Customer Reviews: Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Serum, 1.7 Ounce
Oct16 Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Subscribe & Save Cozy Knits Book 2 or More Hours of House Cleaning on Amazon bajillions bajillions bajillions  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Cycling on Amazon

VINE VOICEon May 30, 2010
Style Name: Micro-Sculpting Serum|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I am about halfway through my second little bottle of Olay Regenerist Micro Sculpting Serum. So far, I am not using the entire Regenerist Micro Sculpting regimen. (That is to say, this serum followed by the Micro Sculpting Cream or any of the other products). I am washing with my usual product; cleansing with my usual astringent; then applying the Micro Sculpting Serum; and following it with either my usual night cream or my usual day cream with a 45 SPF rating during the day. The only variable to what I have always done is the addition of the serum.

I have become immune to the miracle claims all cosmetic lines make, and was always amused by the creativeness of the terminology they would come up with to describe their products. But, in a moment of weakness, I was attracted to the term "micro sculpting" since gravity and age have recently started taking a toll on my entire eye area and, up to this point, nothing was helping. After about six weeks of use, I can report that there has been noticeable improvement. I am becoming "micro sculpted."

I haven't turned back the clock too many years, but the skin below the eyebrows/above the eyelids that was sagging onto the eyelids is sagging quite a bit less, and the bags under my eyes (something I had never, ever had before this year) are much less noticeable and much less puffy. It wasn't an overnight miracle, but I think that within a month I was sure I could detect a favorable difference.

This observation is not scientific, but I opened two photos of myself taken at two different recent events, and blown them up on my screen in Photoshop. The eyes on the more recent one look more open, the skin above them less droopy, I can see more of my eyelids and all of my eyelashes, and the bags under the eyes are much less puffy. Just this one difference, makes me look less stressed and more rested in the more recent photo--maybe even slightly younger.

Both my stress level and the amount of sleep I am getting have (unfortunately) remained constant. I am not getting any younger. The only difference between one event and the other is that I had begun using the serum between them. Equally unscientifically, people have commented that I look good and ask what I've done. (Before, they were asking me if something was wrong). I've already recommended the serum to several friends.

I think that the rest of my skin has also benefited from the serum, but it is much harder to tell since I have always taken good care of it and I was not having a particular problem. Still, I like the way it feels going on, the way it soaks right in not leaving a film or a greasy or sticky feeling.

I still have a supply of other night and day creams on hand but, when I run out, I do plan to try the Micro Sculpting Cream to use at night, and the other Regenerist Cream with the SPF 50 protection for during the daytime.

Olay has come a long way since the time they only produced that little white bottle with the black cap--very far indeed!
66 comments| 152 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 28, 2014
At sixty-four, I've used all kinds of moisturizers. Having had dry skin my whole life, I started to use a moisturizer when I was about seventeen. I didn't wear a foundation; just moisturizer and lipstick. Without the former, I'd be a mass of wrinkles at my current age. Without the latter, someone would have already buried me because I look like I'm dead with no lipstick.

I never bothered with drug store moisturizers much because I was a snob; plain and simple. In high school, I worked downtown and bought my moisturizer in the local department store. I think my first moisturizer was made by Clinique and from there, I just kept trying others. Seriously, how dry did I think my skin was? Plain old Vaseline would have worked just fine. Ah, but ignorance was bliss and I never knew how uneducated I was until I read a book by Paula Begoun. Brothers and Sisters, she helped me see the light! And the inside of a drug store! It was her book and the demise of Prescriptives that made me decide to try this new Oil of Olay series that was being advertised. A born cynic, I didn't think it would make any difference in my skin.

I chose the Regenerist line, based on my skin type, and I've never looked back. The Micro-Sculpting Cream was the first to come out in that line, I believe. I used it faithfully, morning and night, and I liked it. It didn't make my skin break out and combined with a Mary Kay mask I've used week for ages, my skin looked nice. I don't have many wrinkles but that's not because of anything I've done. It's my mother's good genes and the fact that I've always hated sitting in the sun! But I truly think this product has helped my skin look better. I have very sensitive skin and many "natural" products make me break. I tend to stay with chemicals as much as possible and this product appeared to have a nice mix of the two.

Then Olay came out with a Regenerating Serum that was white and came in a 3.4 ounce bottle. You were supposed to put that underneath the original Micro-Sculpting Cream. With the manufacturers' coupons and the sales in various Drug Stores, you could get the pair for a very reasonable price. The combination didn't really made a difference in my skin. I figured maybe it was doing something I couldn't see.

Then, all of a sudden, I couldn't find my white Regenerating Serum. Instead, this Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Serum was on the shelf in its place. I muttered and complained and waited until I found a coupon for it and then waited for a sale. I was sure this would make my skin break out and besides, it cost more and I was getting only half as much in a bottle.

I tried it. I have to say that within about two weeks, I couldn't believe the difference this Serum made in my skin. I've always had dark circles under my eyes. So did my father. And doctors had always said it was due to my allergy. Suddenly, my black circles were lightening to grey. My skin looked terrific!

I don't actually know how long I've used it but the combination of the two products has kept my skin soft and while I have a few brown sun spots and some wrinkles, my skin looks really good. I'm not bragging. When I go to a department store, the painted ladies always ask which of their moisturizers I'm using. They quickly change the subject when I say it's Oil of Olay.

