Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-2 of 2 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 10 reviews
on August 16, 2003
If you are a woman thinking of starting your own business or already well on the path, this book is one of the best business investments you will ever make.
"The Old Girls' Network" provides a common-sense and how-to approach to setting up a business (so very rare in the entrepreneurial world). While it nicely lays out the steps you likely will take in making your business a success, its strength is the focus on what it really takes - heart and soul and how you can leverage your own passion. It is packed full of examples of successful entrepreneurial women who have made their vision come true. The book is encouraging and supportive but never hesitates to keep the reader's feet on the ground with practical expectations and the other side of the table's perspective. Now we know how to play the game, it's not such a mystery.
I am starting my own business and about to start to pitch to angel investors. Over my journey so far, I have had many moments when I have felt completely out of my league, confused by the entrepreneurial lingo, and very much alone. This book has given me guidance on where I should go next, role models to follow, and most of all confidence that I will succeed because I know where to go for support. My odds of success just went way through the roof.
Thank you Sharon, Kathy and Connie for inspiring us all.
on September 27, 2005
I came across this book in one of my many sessions of surfing for books on Amazon. This book is worth more then 5 stars! It is an easy read and the ladies give you so much information in a simple format. If you have any spiritual leanings and know anything about the law of attraction I suggest getting this book in conjunction with "Attracting Perfect Customers." This second book helps you really flesh out a mission/vision statement for your business and is also written by women.