Industrial Deals HPC Magazine Deals Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Limited time offer Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TNF TNF TNF  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

The area around the ball joint of my foot is too tight. I wear a 10W in women's shoes, and since they don't come in wide widths, I ordered a 9 medium / regular in men's.

I have purchased at least 10 prs of men's sneakers or boots this way over the years (all different makes and brand names) and I have NEVER had a pair fit too tightly.

More often, the men's version will be roomier around the ball joint, not tighter.

After I was through the checkout process, a note popped up saying 9R did not mean "Regular or Medium Fit". I placed the order any way, becuse after I went back through everything, I couldn't figure out what a 9 Regular or Medium was supposed to be.

The moccasins are nice, although the lining isn't what I expected. It feels almost like a synthetic fleece.

Not worth what I paid.
on December 31, 2016
Comfortable and durable winter slippers in 5E width are hard to find, even from reputable online sources like amazon. Bought first pair of Chestnut color Old Friend moccasins January 2013; husband wore the heck out of them three seasons a year, going from house to garage to mailbox and (not in snow) sometimes keeping them on for errands. Delighted to find replacement pair as Christmas gift, and quality seems the same as original 4 year old mocs. Old ones are still wearable, they do mold to feet, but lining matted down and they look tired; amazing to get 4 years of hard wear out of these. He is enjoying new warmly lined pair as we go thru another long Wisconsin winter.
on December 21, 2016
Bought this second pair for my farmer husband to replaced the much-loved, much-worn, and finally worn out, pair bought years ago. They are his inside-shoes. They are comfortable and warm on our wood and tiles floors. I like the sturdy sole that gives him a firm footing. The ability to slip on/slip off makes it convenient for him to change his shoes at the door, so my floors don't get mud and muck tracked in. He wears a size 13, which is hard to find, and the fit is perfect.
on March 25, 2017
I am 310 lbs. and wear these almost everyday. Almost 3 months now. Inside and outside. I won't wear them when its wet outside. These are still just like new. No tears anywhere. Very well made. Wear these more than I wear my regular shoes. Very comfy and durable.
on March 31, 2016
I recently ordered my 2nd pair of these. The first lasted a year, and I wore them a LOT, even in the summer. They fit much better than any other slippers I've ever owned (I have ridiculously wide and thick feet). I really like the soles, I wear these out and about as well as around the house (it's nice to not need to put on proper shoes when running to the store).

However, the quality is not good enough to justify the steep price. While the exteriors have held up quite nicely (the uppers barely show any sign of wear, and the soles, while a bit worn, would likely last another year), the interior has not. The interior may be "fleecy," but it is not actual fleece. Many pieces have come up in the toes, and the lining under the heel and around the sides is now a thin matted mess. They are still wearable with socks, but very uncomfortable on bare feet. These slippers should probably be priced at no more than $30-40.

In the end, the only reason I ordered a second pair of these is that these are the ONLY extra wide slippers I could find. If I buy slippers 2 sizes up in order to fit the width, then there is a wide gap between my heel and the back of the slipper, which is rather chilling. Now that I know the weaknesses of these slippers, I intend to be more careful (and sparing) with the new ones.
on June 3, 2017
This is my second pair of Old Friend slippers. I wore the first pair for years until the heel of one finally wore through. As a stroke survivor with neuropathy, I need sure-footed slippers that cuddle and warm mt feet. I was so satisfied with the longevity, comfort, warmth, and anti-skid-ness of my first Old Friends that I replaced them with these identical skippers. They haven't changed on perfection, and after over a month of continuous use, I'm perfectly happy.
Top Contributor: Petson November 21, 2016
Hubby had first pair for about 18 months, 100% happy with them but over time they stretched out (as leather does) and he requested a new pair. The new ones are snug for about a day or two and then they're just right.

He wears them nightly so they get lots of use. He loves the indoor/outdoor sole, so he can take out the trash or grill some burgers, all in his comfy slippers.

And they look nice too.
VINE VOICEon February 1, 2016
Great slippers. Very comfortable and the soles have a substantial quality to them. I can see these being worn inside or outside. The sheepskin is very comfortable and my feet aren't too hot or too cold, temperature regulation is very good. The fit and finish on these is great. This is a good quality item that is made well and I can see it lasting for a long time. I would recommend these to anyone looking for a good value in slippers that are also comfortable and handsome.
on December 29, 2016
The fit is true to size. I've owned Old Friends my entire life. I get a new pair almost every year (I am very particular about my fresh fluffy fur!). These are by far the most comfortable slipper that doesn't make your feet "too hot". The soles allow you to walk around the city and even in a dusting of snow. They are easy slip on slip off and look fantastic. I bought the camo since I am a hunter. I've also owned the tan, which are the same slipper. Do your feet a favor and buy a pair!
on December 30, 2014
The reason I didn't like these is they were too big. I wear a size 13 EEEE New Balance in Shoes. Ordered size 12 (Knew they run large) 5E in these slippers. Couldn't keep them on my feet walking across a carpeted room. Way too big. Kept slipping/falling off my feet. But, BUT, if they fit, they would have been great. Well built, warm, light weight, good soles, fare price.
I eventually ordered ACORN Men's Fave Gore Slipper from Amazon. Size 12-13. 2E wide. Hoped they would fit. The ACORN slippers were perfect. In fact, the ACORN's exceeded expectations.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.