I can't recommend it strongly enough. We're all going to get wrinkles but if we can slow the process down, we're fools not to do it and this product is the one that's helped me the most. Good luck to anyone who tries it and I hope it works as well for you as it has for me.
on February 8, 2011
I saw the add for this product on Olay website - it was under their 'New' product section. I am 52 and my facial skin was beginning to get a bit saggy around my cheeks and jawline. I was very skeptical if a serum could actually firm the skin as the add stated on their website. Anyhow, I thought I will give it a try and searched for this online - as usual Amazon had the best price. After a week of using this product I saw tremendous changes - firm and bright skin! My friends and colleagues all asked if I have been doing some special beauty treatment such as laser, peal etc. Thank you Olay!
on July 20, 2012
Been in search of a good product that can help with the fine lines (late 30s) and while nothing really seems to work, including lots of expensive products I have purchased, I did enjoy the texture of this product. I put it on under my eyes and when I wear foundation, I put it on underneath and it serves as a primer. I like the product- but it is not any better or worse for fine lines than anything else I've ever tried.
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on December 26, 2010
I love Olay products, but I am not thrilled with Olay Micro-Sculpting Serum. I have been a user of the Regenerist Daily Serum for years and thats a great product. But the Micro Sculpting does not Sculpt, its doesnt really do anything. I also tried the Micro Sculpting Cream and that was way too heavy for my skin and caused breakouts. So I decided to try the serum instead and while it didnt cause breakouts, it also didnt do much of anything. I have seen absolutly no difference in my skin after using this product daily, morning and night, for 2 months.
No difference in my jaw line, my neck, no lifting, no firming, no overall difference in condition of skin.
Cannot really recommend this product and I will not purchase it again. Is it a nice moisturizer, yes...... but does it do what Olay claims, not in my experience.
I rate it a 2 because it does not do what Olay claims it will, it does not sculpt, lift or firm.
Sorry Olay, but you have let me down on this one.
on December 7, 2013
I've been using this product for about 3 years and it really has helped hydrate my skin. I live in a dry desert area and am in my early 60's. For the price this is a great product.
on August 8, 2012
I have been using this product over the last 3 months, and can definitely tell the difference it made to my skin. I am very happy with this product and I use it at nights after I clean my face and remove all makeups.
on September 9, 2012
The lady of the house is convinced that this Micro-Sculpting Serum is what keeps her looking AT LEAST ten years younger than her years. I totally agree!
on December 5, 2010
I turn 50 in March. I am also going into a new career where I will be competing with recent college grads, so looking my best is important. On top of that, I've gone through a tough 19 years (15 year decline of my father, which required my helping my mom in his care, while working as a department head and going to school full time, all on 3-5 hrs sleep per night). Two weeks before my father died our company was closed down, and 3 months later I was in a car accident that has taken many months to recover (from).

So why am I telling you this? Because about 4 months ago I noticed my face looked awful!. Drooping jawline, deep dark circles and bags under my eyes, and for the first time in my life--wrinkles! Crows feet, those stupid furrows between your brows, some lines on my forehad, and a sort of repulsive crinkely neck. I think I looked 55, if not older. So my Mom took me to Target and purchased the microsculpting kit, i.e the serum package with the cream. I also bought the Olay micro dermabrasion kit and the eye dermapods.

And you know what? After two short weeks, my crows feet were gone! Ditto with the forehead lines. Not only that, but my skin looks much better, more like when I was 33 or so. I keep getting compliments from everyone I know, and now even some strangers are asking how I keep my skin looking like I was 10 years younger or more. I can't get over that two simple products can do so much, but they have, and I'm very happy.

I do suggest you use the serum and the cream together as Olay suggests; results come much faster. In addition, the microderma kit is fantastic! Three times a week and you can kiss your dead, dull skin goodby. Just make sure to moisturize after.

SRK Brown
I received this item as part of the Amazon Vine program. I'm almost 43 and have visible lines around my eyes and on my forehead, and while I've lost some elasticity in my skin, overall it's not a big issue for me yet. This product promises 'significantly firmer skin and regeneration of the skin's appearance' - visible as soon as the first 5 days - looking 'brighter and more radiant'. Promising 'younger looking skin without drastic measures'.

Well, I'm not sure about those claims, but in all honesty, maybe you need to use the Olay Regeneris Micro-sculpting cream in conjunction with this product (as recommended on the packaging) to reap the product's full benefits? This is the product in the line which is #2... the first product is a cleanser, the third a moisurizer, the fourth a daily treatment and the fifth a specialty treatment. I'm not sure how much all that will cost you, but check out the Olay Regenerist line and I'm sure you'll end up with about $100 a month for skin care to look 'firmer' and more youthful!

What I did notice was tighter skin within 5 days, using it morning and night after I used my own cleanser. Not tingly, or unpleasant in any way, which was nice. The 'super-concentrated amino-peptide +B3 formula' was in fact 'fast absorbing', which makes you think you need more than you actually do - a negative. You have to be fast with this stuff! It is non-greasy, so you don't have to worry about smudging up your pillowcase, which I liked, nor wearing it under make-up.

Overall I think this product is good, but not Earth-shatteringly good. Maybe if I could evaluate the whole line I could see how well it works, but for me, this product will not be a future purchase. It's expensive and only part of a skin care line with big promises.