Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 STEM March Birthstone Book House Cleaning SneakyPete SneakyPete SneakyPete  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tackle Any Terrain with Cycling on Amazon STEM

Style Name: Fragrance Free Micro-Sculpting Serum|Change

Showing 1-10 of 2,058 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,890 reviews
on February 14, 2007
I am 39 years old and have very sensitive skin, and because of that I had been using fragrance-free products by Clinique. I always thought I looked pretty young until I saw a picture of myself at 29. My skin was so much better looking! After doing some research I decided to give this a try based upon the favorable reviews, low cost and the fact that it's fragrance free. (Perfumed lotions make me sneeze).

After one use, I noticed a few things. My skin did tingle slightly for a couple of hours, but it wasn't painful; just mildly annoying. But there was no rash or irritation. My cheeks looked a bit red, however it appeared more like a natural tint. The second thing I noticed is that my skin almost immediately looked better! I know that sounds crazy. I also didn't need to put on any blush because of the tint I mentioned. As the day wore on, the tingling went away. (I also started using Neutrogena Light Night Cream for a moisturizer- it's fragrance-free, and doesn't have sunscreen which I don't need every day.)

I applied it the next morning again and noticed the same things. I decided to try it every other day and have to say I REALLY notice a difference! My skin looks almost as good as my pic from ten years ago.

I think the minor discomfort I mentioned is due to my sensitivity to most products, but because I am so pleased with the results I'm sticking with it.

Update: After using this for a week I no longer have any sensitivity and my skin is incredibly soft and luminous!

Update 11/2013: I'm going to be turning 46 and still use and love this item!
1919 comments| 731 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 4, 2016
This is a fabulous serum and a long time favorite. Simply put this serum provides a great backdrop for other moisturizers and/or face oils. It contains many vitamins and ingredients used to provide anti-aging properties, moisturization and collagen stimulation. Very little product is needed which makes this little bottle last a very long time which works out to be very economical. The product also contains just a bit of sheen this looks very nice when blended into the skin and should work great under makeup too. I work from home and don't often wear makeup but I have often thought this is a very nice product to apply with it. I would highly recommend this serum for all skin types. For those of you who tend to have dryer skin like myself I will say that you will want to apply an additional moisturizer and/or face oil with it. This will ensure that you're receiving all the anti-aging properties of this serum along with the moisture that your skin needs.

I hope this review helps you! :) I try to be objective, detailed and always completely honest with my reviews. I love to help others to make smart buying choices for themselves. If this review was helpful to you, please click on the YES button. This will make it easier for others to find the review so that they may be helped as well.
on January 7, 2008
After one month of daily use, here is my verdict: This stuff works. It's not magic, it's not a miracle, it doesn't transform every wrinkle and age spot. But it makes your skin look BETTER than before, which is all we can really hope for, isn't it?

I've noticed a somewhat dramatic change in the fine lines around my eyes (no, I don't use a separate eye cream). They are smoother and much less noticeable. The few age spots I've developed seem to be lighter. Overall, looking at my face in the mirror now, I sometimes have to do a double-take because my skin looks so much better and brighter. The permanent dark circles under my eyes are even lighter.

I have acne prone skin and I was nervous about using a new moisturizer, but quickly found that my skin actually CLEARED UP while using this product. Likely, it was due to my regimented focus on skin care in general, but this did NOT contribute to any breakouts at all.

This is one product I can see myself using for a very long time.

Update: Four years later, and I'm still using this product regularly. I stopped for a few months at one point and found my skin started to look somewhat dull. Being in my 40s, this is prime aging time, but I don't feel that my face is betraying me anymore. I have to give Olay a little bit of the credit.
55 comments| 333 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 25, 2015
What can I say? You already know it's good. Can't beat the price. PS I started using on my aging hands (since I already use another Olay Regenerist cream on my face) .Really helps them. PPS I'm 67 and have been using the Regenerist line of Olay's face creams ever since they came out -evey day without fail - because Dr. Dean Adler said peptides actually do reduce & prevent fine line wrinkles. He then gave out names of the products that have peptides, and the Olay Regenerist creams were the only ones I could afford. It's been 20 years since then and I have very few wrinkles (and the ones I do have were there when I started using the creams) . I haven't used any other face creams so I think I can safely say the Regenerist creams (with peptides) really DO work.
on December 21, 2016
My face is combination dry and oily. Some patches are super dry and some areas are really oily. Trying to find the perfect facial moisturizer was really hard. I've tried Catiphil for sensitive skin and many other like brands, however, the issue persisted. I might have a slight psoriasis problem on my face as well and that is why it has to be the right moisturizer or else my face will become really red, super flaky and itchy.

