Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New album by Tim and Faith Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Enthusiast: Sunglasseson October 27, 2017
I literally just received these beautiful slippers half an hour ago and immediately inspected them thoroughly. I gave them a look over and felt inside to get an idea of the interior. I noticed that the soles are much more substantial than any other pair that I have owned, almost like a shoe. And then I put them on and WOW. They are so comfortable and warm! The stitching is very nice and I can't see anything indicative of defect or anything that I should be concerned with. I suppose the key is the durability and how long they will last and of those concerns obviously I can't comment other than that they really do appear to be well made.

My previous slippers have been L.B. Evans and Propet branded and both brands typically lasted about one year. Understand that I am disabled and wear them pretty much all day, especially in the colder months. I normally wear a size 12 6E but really had a difficult time even finding a 5E width. The L.B. Evans were nice enough but they were a 5E and were tight for the first couple of weeks. Propet made a 6E moccasin but have discontinued them so these seemed to be a worthwhile risk and as it turned out these fit just fine. I really like them, especially the terrific sole and luxurious interior. They are luxurious and just super comfortable. I expect to buy another pair in the not too distant future.
The area around the ball joint of my foot is too tight. I wear a 10W in women's shoes, and since they don't come in wide widths, I ordered a 9 medium / regular in men's.

I have purchased at least 10 prs of men's sneakers or boots this way over the years (all different makes and brand names) and I have NEVER had a pair fit too tightly.

More often, the men's version will be roomier around the ball joint, not tighter.

After I was through the checkout process, a note popped up saying 9R did not mean "Regular or Medium Fit". I placed the order any way, becuse after I went back through everything, I couldn't figure out what a 9 Regular or Medium was supposed to be.

The moccasins are nice, although the lining isn't what I expected. It feels almost like a synthetic fleece.

Not worth what I paid.
Enthusiast: Quiltingon October 15, 2016
I bought these for my husband after reading the reviews. I always read the reviews on what I buy. With that being said, he loves these slippers. He comes home from work having to wear steel toe boots. He wears his slippers until bedtime. He said his feet stay warm and he said they were comfortable. He has had 2 by-pass heart surgeries and his feet stay cold. These slippers don't have an arch in them so I voted no on the good arch support. These are made very well and the lining is genuine wool. I rated them as wearing all day because of how comfortable he told me they were. The top single lace you can untie and adjust as he did. I also think for handmade slippers the price is good.
on November 24, 2015
I love these slippers. i usually opt for less expensive ones, but the color selection and non-leather laces are what I was looking for. The leather and rubber sole quality is supportive and very well made. Since I work out of my home office, these are my indoor shoes all day.

The fact that a Golden Retriever was on the box cinched the deal. They currently deserve a five star, but I want to see how they wear.
on November 13, 2014
In terms of appearance, construction and feel, these are close to a 5-star slipper. For durability, I rate them 3-stars, but you be the judge. The leather upper lasted fine for the life of them and still looked great, but after two full years of wear the rubber sole started to crack and small pieces came off (about a quarter inch square at a time). By two years the sole had separated from the upper and degraded enough that even duct tape didn't help enough to keep them going. If you consider two years of every-day use for $60 a good deal, then get these slippers. I am used to wearing L. L. Bean slippers and the like, which are similar moccasins to these, and although these cost a bit less they are probably very close to as good.
on December 31, 2016
Comfortable and durable winter slippers in 5E width are hard to find, even from reputable online sources like amazon. Bought first pair of Chestnut color Old Friend moccasins January 2013; husband wore the heck out of them three seasons a year, going from house to garage to mailbox and (not in snow) sometimes keeping them on for errands. Delighted to find replacement pair as Christmas gift, and quality seems the same as original 4 year old mocs. Old ones are still wearable, they do mold to feet, but lining matted down and they look tired; amazing to get 4 years of hard wear out of these. He is enjoying new warmly lined pair as we go thru another long Wisconsin winter.
on January 9, 2017
I just received these slippers. On the plus side there is lots of cushioning and they will keep your feet warm. They only problem I have with them is that the forefoot is tight, which is surprising when you consider that I ordered size 11 2e (wide). My normal size is varies between 10.5 and 11. Some shoes I require a wide while others I get a normal "D" width. The length of this slipper is perfect for me. The forefoot is tight for 2 reasons. First of all there is padding on top of the foot. While this makes the slipper warmer it also reduces toe room. The real problem is the width of the material above the forefoot. I estimate it to be 3/4" narrower than the sole measured at my little toe. I suspect the makers use the same material for the upper whether wide or normal. You have to understand that this is the only wide shoe that I have ever felt was narrow. Normally a 2e width is either are too wide for my foot or fits just right.
I like the looks of these slippers so I've decided to keep them in the hope that the liner will crush down a bit and the material will stretch. Should it I will gladly update my rating and review.
on December 21, 2016
Bought this second pair for my farmer husband to replaced the much-loved, much-worn, and finally worn out, pair bought years ago. They are his inside-shoes. They are comfortable and warm on our wood and tiles floors. I like the sturdy sole that gives him a firm footing. The ability to slip on/slip off makes it convenient for him to change his shoes at the door, so my floors don't get mud and muck tracked in. He wears a size 13, which is hard to find, and the fit is perfect.
on August 3, 2015
I saw a lot of differing reviews of the Old Friend Men's Moc before I decided to purchase mine. Several reviewers said that theirs fell apart or did not hold up well. I found this not to be true. Mine have held up very well with no signs of wear, splitting, or other flaws. The fit is very good for a 5E size and they are very comfortable. I am retired and on some days I wear them from the time I get up until I go to bed (although not in the shower!) and they have held up very well to extended use. I also wear them in the yard when I water plants, clean the fountain, etc. and have not had any issues, even with drips of water falling on them. I am a busy person in my garage with several hobbies and I wear them out there, too. I wear them barefoot and am considering buying a slightly larger size for cold weather. My feet were severely injured in a car accident and wear boots when I am going to be on my feet for any length of time but these mocs prove to be comfortable for around the house or to walk to the mail box. All and all, I am very satisfied with the mocs and can recommend them without reservation.
on March 25, 2017
I am 310 lbs. and wear these almost everyday. Almost 3 months now. Inside and outside. I won't wear them when its wet outside. These are still just like new. No tears anywhere. Very well made. Wear these more than I wear my regular shoes. Very comfy and durable.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.