project exists is great! My son, who has Ojibwe heritage, now has an opportunity to learn this language.
on February 3, 2013
I first ordered just the first 10-lesson set. It was so good I ordered the full set as it left me hunger to learn more.

This is a language and culture worth learning more about. Easy to learn while driving in your car or put it on your ipod to hear while on the train, walking, jogging...whatever. Very rewarding.
on January 24, 2013
I have always wanted to learn my ancestors language. With this method it was easy to use. I like how the words or sentence is repeated by a man and then a woman. It made it easier to understand what was being said and how it could be pronounce slightly different.
on September 7, 2014
It is hard for me to put in words just how much fun it is to speak Ojibwa. It is an Algonkian language. It feels, when spoken, like walking through the northern woods, seeing streams, wildlife, and generally just enjoying nature. That makes no sense, of course. I learned my first Ojibwa from an Ojibwa elder, regrettably now gone. This language is as much fun as Dakota.
on November 16, 2013
Excellent resource for a complex and ever changing language. I think I'd have to be in a community where the language was spoken regularly to be able to speak with comfort.
on February 15, 2011
Very pleased with the product and how it was received and when I received it. The ad was set up well so that I had an idea what was being sent to me and what to expect.