Workplace Solutions Best of the Year Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 12DoD - Beauty Stocking Stuffers Get up to $100 back on House Cleaning services TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Platinum artists Shop Now

Style Name: Fragrance Free Micro-Sculpting Serum|Change

Showing 1-10 of 2,297 reviews(verified purchases). Show all reviews
on February 14, 2007
I am 39 years old and have very sensitive skin, and because of that I had been using fragrance-free products by Clinique. I always thought I looked pretty young until I saw a picture of myself at 29. My skin was so much better looking! After doing some research I decided to give this a try based upon the favorable reviews, low cost and the fact that it's fragrance free. (Perfumed lotions make me sneeze).

After one use, I noticed a few things. My skin did tingle slightly for a couple of hours, but it wasn't painful; just mildly annoying. But there was no rash or irritation. My cheeks looked a bit red, however it appeared more like a natural tint. The second thing I noticed is that my skin almost immediately looked better! I know that sounds crazy. I also didn't need to put on any blush because of the tint I mentioned. As the day wore on, the tingling went away. (I also started using Neutrogena Light Night Cream for a moisturizer- it's fragrance-free, and doesn't have sunscreen which I don't need every day.)

I applied it the next morning again and noticed the same things. I decided to try it every other day and have to say I REALLY notice a difference! My skin looks almost as good as my pic from ten years ago.

I think the minor discomfort I mentioned is due to my sensitivity to most products, but because I am so pleased with the results I'm sticking with it.

Update: After using this for a week I no longer have any sensitivity and my skin is incredibly soft and luminous!

Update 11/2013: I'm going to be turning 46 and still use and love this item!
1919 comments| 694 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 7, 2008
After one month of daily use, here is my verdict: This stuff works. It's not magic, it's not a miracle, it doesn't transform every wrinkle and age spot. But it makes your skin look BETTER than before, which is all we can really hope for, isn't it?

I've noticed a somewhat dramatic change in the fine lines around my eyes (no, I don't use a separate eye cream). They are smoother and much less noticeable. The few age spots I've developed seem to be lighter. Overall, looking at my face in the mirror now, I sometimes have to do a double-take because my skin looks so much better and brighter. The permanent dark circles under my eyes are even lighter.

I have acne prone skin and I was nervous about using a new moisturizer, but quickly found that my skin actually CLEARED UP while using this product. Likely, it was due to my regimented focus on skin care in general, but this did NOT contribute to any breakouts at all.

This is one product I can see myself using for a very long time.

Update: Four years later, and I'm still using this product regularly. I stopped for a few months at one point and found my skin started to look somewhat dull. Being in my 40s, this is prime aging time, but I don't feel that my face is betraying me anymore. I have to give Olay a little bit of the credit.
55 comments| 318 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 6, 2004
My skin is very sensitive with a tendency to rosacea and I always had problems to find an appropriate cream. I was very nicely surprised to see how good Olay Regenerist is for my complexion. I'm using it twice a day and there is a tremendous improvement in the appearance of my skin. I truly recommend this product to everyone.
22 comments| 83 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 12, 2014
I have been using this product together with Olay Regenerist Night Repair Cream for years. I use the serum on my clean face, neck, décolleté and hands every night. The result is NO wrinkles! Not a one. No more crow's feet around my eyes, cheeks are smooth, forehead is unlined, neck is smooth. Best of all, my décolleté is smooth & youthful! When I have to give my age (the end of my sixth decade), people don't believe me. Thanks to mom for my good genetics. Thanks to Olay for amazing products that work!
on October 22, 2015
This is the only thing I use on my face other than water and very occasionally the Olay face wash. I have been using it since it came out, I believe. This picture is of me without make up. I am 48 years old. You decide.
review image
on January 9, 2014
I have used Olay regenerating serum for years now. This is the first time I bought it through Amazon, I always bought it at the store in the past. It came in a different package than the serum I always bought in the store. It also has different consistency and feels different on my skin. I will not be buying it from Amazon again. At a store, at least I can see what I'm getting.
on January 19, 2004
As a former user of extremely expensive skin products, I rate Olay as an equal or better product than the ones you pay lots of money for. I am a 65 year old woman and I literally have no wrinkles in my face or around my eyes. People tell me I appear much younger. Frankly, I tired of paying out so much money for skin care products and had used Olay before as a teenager and decided to try it again. I am very glad and satisfied that I turned back to Olay
11 comment| 116 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 28, 2014
At sixty-four, I've used all kinds of moisturizers. Having had dry skin my whole life, I started to use a moisturizer when I was about seventeen. I didn't wear a foundation; just moisturizer and lipstick. Without the former, I'd be a mass of wrinkles at my current age. Without the latter, someone would have already buried me because I look like I'm dead with no lipstick.

