Industrial Deals Beauty Oprah's Book Club STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now STEMClub17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,202 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,260 reviews
on November 28, 2013
NOTE: This review is after one year of use. These slippers (bought for my 165 lb. son last December as a Christmas gift) are comfortable and appear well constructed. They were only worn around the house and with socks. However, in less than a year the sole is separating from the side, the stitching is coming apart and the fuzzy insoles are down worn to the foam base leaving large bare spots. I will try to post pictures (slippers are beige in color) so you know what to expect one year later. Normally a person can't complain when their slippers wear out, but for the high price of these (compared to other slippers) I expected them to hold up better. If I knew they would only last a year, I would have bought cheaper ones.
review image review image review image review image
66 comments| 119 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 27, 2016
Purchased in December - needed a quality set of slippers, and these had very good average reviews and the pics looked nice. They were a bit more than I expected but I figured you get what you pay for. Not so much here.

The appearance when they arrived was a mixed bag. The material was nice, soft, and seemed sturdy, but a few seams were crooked and the fuzzy inner lining was poking through a few stitch holes. Not a big deal, and they were comfortable - soft inner sole, fluffy liner. Just trimmed the fluff sticking out of stitch holes.

They had a slight glue/chemical/funky smell when they arrived, which grew worse over the first week of wear, then disappeared.

I wore them on average 4-6 hours a day, 5 days a week, mostly sitting. Say 30 minutes of walking or standing around the house daily and in the back yard on our deck. Our house is half hardwood floors and half thick carpet.

Got a drop of chocolate ice cream on them, wiped and washed immediately with cold water and a washcloth, but no luck. They stained. Didn't try running them through a clothes washer, since it was a tiny spot, they were for in the house only and I wasn't sure of the affect that might have. It wasn't a big deal, but if you get some you may want to try scotchguard or something similar.

Disappointed that after about two months, the rubber soles started coming unglued from the sides. They are glued and stitched, so they were still in place, but the seam looked cheap since the glue had discolored the material where it was formerly stuck. You can see some this in the picture.

Then tonight, about week 10, I noticed the bottom sole of one had split open. Not worn through - you can see in the pic that the tread pattern in the rubber sole is still pretty fresh, the rubber just split. I didn't step on a giant shard of glass or an IED, so my only guess is the stress of walking and turning tore it, same as it broke the glue bond.

It's not like I was running and exercising or anything that would put that much strain on them. All I can think is that they were a little wide for my foot and the shifting of my foot inside when walking was more than they could handle.

But at this price, 3 months of lifetime from an indoor pair of shoes under any conditions short of a chew toy for a Rottweiler, is unacceptable.
on January 11, 2015
Had to change my original review from great to poor. Lasted 7 months and the sole came apart. Usually it is the attachment between the upper and lower, however, this time the sole just broke. Lets see what customer service will do about it. Update: after 5 emails to vendor still no response. Product marginal. Customer service-non existent. Would avoid this brand.
on February 13, 2015
In general, I find that these slippers are well worth the money spent. However, I'm only giving this review 4 stars because of the following issue:

I received my first pair of these slippers approx. 2 years ago for XMAS They eventually wore out so, I ordered 2 new pairs in August of 2014. All was well until early January 2015 when I noticed that the pair I wore for approx. 3 months had a defect where the sole of the left shoe was split.
I looked at Amazon's return policy and found that it was expired in September. I called the manufacturer and asked about returning defective merchandise. I was told that since these were purchased via Amazon, I had to abide by their return policy.

They are good shoes just make sure you inspect them very well when you receive them. I learned this lesson the hard way...
on October 19, 2016
Bought in Dec. 2014 for Xmas, but hubby didn't start wearing them until about 6 months later (previous pair of another brand were still holding up). They fell apart after about 14 months of wear, indoors only. This was my first time buying this brand, and they looked great at first--and were actually wide enough, which is getting harder to find. Similar slippers used to last him ~3-4 years, but I can no longer find the brand I used to buy in an extra wide, so I tried these. We were surprised when they just completely fell apart. It wasn't like they were slowly showing more & more wear on the soles; they seemed OK and then just boom--garbage. I paid $50 for these, but they fell apart like $20 Wal-Mart slippers. I see now that several other reviewers have had similar poor quality issues with the slippers falling apart. If I could find extra wide (5E!) in another slipper, I'd try them instead. The only others I've found wide enough are "Romeo" style, which my husband can't wear (the top of his instep is very high/thick). Too bad these are apparently poor quality, especially for the price.
on December 21, 2013
I searched and searched for a high quality slipper for my husband and thought I'd found it in this product. Not so. After only 7 or 8 months of very little wear, the upper part became detached from the sole of one slipper. He had better luck with $10 Walmart slippers. I emailed customer service and received an automated response that someone would get back to me and of course no one ever did. Not only is the product defective, the company has poor customer service.
on November 17, 2014
I may have received a faulty product, but one of my 2 slippers has shed (and continues to shed) a great deal. The heal area is completely bare now and every time I pull my foot out of it there is fur flying everywhere. All of this happened within weeks of owning the new and rarely worn slippers.

I contacted the manufacturer and they are unwilling to replace it.
on November 9, 2011
The good news: FOOT BLISS! These are simply the most incredibly comfortable things I have ever put on my feet. My feet are totally blissed out, and I'm considering moving to the Arctic Circle so I can wear them year-round. This is an outstanding product.

The bad news: after wearing them for a week or so (with cotton socks), the soles of my feet became badly irritated -- I've never worn shearling before, and something in it disagrees with the bottom of my feet (odd, because I wear wool socks regularly). I despaired for my new-found bliss.

The GOOD NEWS: the product description doesn't mention that the insoles are removable and -- here's the beauty part -- WASHABLE. I scrubbed them down with a bar of soap under lukewarm running water, and dried them overnight. Whatever was in the shearling (lanolin? some processing chemical?) washed away, and I got my bliss back!

Buy these. Give your feet some bliss.
0Comment| 91 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 27, 2015
I purchased a pair of these on November 7, 2013. I wear size 11, but I had to exchange them for a size 12 so that I could wear socks with them. My normal size was too snug with my (hiking) socks on. I should have removed the plush inserts from the shoes and replaced them with Dr. Scholl's pads because wearing socks quickly wore down the insoles which came with the shoes, creating bare spots.

In January of 2015, both shoes developed splits in the soles, centered across the instep area, and one shoe also developed a split along the side of the shoe where the sole attaches. I have repaired these splits with "Shoo Goo" (I think it is called) and continue to wear them, but was disappointed that they weren't more durable. I did/do wear them outside, since the details stated that they are designed for outdoor use as well as indoor wear.

I like these shoes, but wish they were more durable than they've turned out to be.
on December 12, 2014
The area around the ball joint of my foot is too tight. I wear a 10W in women's shoes, and since they don't come in wide widths, I ordered a 9 medium / regular in men's.

I have purchased at least 10 prs of men's sneakers or boots this way over the years (all different makes and brand names) and I have NEVER had a pair fit too tightly.

More often, the men's version will be roomier around the ball joint, not tighter.

After I was through the checkout process, a note popped up saying 9R did not mean "Regular or Medium Fit". I placed the order any way, becuse after I went back through everything, I couldn't figure out what a 9 Regular or Medium was supposed to be.

The moccasins are nice, although the lining isn't what I expected. It feels almost like a synthetic fleece.

Not worth what I paid.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.