Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Wonder Woman now available on Blu-ray, 3D, and 4K Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,223 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,288 reviews
on February 13, 2015
In general, I find that these slippers are well worth the money spent. However, I'm only giving this review 4 stars because of the following issue:

I received my first pair of these slippers approx. 2 years ago for XMAS They eventually wore out so, I ordered 2 new pairs in August of 2014. All was well until early January 2015 when I noticed that the pair I wore for approx. 3 months had a defect where the sole of the left shoe was split.
I looked at Amazon's return policy and found that it was expired in September. I called the manufacturer and asked about returning defective merchandise. I was told that since these were purchased via Amazon, I had to abide by their return policy.

They are good shoes just make sure you inspect them very well when you receive them. I learned this lesson the hard way...
review image
on October 19, 2016
Bought in Dec. 2014 for Xmas, but hubby didn't start wearing them until about 6 months later (previous pair of another brand were still holding up). They fell apart after about 14 months of wear, indoors only. This was my first time buying this brand, and they looked great at first--and were actually wide enough, which is getting harder to find. Similar slippers used to last him ~3-4 years, but I can no longer find the brand I used to buy in an extra wide, so I tried these. We were surprised when they just completely fell apart. It wasn't like they were slowly showing more & more wear on the soles; they seemed OK and then just boom--garbage. I paid $50 for these, but they fell apart like $20 Wal-Mart slippers. I see now that several other reviewers have had similar poor quality issues with the slippers falling apart. If I could find extra wide (5E!) in another slipper, I'd try them instead. The only others I've found wide enough are "Romeo" style, which my husband can't wear (the top of his instep is very high/thick). Too bad these are apparently poor quality, especially for the price.
on September 17, 2017
After trying several other slippers that were too small or narrow I was pleased to find that these men's Old Friend moccasin slippers come in wide sizes. I normally wear a 4E width when available, but the choices here were 2E, 3E, and 5E, so I went with the largest. The length was as expected, but the 5E was too generous, so I exchanged for the 2E and that has worked well. The slippers are a little heavy, but I'll take that over flimsy any day. The insole liners on this model are replaceable, but be aware that the replacements may cost $20 to $30. Please note that the lining on the Washington model is acrylic and the insole on that one is NOT replaceable Old Friend Men's Washington Slipper (13 5E US, Chestnut); I guess that's why it costs a bit less. I liked these well enough that I bought a pair for my father, but he thought they were too squishy. The cushioned bottom feels good to me, but that made the free return helpful in his case. I use these mostly for indoor use with an occasional trip to the mailbox.
on May 27, 2015
I purchased a pair of these on November 7, 2013. I wear size 11, but I had to exchange them for a size 12 so that I could wear socks with them. My normal size was too snug with my (hiking) socks on. I should have removed the plush inserts from the shoes and replaced them with Dr. Scholl's pads because wearing socks quickly wore down the insoles which came with the shoes, creating bare spots.

In January of 2015, both shoes developed splits in the soles, centered across the instep area, and one shoe also developed a split along the side of the shoe where the sole attaches. I have repaired these splits with "Shoo Goo" (I think it is called) and continue to wear them, but was disappointed that they weren't more durable. I did/do wear them outside, since the details stated that they are designed for outdoor use as well as indoor wear.

I like these shoes, but wish they were more durable than they've turned out to be.
on December 12, 2014
The area around the ball joint of my foot is too tight. I wear a 10W in women's shoes, and since they don't come in wide widths, I ordered a 9 medium / regular in men's.

I have purchased at least 10 prs of men's sneakers or boots this way over the years (all different makes and brand names) and I have NEVER had a pair fit too tightly.

More often, the men's version will be roomier around the ball joint, not tighter.

After I was through the checkout process, a note popped up saying 9R did not mean "Regular or Medium Fit". I placed the order any way, becuse after I went back through everything, I couldn't figure out what a 9 Regular or Medium was supposed to be.

The moccasins are nice, although the lining isn't what I expected. It feels almost like a synthetic fleece.

Not worth what I paid.
on October 15, 2016
I bought these for my husband after reading the reviews. I always read the reviews on what I buy. With that being said, he loves these slippers. He comes home from work having to wear steel toe boots. He wears his slippers until bedtime. He said his feet stay warm and he said they were comfortable. He has had 2 by-pass heart surgeries and his feet stay cold. These slippers don't have an arch in them so I voted no on the good arch support. These are made very well and the lining is genuine wool. I rated them as wearing all day because of how comfortable he told me they were. The top single lace you can untie and adjust as he did. I also think for handmade slippers the price is good.
on November 28, 2013
NOTE: This review is after one year of use. These slippers (bought for my 165 lb. son last December as a Christmas gift) are comfortable and appear well constructed. They were only worn around the house and with socks. However, in less than a year the sole is separating from the side, the stitching is coming apart and the fuzzy insoles are down worn to the foam base leaving large bare spots. I will try to post pictures (slippers are beige in color) so you know what to expect one year later. Normally a person can't complain when their slippers wear out, but for the high price of these (compared to other slippers) I expected them to hold up better. If I knew they would only last a year, I would have bought cheaper ones.
review image review image review image review image
66 comments| 120 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 24, 2015
I love these slippers. i usually opt for less expensive ones, but the color selection and non-leather laces are what I was looking for. The leather and rubber sole quality is supportive and very well made. Since I work out of my home office, these are my indoor shoes all day.

The fact that a Golden Retriever was on the box cinched the deal. They currently deserve a five star, but I want to see how they wear.
on November 13, 2014
In terms of appearance, construction and feel, these are close to a 5-star slipper. For durability, I rate them 3-stars, but you be the judge. The leather upper lasted fine for the life of them and still looked great, but after two full years of wear the rubber sole started to crack and small pieces came off (about a quarter inch square at a time). By two years the sole had separated from the upper and degraded enough that even duct tape didn't help enough to keep them going. If you consider two years of every-day use for $60 a good deal, then get these slippers. I am used to wearing L. L. Bean slippers and the like, which are similar moccasins to these, and although these cost a bit less they are probably very close to as good.
on December 31, 2016
Comfortable and durable winter slippers in 5E width are hard to find, even from reputable online sources like amazon. Bought first pair of Chestnut color Old Friend moccasins January 2013; husband wore the heck out of them three seasons a year, going from house to garage to mailbox and (not in snow) sometimes keeping them on for errands. Delighted to find replacement pair as Christmas gift, and quality seems the same as original 4 year old mocs. Old ones are still wearable, they do mold to feet, but lining matted down and they look tired; amazing to get 4 years of hard wear out of these. He is enjoying new warmly lined pair as we go thru another long Wisconsin winter.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.