I was in desperate need of something to help combat that issue and at the same time feels light on my face and be fragrance free. I did a lot of research and after reading reviews upon reviews of Olay Regenerist moisturizer, I decided to give it a try. After three days of morning usage, my dry-red-flakey-itchy face healed. My face is smooth and doesn't exhibit red itchy patches! I highly encouraged anyone who have the same issue to give this a try and good luck. I ordered two more bottles, never want to be without it again.
on August 23, 2016
This is okay but not very moisturizing.
Honestly at this point I'm only using it so that I don't throw it out without finishing it.
I was expecting it to be more moisturizing and make a difference but I've been using it every morning and have not seen a difference in my skin.
I have normal to dry skin and my nose needs exfoliation at least 3 times a week... This does not help dry skin... it's just a normal creamy serum.
Nothing special. At times it can bunch up and crumble.
on May 29, 2014
There's hundreds of 5-star reviews out there on this product, but thought I'd throw mine out there too. I am 48, in good shape and with decent skin, just trying to "maintain" the looks! I've used this for some years now but every so often deviate and try something new - well enough of that! Just got done reviewing the worst thing I've used in awhile (DMAE Firming Fluid, FYI), SO I am never "cheating" on this Olay serum ever again! Why is it so great? First off fragrance free is awesome, it's moisturizing without being greasy, it smooths, soothes, plumps, fills the pores, goes right over the EYES too with no irritation, makes your makeup glide on & then stay put - you know, everything we need! SO if all the other reviews haven't convinced you to try it, hopefully mine will!
on April 4, 2016
I have yet to come across an Olay product I don't like, and as the beauty experts will tell you"it's never too early to use an anti aging ". Given our sun exposure, elevation ( I live at 6,000 feet) pollution,etc.. There are too many environmental factors to count.
This serum goes on smoothly and I use it both morning or night. Morning I find better because it is a lighter formula.Over The time I have been using it (3 months now). I have noticed my blemish scares fade, skin tone change and overall skin look better. Unfortunately, you start to use a cream/serum and it doesn't work and into the trash it goes. You actually though need to utilize the same skin regimen for 3 months. This is the time it takes for your skin cells to completely regenerate, and this can be frustrating and a pull on your pocketbook. One of the main reasons I go with Olay. If the professionals artists choose it That's an excellent recommendation for me.
on April 28, 2014
At sixty-four, I've used all kinds of moisturizers. Having had dry skin my whole life, I started to use a moisturizer when I was about seventeen. I didn't wear a foundation; just moisturizer and lipstick. Without the former, I'd be a mass of wrinkles at my current age. Without the latter, someone would have already buried me because I look like I'm dead with no lipstick.

I never bothered with drug store moisturizers much because I was a snob; plain and simple. In high school, I worked downtown and bought my moisturizer in the local department store. I think my first moisturizer was made by Clinique and from there, I just kept trying others. Seriously, how dry did I think my skin was? Plain old Vaseline would have worked just fine. Ah, but ignorance was bliss and I never knew how uneducated I was until I read a book by Paula Begoun. Brothers and Sisters, she helped me see the light! And the inside of a drug store! It was her book and the demise of Prescriptives that made me decide to try this new Oil of Olay series that was being advertised. A born cynic, I didn't think it would make any difference in my skin.

I chose the Regenerist line, based on my skin type, and I've never looked back. The Micro-Sculpting Cream was the first to come out in that line, I believe. I used it faithfully, morning and night, and I liked it. It didn't make my skin break out and combined with a Mary Kay mask I've used week for ages, my skin looked nice. I don't have many wrinkles but that's not because of anything I've done. It's my mother's good genes and the fact that I've always hated sitting in the sun! But I truly think this product has helped my skin look better. I have very sensitive skin and many "natural" products make me break. I tend to stay with chemicals as much as possible and this product appeared to have a nice mix of the two.

Then Olay came out with a Regenerating Serum that was white and came in a 3.4 ounce bottle. You were supposed to put that underneath the original Micro-Sculpting Cream. With the manufacturers' coupons and the sales in various Drug Stores, you could get the pair for a very reasonable price. The combination didn't really made a difference in my skin. I figured maybe it was doing something I couldn't see.

Then, all of a sudden, I couldn't find my white Regenerating Serum. Instead, this Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Serum was on the shelf in its place. I muttered and complained and waited until I found a coupon for it and then waited for a sale. I was sure this would make my skin break out and besides, it cost more and I was getting only half as much in a bottle.

I tried it. I have to say that within about two weeks, I couldn't believe the difference this Serum made in my skin. I've always had dark circles under my eyes. So did my father. And doctors had always said it was due to my allergy. Suddenly, my black circles were lightening to grey. My skin looked terrific!

I don't actually know how long I've used it but the combination of the two products has kept my skin soft and while I have a few brown sun spots and some wrinkles, my skin looks really good. I'm not bragging. When I go to a department store, the painted ladies always ask which of their moisturizers I'm using. They quickly change the subject when I say it's Oil of Olay.

I can't recommend it strongly enough. We're all going to get wrinkles but if we can slow the process down, we're fools not to do it and this product is the one that's helped me the most. Good luck to anyone who tries it and I hope it works as well for you as it has for me.
on April 4, 2016
This serum goes on smoothly and I use it both morning and night. Over The time I have been using it (3 months now). I have noticed my blemish scares fade, skin tone change and overall skin look better. Unfortunately, you start to use a cream/serum and it doesn't work and into the trash it goes. You actually though need to utilize the same skin regimen for 3 months. This is the time it takes for your skin cells to completely regenerate, and this can be frustrating and a pull on your pocketbook. One of the main reasons I go with Olay. If the professionals artists choose it That's an excellent recommendation for me.