Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Olay Regenerist Regenerating Cream Cleanser, 5 Fluid Ounce (Pack of 3)
Amazon Vehicles Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer power_s3 power_s3 power_s3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now

Style Name: Regenerating Cream Cleanser|Change

on July 25, 2014
I'm not a really vain person. I have a terminal illness, and appearance is the last thing on my mind, so things like makeup and such are simply not important in the scheme of things. But the skin on my face has been so dull and lifeless after spending so much time in the hospital. I was rubbing my face and getting dead skin off of it and it made me look old and even sicker than I am.

I have tried several different products to help me make my face look and feel better, not for vanity but more for health purposes. I looked 'sick' and I wanted to bring some 'life' back to my face. This product does that! I've been using it regularly now for about a month and my face is smoother, brighter, less dull, and the skin feels softer instead of so dull and dry. It's very gentle on my face, but at the same time, it scrubs the dead skin and dirt and all the other stuff that makes me look unwell right off my face.

I highly recommend this product. If you have an electric skin polisher, this is a great product to use with that as well. I love it!
on December 29, 2011
Olay Regenerist Advanced Anti-Aging Cleanser, 5 Ounce (Pack of 3)

I love this product, keeps my face clean without drying it out too much. I used it daily and only used my proactive when I break out or it looks like I might (not so much since using this daily).

Word of caution: be care of some of the sellers selling this, I order a 3 pack, and only got one, but thanks to Amazon Amazing Customer service, I was refunded my money after the seller promised to fix it and then refused to follow up on it.
on July 17, 2010
I've always had oily skin and have wrestled with acne as an adult. I've tried countless products over the years, and facials, which only make me break out more. I finally decided to try the Regenerist line and I'm so glad I did. Everything I've tried has worked well, but this particular scrub is my favorite. It's excellent. It cleans very well but does not dry. I do not need to follow with a moisturizer, and that's great for me because moisturizers are what seem to do me in. That was always the problem with the facials...layer upon layer of creams and the next day I'd be covered in blackheads. Definitely give this a try! Especially if you have oily skin. Amazon's price is also quite good considering you get two tubes.
on July 28, 2014
I have almost finished using my first tube of this cleanser, and haven't decided yet whether I like it enough to coninue. The pros and cons for me are almost balanced, but I think this is a product that most people either really like or don't.

This is a creamy cleanser, not a foaming one. It squeezes from the tube like toothpaste, not liquid, and it remains creamy on your face as you wash. My main issue is that my face doesn't feel "clean" once I rinse the cleanser off; I realize this is because it leaves behind a thin moisturizing layer of protection. I prefer to have a freshly-scrubbed face after washing, and then proceed with separate moisturizers/serums. I am finding that I end up over-scrubbing my face with a washcloth to rinse, which is not optimal.

I do really like the feel of the fine granules in the cleanser, and my face feels much smoother than it did before I started using this product, so that's a good result. I've started using this cleanser only at bedtime instead of in the morning (where it seemed too greasy for makeup application), and will see if my skin still stays smooth under that modified regimen. Users with dry skin will probably have no issue using it as an everyday cleanser.
on August 2, 2011
This is nice cleanser with a gentle scent. However I bought this thinking it was a scrub. It's a cleanser that happens to have a little exfoliation to it. I didn't notice smaller pores. I'll finish the 2 tubes as a cleanser, but I need a separate scrub to really exfoliate.
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on October 13, 2011
I like to use this face wash a couple times each week as an exfoliating wash. The "micro beads" aren't too scratchy or overabundant, an issue I have run into with other scrubs. The only thing I dislike about this cleanser is the smell. It isn't necessarily bad, but it is a pungent sort of aroma that can be overbearing. I would describe the fragrance as being like an elderly woman's perfume, mixed with cough syrup. I wish it was just unscented or lightly scented, or just had that "clean" smell rather than a perfumed, flowery smell. It keeps me from using the product more frequently and makes me wonder if it is gentle enough on my skin, having such an overpowering fragrance. I still recommend it, but if you have a sensitive sense of smell like I do, take that into account.
77 comments| 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 2, 2011
I have ordered the Olay Regenerist Advanced Anti-Aging Cleanser several times. I find it makes your skin look and feel much fresher and more attractive than before. I would highly recommend it.
on January 1, 2011
I'm in my late 20's and started using Regenerist products as a preventive measure. I've been using this stuff for about a year now and I can't get over how wonderful it makes my skin look and feel. I happen to have dry/combination skin, but I can use this daily without irritation or over drying. It gives my skin a healthy glow, and keeps gnarly blackheads at bay. I notice a significant difference (dullness, more blackheads on my T-Zone, less softness) when I don't use it. I've had issues in the past with dullness and dry patches on my cheeks before using this, and those issues haven't returned since. At any age, this product is magic.
on September 8, 2013
I purchased Olay Regenerist detoxifying pore scrub to use with the Olay Pro X brush. The combination of the pore scrub and brush is very effective in removing makeup, opening up clogged pores and cleansing the face without drying it out. The scrubbing beads are very small and don’t irritate my sensitive skin. After using the scrub and the brush twice a day for a couple of weeks, I noticed that some of the clogged pores were opening up. As I continued using the products, my skin became smoother and clearer. After 3 months my enlarged pores definitely look smaller. I don't know whether the scrub or the brush is doing the most good but the combination definitely works well for me. I do not find the light fragrance the least bit offensive. I would definitely recommend this product, especially if you have clogged pores.
I also use Regenerist Microscultping Cream as a night time moisturizer and Olay Total Effects 7 in One moisturizer with sunscreen during the day.
on December 25, 2013
I bought this locally as I thought I'd give it a try. I am in my early 40's and had to surrender to the fact that my skin is changing and the products I had been using just weren't right for my skin anymore.
Enlarged pores have always been a problem. I have a classic T-Zone, though my T-Zone is getting narrower as I age. My nose, chin and center of forehead are trouble areas. I was impressed with how effective this product has been in those areas. I noticed a difference after the first night. I awoke the next morning and noticed a difference on my nose. A week later, my chin. It took a few more weeks to notice a difference on my forehead. Smaller, more clear pores. And smoother skin all over.

I was so impressed with the results of this product that I added it to my Subscriptions through Amazon. It's now become a product I use every day. I find this scrub gentle enough to use once a day, at night. I tried using it in the morning, too, and found this too much for my skin (fair, a little sensitive, sometimes red). As with any scrub, moderation is key. It does a great job cleaning pores and refining skin texture. And the price is great, it's a savings over what I paid locally.