To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
The Oklahoma City Bombing and the Politics of Terror Paperback – April, 1998
Wiley Summer Savings Event.
Save up to 40% during Wiley's Summer Savings Event. Learn more.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
I wasn't satisfied with just his word so I started digging. What I found really bothered me. This book is 180 degrees from what you have heard on the news. Some of the other reviewers have noted specifics so I won't repeat them but let it suffice to say that there is evidence that supports the case that the government either knew about that bombing and didn't stop it or that the government itself is directly responsible.
I read this book thinking that this or that testimony is simply not provable and that this or that fact is probably being misinterpreted because I didn't want to get sucked into any cockamamie conspiracy theories but there's just too much that is odd about this case to accept the version that the government claims is true.
For instance, if Tim McVeigh had just set off a massive bomb that was bound to kill many people why would he meekly surrender to a traffic cop 45 minutes later when he was armed? Why balk at killing a cop when you just killed 168 people with truck bomb?
Likewise, Terry Nichols walks into a police station after seeing his face on the news and surrenders. The FBI then finds all this bomb making equipment and other evidence at his farm. Why didn't he try to destroy or hide this damning evidence before he just walks in and hands himself over for the crime of the century?
Was it because they were both just stupid or was it because they needed to be caught to advance a larger conspiracy?Read more ›
- Tim McVeigh was not alone on the day of the bombing. His companions included at least one unindicted co-conspirator, the infamous John Doe 2, whom the FBI is making no attempt to find. JD2 and other unarrested, unsought persons accompanied and assisted McVeigh in the days and weeks before the bombing. The Government's accounts of McVeigh's movements, activities, and sources of funds are incomplete when they are not unbelievable.
- A crude fertilizer bomb would have been much too weak to cause the damage observed. Therefore, other explosives were employed - either in the truck or the building or both - to destroy the APMB. Since acquisition of such materials was beyond McVeigh's and Terry Nichols' means, they must have had help getting them.
- Not all of the persons killed in the blast have been accounted for. In particular, a severed leg found in the wreckage did not come from a named victim, and therefore may have belonged to an additional bomber.
- The ATF and US Marshal's office had specific prior knowledge of plans to attack the Federal Building, on or near the date of the attack, and acted upon that knowledge, but did little or nothing to prevent the attack.
- Evidence responsive to the question of the identity of McVeigh's companion(s) - specifically, security camera tapes from various locations - has been confiscated and suppressed by the Government.Read more ›
In fact our political infrastructure surrendered to the monsters long ago, and consists of a legion of chislers making whatever shady deals and compromises needed to get the days business done. Sometimes the mask slips and the sordid natuire of the beast is revealed like the Ex govenor of Illinois and his blatent selling of a senatorial appointment to replace Obama. But mostly, the public facade is kept intact, and the public are fed bogus "intelligence" from talking heads at PBS, or for the low brows, CNN.
The truth disturbs because Americans do not like to think of themselves living in the same kind of political sewer that is only supposed to exist in Banana Republics. It disturbs because it demands of those with a sense of ethics, the requirement to take action, and the knowledge that it is virtually the entire government hierarchy that one is ethically required to oppose, not just an odd crooked politician or two.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
All I can say is amazing book.no regiment to anyone that has questions concerning our messed up gov.! Read morePublished on September 3, 2013 by angelwings
i would recommend this book to anyone who wants to find out about the FBI im only half way through bookPublished on July 21, 2013 by randy knapp
This book cites the facts. The reason the used price is so low is because it is mysteriously going ex library. You know what to do.Published on December 4, 2009 by William Scott
"DETAILED EVIDENCE ABOUT THE U.S. GOVERNMENT'S unholy alliance with the terrorist underworld---and of a sting operation that led to the Oklahoma City bombing---will no doubt shock... Read morePublished on October 23, 2008 by Aung Htun
Like the Warren Commission Report on the murder of John F. Kennedy, we have another super bullet or in this case bomb that can do stuff that can't be done(in science or logic). Read morePublished on December 12, 2005 by Larry S,
This manuscript of this book is available online, and is well worth a look before purchasing the book. Read morePublished on March 26, 2004
This book is extremely well researched and stunning in its conclusions. That this event could happen as described should shake to the core every American's faith in governments... Read morePublished on April 2, 2003
There is so much information in this book which has not appeared in any media reports that any attempt to indicate its importance is sure to remind those who are content to remain... Read morePublished on September 26, 2000 by Bruce P. Barten