I never bothered with drug store moisturizers much because I was a snob; plain and simple. In high school, I worked downtown and bought my moisturizer in the local department store. I think my first moisturizer was made by Clinique and from there, I just kept trying others. Seriously, how dry did I think my skin was? Plain old Vaseline would have worked just fine. Ah, but ignorance was bliss and I never knew how uneducated I was until I read a book by Paula Begoun. Brothers and Sisters, she helped me see the light! And the inside of a drug store! It was her book and the demise of Prescriptives that made me decide to try this new Oil of Olay series that was being advertised. A born cynic, I didn't think it would make any difference in my skin.

I chose the Regenerist line, based on my skin type, and I've never looked back. The Micro-Sculpting Cream was the first to come out in that line, I believe. I used it faithfully, morning and night, and I liked it. It didn't make my skin break out and combined with a Mary Kay mask I've used week for ages, my skin looked nice. I don't have many wrinkles but that's not because of anything I've done. It's my mother's good genes and the fact that I've always hated sitting in the sun! But I truly think this product has helped my skin look better. I have very sensitive skin and many "natural" products make me break. I tend to stay with chemicals as much as possible and this product appeared to have a nice mix of the two.

Then Olay came out with a Regenerating Serum that was white and came in a 3.4 ounce bottle. You were supposed to put that underneath the original Micro-Sculpting Cream. With the manufacturers' coupons and the sales in various Drug Stores, you could get the pair for a very reasonable price. The combination didn't really made a difference in my skin. I figured maybe it was doing something I couldn't see.

Then, all of a sudden, I couldn't find my white Regenerating Serum. Instead, this Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Serum was on the shelf in its place. I muttered and complained and waited until I found a coupon for it and then waited for a sale. I was sure this would make my skin break out and besides, it cost more and I was getting only half as much in a bottle.

I tried it. I have to say that within about two weeks, I couldn't believe the difference this Serum made in my skin. I've always had dark circles under my eyes. So did my father. And doctors had always said it was due to my allergy. Suddenly, my black circles were lightening to grey. My skin looked terrific!

I don't actually know how long I've used it but the combination of the two products has kept my skin soft and while I have a few brown sun spots and some wrinkles, my skin looks really good. I'm not bragging. When I go to a department store, the painted ladies always ask which of their moisturizers I'm using. They quickly change the subject when I say it's Oil of Olay.

I can't recommend it strongly enough. We're all going to get wrinkles but if we can slow the process down, we're fools not to do it and this product is the one that's helped me the most. Good luck to anyone who tries it and I hope it works as well for you as it has for me.
on April 27, 2013
I fully endorse this product. I have used it for a few years and I have visibly seen a difference in my face. I use it under Olay Regenerist Lotion SPF 15 by day and and under Olay Regenerist Night Recovery Cream at night. It is worth every penny!!
on January 1, 2015
Olay Regenerist Advanced Anti-Aging Deep Hydration Regenerating Cream Moisturizer.
With a name like that, Olay promises a mouthful. About the “Advanced Anti-Aging” part, there are peptides in it to speed up the production of collagen. On their website Olay says the cream will improve the look of fine lines in just 10 minutes! After a few days, you get dramatic results! After 4 weeks you will look 10 years younger! Imagine that! Unfortunately, I can’t testify to any of that.
Then there’s the Deep Hydration part and the Moisturizer part. I admit I don’t know the difference between them. Do I want to hydrate my skin or moisturize it? Isn’t it basically the same thing?
The cream is okay as far as moisturizers go.
The fragrance is not very pleasant but fortunately dissipates quickly.
Would I buy it again? Probably not. I will continue to try others.
Olay should get the Golden Cocoon Award. You not only get 1.7 once of cream but plenty of plastic, metal and high-gloss paper. I took the pump bottle apart and photographed it with some parts of the packaging (see photo below). I would prefer paying less for a simple jar with screw cap.
review image

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.